What's the backstory on it and you?
Tom_T
Nice & excellent color! smile.gif

welcome.png

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
drem914
Love that color combo myself. The tartan seat pattern is an exact match to my '75 1.8 beerchug.gif welcome.png
sb914
welcome.png super nice car.
McLovin
QUOTE(sb914 @ Apr 18 2017, 09:36 PM) *

welcome.png super nice car.

Beautiful car! Hope to maybe run across you at a show sometime down here in Florida.
914Sixer
Nice looking car. The engine lid is supposed to be black under the grill. It is an often over looked detail.
Coondog
Very nice 914, what's its history ??
djway
Beautiful. What is the color?
SO.O.C914er
welcome.png Nice to see another blue teener joining the club. She's a beauty!
porschefile2010
welcome.png
Anacona Blue right? Snap! Great colour.
Chris H.
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 18 2017, 10:18 PM) *

Nice looking car. The engine lid is supposed to be black under the grill. It is an often over looked detail.

I was about to mention that...must have been re-sprayed recently. But that's probably a good thing! I see plaid seats too which are nice.

Ancona Blue is pretty rare. You have a good one there.
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
Groosh
Congrats! When I opened the thread, my eyes said wow.
76-914
Nice! welcome.png
howelljames
Thanks everyone for the welcome and nice comments / help with brake light issue.

I installed my brake switch tonight. Solved problem! I decided to sell my Harley to get this car. I'm 51 and have been riding since 10. I've owned 53 bikes. All kinds of bikes. Road and track. The wife and I have always wanted an air cooled Targa Porsche. We'll have to wait for the 911, so we focused on selling my #126/1500 1991 Harley Sturgis to get this car. Can always get another bike, but the market is going up quick on these cars. Thrilled to have one, and Janice and I are going to find every Tiki bar in Florida, as well as some vintage races, and Daytona Rolex, and Sebring. This car will be DRIVEN.

This car was resprayed this color. It was a very pastel blue stock. I love the tartan, but the driver side is hammered. Hate to say it, but here in FL, will probably run solid black Wetokole set covers. One day recover in the Tartan. I wanted tartan, Fucks, and a luggage rack, got lucky and found all three!

beer.gif
howelljames
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Apr 19 2017, 08:18 AM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 18 2017, 10:18 PM) *

I was about to mention that...must have been re-sprayed recently. But that's probably a good thing! I see plaid seats too which are nice.

Ancona Blue is pretty rare. You have a good one there.

Yeah, it was a bad respray. The paint is actually the worst part of the car, along with the torn drivers seat. But it's RUST FREE, straight and runs great. I can deal with fixing the rest down the line.
green914
nice car! welcome.png
burton73
Car Looks great.
welcome.png
LowBridge
sweet looking teener... welcome.png
papajohn123
Man, that car is absolutely gorgeous! Looks like you took great care of her. I absolutely love that shade of blue and those rims
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.