Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can we have a Hershey Photo Uploader
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Big Len
Let's try and get all pics and videos right side up.
r_towle
Bump
Big Len
Anybody there?
Andyrew
Send a PM to Sir Andy
AndyB
Huh, two admins at Hershey and nothing. dry.gif

AndyB
Porschef
popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif popcorn[1].gif
Big Len
Hey, it's east coast.....what do you expect? A colorized thread? A photo up loader?
MDTerp
Len - Pleasure to meet and park next to you today. Hopefully better weather next year.
Click to view attachment
BillC
Met 4 other 914s at the Dunkin Donuts this morning, so we had a 5-car caravan to the swap meet. Here are a couple of pics shortly after we arrived at the meet (the blue car was already there). Didn't start raining until about 11:30, didn't really start to rain hard until about 1:30. Almost like Mother Nature was making up for the last couple of years. blink.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 22 2017, 03:01 PM) *

Hey, it's east coast.....what do you expect? A colorized thread? A photo up loader?

I just saw this thread.
Did anyone actually ask an admin?

No PM asking for an uploader ...
poke.gif confused24.gif
TM_Corey
I had a great time. Regardless of a kid with 102 fever at the hotel, my car not being ready, and the rain. All the beautiful cars were worth the drive.

Missed out on the only thing I was going to buy when a guy stepped in front of me and bought it as I mulled it over.....Rrrr. Goes back to "never think about a good deal".
BeatNavy
Good to see everyone and meet some new people this weekend. It was good to see those vendors that support our disease at Hershey, especially Eric Shea from PMB and Scott & Matty from 914Rubber. Most especially, thanks to Bob for the cookout and planning the drive!

Hope everyone makes it home safe.
Big Len
First time for crappy weather for me. Still, met some good people and saw some beautiful cars. The stories behind the cars are fascinating.
VaccaRabite
Yeah. If you need something send me a pm and I'll make it happen.
r_towle
I sent you both an email.
Zach's was rejected by this board server, some database error.
Andy, your namesake external email bounced after three days....
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 22 2017, 07:26 PM) *

Emails change over the years, i don't even remember which one i used to register here some 14 years ago.

A simple PM would have done the trick ...
shades.gif
r_towle
Sirandy@sirandy

I tried, then I was done.
Figured someone else may have PMd already.

VaccaRabite
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 22 2017, 11:11 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 22 2017, 07:26 PM) *

Emails change over the years, i don't even remember which one i used to register here some 14 years ago.

A simple PM would have done the trick ...
shades.gif

Couldn't even say what email is associated with the board at this point. Or if it's still active. Or if mail there just gets shunted to spam.
I do read PMs though.

Zach
lvnzdrm
At DD
Big Len
I sent Andy a PM too, yet I have no history of it being sent. Not sure what happened, but I'm surprised no one saw the thread I posted asking for it, even after a few bumps. I may be wrong, but lately I've gotten the impression that east coast members and happenings are not as, shall we say, "well received" as west coast members. I can't name specifics because i don't keep a log, but the thought has crossed my mind several times over the last 12 months or so. Am I alone in this thinking?
bulitt
Think the Octeenerfest is well attended and supported.
wndsnd
Emmett selling parts.

IPB Image
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 23 2017, 09:16 AM) *

I sent Andy a PM too, yet I have no history of it being sent. Not sure what happened, but I'm surprised no one saw the thread I posted asking for it, even after a few bumps. I may be wrong, but lately I've gotten the impression that east coast members and happenings are not as, shall we say, "well received" as west coast members. I can't name specifics because i don't keep a log, but the thought has crossed my mind several times over the last 12 months or so. Am I alone in this thinking?

Len,

I live 40 miles from Hershey, but life has kept me busy and off the board for the most part for the past year. In the past I've been the one to set the Hershey uploader. This year, for a bunch of reasons, I could not attend and it was not on my mind. I would have had the uploader set up early last week if someone had PMed me and brought it to my attention.

Zach
poorsche914
QUOTE(bulitt @ Apr 23 2017, 10:07 AM) *

I have always had success PMing Zach (Vacca Rabite) and he is pretty quick in both adding color to the Okteenerfest thread and adding a Photo Thread. aktion035.gif
Hmm, that reminds me... I need to request a color add to the Okteenerfest thread dry.gif

driving.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 23 2017, 06:16 AM) *

I'm on a 2 week vacation in Cuba, flying home today.

No, i didn't see your post.
shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 22 2017, 08:54 PM) *
Sirandy@sirandy
I tried, then I was done.
Figured someone else may have PMd already.

.org

I'm guessing you used .com ...
popcorn[1].gif
MDTerp
The last time I had my car at Hershey was 2004 and I went home on a flat bed.mad.gif Yesterday was a great day for me and I enjoyed talking to the other owners and everyone else who was interested in our cars.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Apr 23 2017, 01:02 PM) *

QUOTE(bulitt @ Apr 23 2017, 10:07 AM) *

I have always had success PMing Zach (Vacca Rabite) and he is pretty quick in both adding color to the Okteenerfest thread and adding a Photo Thread. aktion035.gif
Hmm, that reminds me... I need to request a color add to the Okteenerfest thread dry.gif

driving.gif

I'll get it as soon as I got it the kids down for the night.
Zach
lalee914
A few shots from Hershey. I need one of these for my garage, or maybe in my front yard....
lalee914
a sawed up 914
lalee914
This ain't no Por-sha... But it was very nicely done.
lalee914
There are always lots of speciality vendors at Hershey. I don't remember seeing this one before. Kind of a narrow market focus.
lalee914
There were a few race cars for sale.
lalee914
And this one.
lalee914
There are always parts for sale. Frequently very rust but not always.
lalee914
And there were some very nice 914s. I loved this one.
lalee914
And then there was this bad boy. Big Chevy V8 in the back, LOTS of power, LOTS of torque. Very nicely done car. Not for everyone.
r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 23 2017, 01:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Big Len @ Apr 23 2017, 06:16 AM) *

I'm on a 2 week vacation in Cuba, flying home today.

No, i didn't see your post.
shades.gif

Totally jealous. We went to Nashville instead.
AZBanks
QUOTE(lalee914 @ Apr 23 2017, 04:06 PM) *

That belongs to 914world member RichPugh. It is a beauty.
Mitox
Here's a few pics, some are of the same cars already posted.

Click to view attachment

Mitox
Click to view attachment
Mitox
Click to view attachment
Mitox
Click to view attachment
Mitox
Click to view attachment
Mitox
Click to view attachment
Porschef
Well, at least the tractor's orange... biggrin.gif
AndyB
QUOTE(lalee914 @ Apr 23 2017, 07:12 PM) *

And then there was this bad boy. Big Chevy V8 in the back, LOTS of power, LOTS of torque. Very nicely done car. Not for everyone.

Yeah the owner has been trying to sell that thing for years. Let's just say he goes home with it every year.

AndyB
ejm
QUOTE(lalee914 @ Apr 23 2017, 07:06 PM) *

Not sure how I missed that one.. that's my 911 with the right side parking wipers behind it blink.gif
TM_Corey
QUOTE(lalee914 @ Apr 23 2017, 05:00 PM) *

There are always lots of speciality vendors at Hershey. I don't remember seeing this one before. Kind of a narrow market focus.

These guys were super cool. I was stranded at my hotel due to my boy having a 102.5 temp, so my wife decided to stay there with him and let me Uber to the show. In the lobby I struck up a conversation with these two (Darren and Joe) and they ended up giving me a ride to the show!! Saved me $22.00, plus I got to know them pretty well and hung out with them most of the day.

I thought it was a small market also, but they were slammed all day. The sell several different injection molded parts for speedos, odometers, convertible tops, etc. Not just for Porsche, but for dozens of cars makers and models. They sell to shops and private individuals alike. They were telling me the owner of the company who worked at NASA at the time got mad because no one would see him just a gear for a restoration, so he had it made. That was the beginning of the company.

They will be at Stoddard if anyone needs anything.
BeatNavy
My meager contribution to the pics:

Brief stop at Gettysburg:
Click to view attachment

"Gracing the Green" at Air Cooled Racing while it was still beautiful and before the sky opened up and rained on us:
Click to view attachment

Air Cooled Cat at Air Cooled Racing. The legs in the background belong to Ralph and his friend, Armand. Ralph was trying to guide Big Len in who was flying blind at that point.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.