Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front End Ground Clearance?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Cracker
I am just curious as to what kind of ground clearance cars have...specifically, dedicated track/race cars. I realize allot of variables are at play here so I will ask the measurement take place from the bottom of the front bumper. Thanks!

Tony
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Cracker @ Apr 16 2017, 07:42 AM) *

I am just curious as to what kind of ground clearance cars have...specifically, dedicated track/race cars. I realize allot of variables are at play here so I will ask the measurement take place from the bottom of the front bumper. Thanks!

Tony

Four inches on Kermee....to the edge of the front spoiler, just clears a 4x4 which is actually about 3 3/4". I'm on 225/45/15's....
Cracker
John - Thank you. Can you measure from the bottom and center of the front bumper?

T
campbellcj
Hey Tony,

Mine is 10" from the right-side bottom edge of the front bumper, to the ground. The center part of the bumper is all cut away for cooling but it seems about even.

My car is not sitting as low as I think it could with the tires I've been using lately. It could stand an alignment and corner balance and possibly drop quite a bit as the tires clear well and I just pulled a bunch more weight out. For sure my corner balance is whacked.
McMark
10.75" at my front bumper, on 205/40/16 tires. The tires make a huge difference in ride height if you're seeking low-ness. sunglasses.gif
Cracker
Thanks Chris and Mark...I am playing with my ride height after some issues at the track a month ago. My car is currently 10.50" at the same point and feel I have room to lower it more if I wish. I'll play with it at Barber in a couple weeks and let you know where I end up.

T
Jetsetsurfshop
Mine is 10.5 with 205/50/15.
Hope you get it sorted out. driving.gif
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Cracker @ Apr 16 2017, 05:42 PM) *

John - Thank you. Can you measure from the bottom and center of the front bumper?

T

Uhhhh.....I ripped it off at VIR, just now getting it back together & won't be back on track tires 'til VIR again on May 1 with PDE.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.