Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: we are home safe and sound
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
well the car has a total of 6500 miles on it, but would you believe it 150 miles from home the alt went out. so what did i do, i disconnected it and pulled one head light fuse and drove it to with in 100 miles of home on the battery, then called AAA.

it figures it had a problem that stopped me almst with in sight of home.

i am happy to report i am in my recliner and teri is on her couch.

to thank all who made this trip possible:

joe obrian
joe sharp
doug hardman
rick ollah ( sp )
larry d
clay
joe ricard

GWN7
Glad to hear your home beerchug.gif
Joe Ricard
That's one heck of a support group we have here. I amproud to be a part of it. Glad you made it home FINALLY wacko.gif . So I guess you accomplished most everything that some say can't be done. If weren't for them damn Porsche parts you woulda made it fine. well I guess an Altenator could be from anything. Nice to meet both of you hope you found our southern hostitality hospitable. Later dude. and dudette.
spare time toys
Glad to see you made it safe and sound. clap.gif We enjoyed having you stop over at the house.
Kerrys914
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

East Coast to West Coast...Nice work. I look forward to seeing it in Sept beerchug.gif

can't wait to here the stories and to see if some are really ture about those crazy left coasters laugh.gif laugh.gif

Again nice work and glad your home safe

aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
clap.gif Good work Scott, Your car was a hit at the event aktion035.gif driving.gif and you and Teri are a great road trip team. Great to meet both you and Teri. When your vaction from your vacation is over. Start getting ready for the next one. smilie_pokal.gif
CptTripps
Nice job Scott! Glad you are safe and sound. I can imagine that after a trip like that, you'll want to WALK places for a while. smile.gif

ChrisFoley
Way to go Scott!! clap.gif
I'm afraid to take my street 914 out of state even.
ws91420
Scott congratulations on the maiden voyage.
TurtleGirl
I'm so glad to hear you guys made it home safe!!!

We we so fortunate to meet you guys, and I LOVE your sense of humor! You and Teri are a laugh a minute, and thank you for letting us share in your experience!!!

Take care, and we'll see you at the next one!!
Liz welder.gif
plas76targa
Scott & Teri - well done, congratulations and most of all glad you made it home safe and sound.

Let's hook up once I return to Frederick this summer and we'll find some twisty roads in MD.

boxstr
Teri, HAPPY BIRTHDAY birthday3.gif birthday2.gif from all of us at CAMP 914
CCLINSAVINGASPOTFORYOUATWCC2006
Gint
Way to go Scott. That was a helluva trip. beerchug.gif
Jenny
What?!?! You're just now getting home? wink.gif Glad to hear the trip has ended, without any major problems. Thanks for driving all the way out to LALAland. I enjoyed meeting both you and Teri.

Jen
scotts-toolwench
Thank you to everyone for the good wishes and the support on this journey. I've met the most extrodinary people on this trip and I'll always feel the love for all of you.
That being said....HOLY S**T, it's good to be home! Who knew you could miss your couch so much? biggrin.gif

I'm happy to report Scott is very much alive (See, I told you all I wouldn't REALLY kill him) and the car is in....in....well the car sorta works cool.gif

Much wub.gif to everyone who I've met....
Toast
OMG! You guys just got home! ohmy.gif

Im glad you guys made it home safe.........and Finally! clap.gif

It was so great to meet you both. And im very glad that I got to party with you both! beerchug.gif drunk.gif

If you are crazy enough to go to WCC06 screwy.gif I hope to see ya again!
redshift
DOOD!

smile.gif

M
Mrs. K
smilie_pokal.gif Glad you made it home safely! It was great to meet you both in person! Too bad I couldn't make it past Friday and Sat am......looks like it was a blast!

Take care!

Lisa wavey.gif
JoeSharp
This is SOOO good to hear.... smilie_pokal.gif
I just got this shiteatting grin on my face that wont go away.
6,500 Miles, only way you can beat that is to come here next year and drive up with us. wacko.gif
wub.gif Joe
brer

Well done! Really cool to meet ya and see your creation.
very inspirational. idea.gif

That hawk was a good sign I think.
I think this shot is how many remember your car at the meet, tearing up that side road.

peace,
brer

SpecialK
Gotta be some kind of roadtrip record!! WOW!! beer.gif
tat2dphreak
glad you guys made it, it took big brass cajones to do what you guys did!! beer.gif
LuckieO
It was really nice to meet you both! I hope the rest of your journey was a good time. It was nice to have your company on a good majority of the trip. Joe and I both hope to hang out with you again sometime soon! beerchug.gif
JoeSharp
Hey MAN: All you Joes' ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! mueba.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif wub.gif wub.gif
Joe
Joe Ricard
Scott should geta bumper sticker
This car is supported by the guys named Joe. laugh.gif
As far as a record. well, I still think I got it. Yes Scott and the tool wench travelled a LONG way. But the time vs. distance ratio is longer. scotts car is a NARP no doubt it is cool. He had a radio (cheating) He also had one sweet girl to talk to (double cheating). Then there was that transaxle failure and OMG the altenator (damn it almost made it). rolleyes.gif

Series9
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ May 9 2005, 06:24 AM)
Scott should geta bumper sticker
This car is supported by the guys named Joe. laugh.gif

Sean! We need a sticker...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.