Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the cooling flaps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burton73
Not sure this should be in the forum or parts wanted but new members should know this.

And shame on me for not seeing this. My 76 does not have the cooling flaps or warm up parts in. The thermostat is in and the wire is coming up and not frayed. I need all the rest of the parts.
Question is where do I get the cooling flaps and parts to put it back to factory specs. I have read the old posting and want to put them back. Do I need to remove the engine?

Thanks,

Bob
smash.gif
BeatNavy
Put a WTB in the classifieds. You'll have to remove a good part of the engine tin. Pretty sure you can do it with the engine still in the car, although it's easier to remove and reinstall the tin with the engine out.
Mikey914
We are in the process of making the cooling flaps now. We are shooting for $20 a set. The metal is cut, just need to finish the roll dies and the stamps.
3 weeks or so.
Mark
burton73
I found this guy on the web from someone here with a link to an old posting. http://www.awesomepowdercoat.com/

the type iv is a different engine, yes, I can supply all the thermostat related parts you need
all new, all usa made
$129 2 yr warranty
stat bracket $34
cable $9
pulley with bolt $40
saddle bearings $19.99
complete flaps assembly $150
shipping depends on exactly what you need

Clark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.