Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multiple Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ross
Hi Guys,

I am getting closer to solving a few mysteries, but still have a few questions:

1. How do you get the cigarette lighter out. I can see the back of it with a mirror and it only looks like it is held in place with a metal type ring that holds on to it. No clips, screws, etc. Do you just pull it out with force? I didn't want to break anything.
2. When I pull the steering wheel/horn pad off, it is clear that someone has jerry rigged it. Do you all have any pictures of this assembly? I have a red wire that looks to be "custom" attached.
3. There is a cluster of wires that travel along the inside of the dash to the fan slider/switches. I have two wires (one brown, one white) that have been cut. Any idea what those two wires might belong to? I used to have a center counsel, so could they have possibly gone to something on it?

Thanks as always for your help. Is it possible to actually finish fixing up one of these cars...?

Ross

papajohn123
I have no idea about questions 2 and 3, but regarding the first question, can't you press it and then pull it out? Not just pull out directly. I'm not really sure tho.
jfab
hey man, the cigarette lighter does come out if you pull hard enough, but if you bend that little crush ring (only thing holding it in) it may just slide out.

I have been working on rewiring my 1970 for 3 weeks and im almost done so if you can shoot me pictures i would be able to help out probably, cause i only have a few of my own questions left lol. I have studied and disassembled 2 73 steering columns and 2 1970 steering columns to make an oem 1970 setup, diagrams are you friend
Ross
Thanks JFab, I will work on taking some pics and getting them to you

Ross
Yeah, there is a weird looking anchor ring behind the dash holding it in. My options are to disconnect the wires and: 1) pry the cig lighter housing from under the dash (if I can get a plastic pry tool in there) or 2) just pull it from the front and hope not to damage the ring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.