Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB: 914-6 Oil Line Hook -- CLOSED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
McMark
I've handed this part off to Restoration Design. I sent Pete my drawings and a link to the grommet. Contact RD for availability.

I had some interest in the 914-6 oil line hook. This welds to the bottom of the driver's side longitudinal, just in front of the trailing arm bracket. It holds the large oil supply line from the tank to the engine (attached to the oil cooler).

These are $10 shipped in the US. Add the rubber grommet for an additional $10 ($4 for the grommet, and $6 for shipping because of extra thickness). I will ship internationally as well for additional shipping.

Login Hooks Grommets
Travis Neff 1 1 Paid
colingreene 1
infraredcalvin 1 1 Paid
Nutter965 1 1
Steve 1 1 Paid
gcrotvik 2 0 Paid
mmascari 1
Norskpole 2 2 Paid
wndsnd 1 1 Paid
Kansas 914 1 1 Paid
Jeffs9146 1 1 Paid
Luke M 2 2 Paid
db9146 1 3 Paid
jkb944t 1
GeorgeRud 1 1 Paid
mb911 1 1 Paid
porbmw ?
Mitox 1 1 Paid
Dtjaden 1
Mike D. 1 1 Paid
eyesight 1 1
forrestkhaag 1
live free & drive 1 1 Paid
RobW 1 1 Paid
sixnotfour 2 2
raynekat 1 0 Paid
mepstein 3 3 Paid
TravisNeff
I am in for one
colingreene
im in
infraredcalvin
I'm in for one too, let me know how and when you want to get paid.
Nutter965
I'm in for one, should fit in a padded envelope
McMark
Yeah, these fit standard envelopes.
db9146
Is Mikey (914Rubber) making the grommet for the hook to protect the line?
Steve
I'll take one
McMark
QUOTE(db9146 @ Apr 18 2017, 03:20 PM) *

There's talk... hide.gif
gcrotvik
I will take 2 please. Thanks!
mmascari
I will take one as well.
Norskpole
I'm in for 1
wndsnd
I am in.
Kansas 914
I am in for one - thanks Mark - cheers!

LMK how to pay.
Jeffs9146
I will take one!
Luke M
Put me down for two of them.
db9146
One please.
jkb944t
I'll take one too!

Jeff B
McMark
I started using Fusion360 to design things. It's working pretty well, but now I can't figure out how to get my designs out of F360 and to the cutter. This step drives me totally bonkers -- I don't understand how the rest of the CAD/Design industry works if there's no interoperability between platforms. wacko.gif

Anyone know F360 well? If nothing else, I'll just redraw it with my old system.

Gonna place the work order next week and then contact everyone.
GeorgeRud
I'll take one. I guess this list shows who has a conversion car!

Give payment details when they're available.
peteyd
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 19 2017, 09:24 AM) *

I started using Fusion360 to design things. It's working pretty well, but now I can't figure out how to get my designs out of F360 and to the cutter. This step drives me totally bonkers -- I don't understand how the rest of the CAD/Design industry works if there's no interoperability between platforms. wacko.gif

Mark,

save your file as a dxf or dwg. Whoever youre getting to cut it will be able to use that file type.

Pete
McMark
QUOTE(peteyd @ Apr 19 2017, 02:53 PM) *

Mark,

save your file as a dxf or dwg. Whoever youre getting to cut it will be able to use that file type.

Pete

Yeah, I can save DXF, but they can't open it. Here's a test file...
mb911
I want one as well
Montreal914
2D files; DWG or DXF
3D Files; STEP, STL, IGES, others...

Seems like you got it. Here is a screen capture of your test file that I opened with SolidWorks.

Good luck.

Click to view attachment

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 19 2017, 12:03 PM) *

QUOTE(peteyd @ Apr 19 2017, 02:53 PM) *

Mark,

Pete

Yeah, I can save DXF, but they can't open it. Here's a test file...

6freak
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 18 2017, 01:34 PM) *

QUOTE(db9146 @ Apr 18 2017, 03:20 PM) *

There's talk... hide.gif

its needed probably more then the hook...JMO smile.gif
wndsnd
If I can make a suggestion of giving it some extra length to allow for some wiggle room. We can always shorten them up a bit.
McMark
Okay, I got my drawing issue sorted out. I was making a couple mistakes, so I learned something new.

Thanks for confirming, Montreal914. It may not have seemed like much, but your input led to me to the solution I needed. smiley_notworthy.gif

Once I get the actual pieces in hand and confirm they're correct I'll contact people and post purchasing info.
McMark
Pick up the parts today. piratenanner.gif The picture looks a little off because the new part isn't sitting at the same angle as the original part.

Before I send them out, I'm ordering a sample grommet from McMaster-Carr that might work well for this. Should be here tomorrow.
Cairo94507
Nice work. beerchug.gif
porbmw
Don't need the hook....

BUT

Sure could use a couple of grommets.... beerchug.gif
Mike D.
I'll have one too. just 1 too, not two. smile.gif
Mitox
I'm in for one if it's not too late.
Dtjaden
I would also like one!
McMark
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Apr 25 2017, 05:31 PM) *

I'll have one too. just 1 too, not two. smile.gif

12? grouphug.gif
eyesright
Add me to your list. I need one for my '70 conversion. Thx. Sending PM.
McMark
Bought the wrong grommet... rolleyes.gif
Fit the hook perfectly, but the ID was wrong. slap.gif

Lets try again tomorrow.
forrestkhaag
I will take one if available. Paypal?
McMark
Got the new grommet today. Looks really good to me. ID is ~30mm, and should fit AN-16 snug. The one I bought yesterday was about ~22mm on the inside. The smaller grommet won't be part of this GB, but if you need that size you can order it yourself from McMaster.
live free & drive
I'd like to get in on this group buy too - if possible.

PM sent.
EdwardBlume
I'm in too! Thx
wndsnd
Looks good and saves me more fabrication.

Payment sent!
McMark
Updated the first post with the order's I've received and who's paid. These will start shipping on Tuesday.

Additional orders are still acceptable.
mb911
Received mine today in the mail thank you..

Now any rough location dimensions?
Mitox
I received mine today. It's looks great, thanks.

I could use location dimensions also, if anyone has the info.
Steve
I got mine too. Looks great.
McMark
The oil line hook is not specifically placed. Like most of the stuff on these cars, they were installed by hand and vary from car to car. The one on Andy's car has a 13mm gap between the suspension bracing and the hook. The one pictured below has almost zero gap. Also, the hook on Andy's car is NOT aligned perfectly with the long. It's installed 'crooked'. So for a true and accurate reproduction, you should avoid measuring or careful alignment. Simply weld the hook on in the 'right location' without much effort or attention to the minutia.

Click to view attachment
IPB Image
Norskpole
Received mine today! Excellent workmanship, as usual, from Mr. Mark! Thanks again.
mepstein
Got 3 today. Look great! Thank you.
porbmw
Will send PM
Am in for 2 grommets
Thx
Paul
Mitox
QUOTE(McMark @ May 14 2017, 07:15 AM) *

The oil line hook is not specifically placed. Like most of the stuff on these cars, they were installed by hand and vary from car to car. The one on Andy's car has a 13mm gap between the suspension bracing and the hook. The one pictured below has almost zero gap. Also, the hook on Andy's car is NOT aligned perfectly with the long. It's installed 'crooked'. So for a true and accurate reproduction, you should avoid measuring or careful alignment. Simply weld the hook on in the 'right location' without much effort or attention to the minutia.

Click to view attachment
IPB Image

Thanks for the location info; locating it should be easy.

Michael
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.