Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump Replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gster
Started my '73 2.0 up last weekend only to find a pool of gas under the front and a leaking pump.
I'm looking for a recommendation for a replacement and hopefully someone has a simple diagram of the 3 into 2 fuel line routing.
Thanks in advance.
arne
I'm going through the same on my long-stored '73, including the whole fuel line kit. I bought a Bosch #69133 2 port pump from my local Bosch jobber. I see that you can get these from Rock Auto for less than $70 shipped.

This pump will need a bit of hose looping due to the ports being on opposite ends of the pump (unlike the stock pump where all three ports are on the same end), and the input port is the same 8mm size as the outlet, so you will either need a adapter from 10mm to 8mm (supplied in the line kit I got from Tangerine Racing), or a different fuel filter that has 10mm inlet and 8mm outlet.

Eliminating the third leg of the fuel line is easy. The current return line has a Y-fitting with one leg being the return to tank and the other going back the the third port on the pump. Just eliminate that Y-fitting and run only the return to the pump.

You mentioned the leaking pump is in front - has your pump already been relocated? Mine is still in the stock rear location.
gster
QUOTE(arne @ Apr 15 2017, 11:06 AM) *

I'm going through the same on my long-stored '73, including the whole fuel line kit. I bought a Bosch #69133 2 port pump from my local Bosch jobber. I see that you can get these from Rock Auto for less than $70 shipped.

This pump will need a bit of hose looping due to the ports being on opposite ends of the pump (unlike the stock pump where all three ports are on the same end), and the input port is the same 8mm size as the outlet, so you will either need a adapter from 10mm to 8mm (supplied in the line kit I got from Tangerine Racing), or a different fuel filter that has 10mm inlet and 8mm outlet.

Eliminating the third leg of the fuel line is easy. The current return line has a Y-fitting with one leg being the return to tank and the other going back the the third port on the pump. Just eliminate that Y-fitting and run only the return to the pump.

You mentioned the leaking pump is in front - has your pump already been relocated? Mine is still in the stock rear location.

Thanks for the response. I've been looking over the previous posts on this topic and the Bosch pump seems the way to go.
The pump on my car is located up front. It's been that way since I bought it (1999).
I'll source a new pump and may return with some more questions.
PlantMan
I used an Airtex pump and mounted mine on the firewall.
Pump is 2 port and just under $70 on Amazon. I also purchased a pressure gauge ($25) and mounted it on the driver fuel rail to be able to check fuel pressure easily.
914 RZ-1
Here's a diagram based on what I did. I put my aftermarket pump on the firewall near to original location. I drilled holes in the firewall and used long bolts.
I got various fittings to make everything work. Take everything with you to your FLAPS and build it there.
Click to view attachment
gster
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ Apr 15 2017, 02:44 PM) *

Here's a diagram based on what I did. I put my aftermarket pump on the firewall near to original location. I drilled holes in the firewall and used long bolts.
I got various fittings to make everything work. Take everything with you to your FLAPS and build it there.
Click to view attachment

Hey! Thanks
The diagram is what I really needed.
I'll find a pump and get on this next week.

gster
QUOTE(gster @ Apr 15 2017, 03:00 PM) *

QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ Apr 15 2017, 02:44 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Hey! Thanks
The diagram is what I really needed.
I'll find a pump and get on this next week.

I've ordered the Airtex pump as delivery was quick.
So well see how that works out.

The old uncle
The sketch shows a pressure regulator. Is this a stock item replacement or did the original Bosch 3 port have one built in? The pump I received from Parts Geek [F 0023] says nothing about a regulator.
arne
The pressure regulator is standard, connects to the rearmost end of the driver's side fuel rail. Not part of the pump.
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.