Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Racing 914's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krazykonrad
That's way cool! Thanks for posting.

Konrad
Alphaogre
nice!!!!!

I'd LOVE to see a Victory By Design style doc but focused on the 914...
Mueller
Great video, I think the price of my 914 just went up a few grand with that video alone!
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
horizontally-opposed
Anyone notice the caption in the pic below? There are cars with big bumpers, narrow cars with 15-inch Fuchs in various sizes, cars with early and late -4 wheels, a car with black-centered wheels, etc. The truck looks like it might be a bit new, too. Wondering if this is a shot of a Porsche Club France or PCGB transport of private cars to somewhere for an event?

It's high time the 914 got a book like this, and the photos are invaluable—but it's a pity to hear about the 914-4's mechanicals being described as all VW. If you think about it, not a lot separates a 914-4 from a 914-6 other than the obvious (engine) and the brakes/wheels...so I have long considered the mechanicals in both versions far more Porsche than VW. The front suspension is pure 901 in concept, as is the transmission, while the unibody and rear suspension is Porsche's design for the 914 alone—as is plenty of other gear.

Curious for others' view on this.
sb914
Anyone notice his pronunciation of Porsche?
GeorgeRud
I bought a copy as soon as it was available, and it really is a well researched and comprehensive study on the racing 914s. I've been fortunate to always own at least one or more since 1974 and thought I knew a lot about them. The chapters on the European racing and rallying were new to me, so it's been great fun to find more history on these cars. This and Excellance Was Expected should be on every 914 enthusiast's bookshelf.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(sb914 @ Apr 20 2017, 11:47 AM) *

Anyone notice his pronunciation of Porsche?

Did notice, but didn't bother me in the least. Maybe that's due to the accent?

I agree that the photos and research are a valuable contribution to the historical record, and nice to see them published. The pics alone are probably worth the price of admission...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.