Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PORSCHE/BMW/ SCHEEL SPORT SERIES 300 RACING SEATS. FITS 911 912 914 GT R RSR CLS $5000 OBO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tminerpcav
HERE ARE (2) VINTAGE SCHEEL SERIES 300 RACING SEATS IN EXTRAORDINARY ORIGINAL (SURVIVOR) CONDITION. UNLESS YOU CAN LOCATE THESE AS N.O.S., YOU'LL NOT FIND A NICER PAIR OF VINTAGE SHEEL 300 SEATS.

BUYER TO PAY FREIGHT AND PACKAGING (UNLESS LOCAL PICKUP IN SO-CAL.).

QUESTIONS? CALL TIM MINER @ 949 510 4434

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Larmo63
Does anybody know the trick to getting the headrests out of this style of Scheel seat?

I have them in my car. I'd like to free up the head rests. The posts are either welded, or bolted in. I've looked inside and short of tearing them down, I can't see anything that is keeping them locked in.

There doesn't seem to be any "lock" at the top escutcheons, I've looked.
JmuRiz
I don't think anyone has found a way to get them out. Mine are in and don't go up either.
porbmw
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Feb 28 2018, 10:52 AM) *

I don't think anyone has found a way to get them out. Mine are in and don't go up either.

Nothing to indicate whether these sold...
Any idea what they are /were worth?
Lucky9146
QUOTE(porbmw @ Feb 28 2018, 01:58 PM) *

porbmw
When I saw your post I was wondering if sold too. I decided to call the number listed in the first posting. He said they sold for $2000.

Always keeping my eye out for some.
white914.jpg
Blue6
They must have made two models. My headrests remove easily....
Larmo63
I know once I tear them apart to have them redone, it will be obvious what is holding the inner head rest shafts in the seat tubes.

Frustrating. headbang.gif
eric9144
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 28 2018, 11:28 PM) *

I know once I tear them apart to have them redone, it will be obvious what is holding the inner head rest shafts in the seat tubes.

Frustrating. headbang.gif

If and when you do...please post the solution if there is one, my headrests have been stuck down for the past 10yrs dry.gif

I seem to recall that when they did slide up and down, one of the two head rest posts was notched like there was a catch in there somewhere, but it's been so long I dont recall which post (left or right) had them. I've yanked on mine pretty hard trying to get them to release and nothing... headbang.gif
porbmw
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Feb 28 2018, 04:45 PM) *

QUOTE(porbmw @ Feb 28 2018, 01:58 PM) *

porbmw
When I saw your post I was wondering if sold too. I decided to call the number listed in the first posting. He said they sold for $2000.

Always keeping my eye out for some.
white914.jpg

Will send a PM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.