Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch cable and Speedo cable support
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
capitolatim
Just finishing up my 2.4/4 install. I want to keep the cable off the headers and better supported. Anyone have some ideas/photos?

Cheers
Tim in Capitola
Elliot Cannon
I wrapped my cables with a heat shield. I also held them away from the headers with adel clamps and spacers. You can easily see the heat shield wrap around the clutch cable in this pic. I also had to protect the oil lines from my external oil cooler.
capitolatim
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 17 2017, 10:21 AM) *

I wrapped my cables with a heat shield. I also held them away from the headers with adel clamps and spacers. You can easily see the heat shield wrap around the clutch cable in this pic. I also had to protect the oil lines from my external oil cooler.

Thanks, where/how did you mount the clamps?

Elliot Cannon
You can see one of the clamps in the picture. Look just behind the oil filter and just to the right of the oil pan drain. There is a hole on the right side of the oil pan. I used a long bolt and spacer to hold the adel clamp. Unfortunately the other clamps can't be seen in this picture. If you want more it'll have to wait till I can get the car up on the lift again, which should be pretty soon 'cause I need to change the oil soon.
capitolatim
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 17 2017, 05:00 PM) *

You can see one of the clamps in the picture. Look just behind the oil filter and just to the right of the oil pan drain. There is a hole on the right side of the oil pan. I used a long bolt and spacer to hold the adel clamp. Unfortunately the other clamps can't be seen in this picture. If you want more it'll have to wait till I can get the car up on the lift again, which should be pretty soon 'cause I need to change the oil soon.

Elliot, thanks, more photos when you have a chance. Heading your way on Thursday, over to Soda Lake to see the flowers, taking the Corvette.

Cheers
Tim
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(capitolatim @ Apr 17 2017, 09:00 PM) *

Elliot, thanks, more photos when you have a chance. Heading your way on Thursday, over to Soda Lake to see the flowers, taking the Corvette.

Cheers
Tim

I flew over that area (very low) Sunday afternoon. smile.gif Millions of flowers. All it takes is a little rain. Drive safe.
capitolatim
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 17 2017, 10:56 PM) *

QUOTE(capitolatim @ Apr 17 2017, 09:00 PM) *

Cheers
Tim

I flew over that area (very low) Sunday afternoon. smile.gif Millions of flowers. All it takes is a little rain. Drive safe.

We didn't make, tried Pinnacles...fewer flowers than our backyard...maybe Monday?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.