Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2017 - Sept. 14-17
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
mepstein
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 23 2017, 07:09 PM) *

There are few things in the automobile world that translate universally. But there are certain people who creat works of are that are beyond words. I took many pictures of Tim Kinney's gauges that have become such a marque item for this event and frankly all of them completely failed to capture the work this guy does.

But if you come to Okteenerfest you will have the chance to take home a true work of art!

Amazing!

I always get compliments on the ones he did for me.
Mblizzard
Well I hope everyone is not getting too tired of me posting goodies?

Ron and Tucker from AASE Sales came up with a few goody bags that are out of this world!
Click to view attachment
Look at some of the parts below and you will understand that AASE has the parts to support all your 914 parts needs. Also whenever I have a interesting part for other cars, AASE has me covered. If I need a part for the Boxster, a quick call to Tucker usually resolves the issue very quickly.

Just take a look at the items in these bags! That tool bag is exceptionally nice and gift certificates can certainly make your day! The other items can certainly put some finishing touches on your 914. Taking home any of these will make attending the event very worth while!

Bag #1:
-Set of four floor mats
-$100.00 gift certificate
-Left and right parking brake cables
-Heater cable
-914/6 clutch cable
-2 NOS ATE brake pad kits
-Exclusive/rare PORSCHE poster
-Smooth vinyl tool bag
-914 timing decal
-914 owner’s manual

Bag #2:
-Set of four floor mats
-$75.00 gift certificate
-Heater cable
-914/6 clutch cable
-914 timing decal

Bag #3:
-Set of four floor mats
-$75.00 gift certificate
-Heater cable
-914/6 clutch cable
-914 timing decal
Mblizzard
I get to communicate with some interesting people when I reach out to vendors trying to get support for this event. One of the most interesting this year is a company in Germany FERTAN. They make some pretty impressive rust treatments.

So I was thinking all 914s have rust, German company making rust treatment equals a perfect match! Super long shot but I reached out to them.

Not quite sure how all of this will work out but they have agreed to help us out! Seriously we are receiving support all the way from Germany! I have been speaking with Björn Lang, Managing Director / General Manager of FERTAN in Germany.

Somehow with the help of Goggle Translate it seems like they will be a sponsor.
Kind of says a lot about this event and the 914!

Click to view attachment
Matty900
The car is getting closer to being ready for the trip. (I don't want to jinx anything) what would you like to see from 914Rubber as give a ways at the event?
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Aug 24 2017, 07:43 AM) *

The car is getting closer to being ready for the trip. (I don't want to jinx anything) what would you like to see from 914Rubber as give a ways at the event?

Obvious big ones

Targa bar pad
Dash
Rain Tray
Fiberglass door cards
Early/Late Rubber package
Set of All Targa seals

Maybe an assortment of the following?
2.0 Throttle Body to Plenum Rubber Sleeve
1.8 intake
High Temp heater hose
2.0 Throttle body gasket
engine deck lid bumpers
plastic sway bar bushings
Ski Rack Caps
Brake light / Trans reverse light switch cover
Side marker plastic clip
barrel nut

The items that I wind up using every time I work on the car. Engine screw kit Stainless w/washer Allen head

He asked! anyone else got suggestions?
db9146
I believe my son will be coming with me this year so I need to register him as my "2nd".

Sent an PM to Bob and Nadine since it wasn't clear how to add him to my registration.
poorsche914
Excellent! That puts us at over 120 attendees piratenanner.gif

Registration is now officially closed. If you did not register but are in the area during the event, be sure to come by and say "Hi"
And be sure to stop by the Okteenerfest Car Show on Saturday morning. Over 60 914s will be on display aktion035.gif

driving.gif

Cracker
ONE river-front suite just became available...I just cancelled my hotel reservation. It has two double beds...good luck!

Tony
poorsche914
The back of the event shirt showing off all the vendors supporting Okteenerfest 2017 and the 914 community.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
sholman5
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Apr 20 2017, 07:27 PM) *

OKTEENERFEST 2017: Oktoberfest
September 14-17 in the Alpine village of Helen, GA!

REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!!!

This year we travel to the Alpine village of Helen, GA during the town's 47th annual Oktoberfest celebrations! While we experience traditional Bavarian festivities and cuisine from oompah bands and lederhosen to hot pretzels and German bier, our Porsche 914s will feel as though they have traveled back to their homeland! So mark your calendars and be sure to join other 914 owners for some fantastic driving, plenty of socializing, a bit of showing off, and a truckload of give-aways in a unique setting that you won't want to miss.

Join the Okteenerfest mailing list or LIKE us on Facebook for quickest access to information as it becomes available.

In addition to the driving, Okteenerfest features plenty of good eating, an awards ceremony, tons of give-aways from the most awesome vendors, a Peoples Choice Car Show, and some of the nicest people you will ever meet gathered in a single place.

Registration includes:

· Thursday evening snack/beverages
· Friday driving tour
· Friday lunch at Jake Raby’s shop
· Saturday entry to Peoples Choice Car Show
· Saturday evening awards banquet dinner
· Chance to win some great trophies
· Tickets for a chance to win some AWESOME door prizes
· Event T-Shirt
· Lifetime of memories, meeting new friends, and a chance to bond with your 914

The Helendorf River Inn is our host hotel (33 Munich Strasse, Helen, GA 30545 Phone: (800) 445-2271)
We have reserved a block of 25 Standard Rooms, 22 Riverfront Balcony Rooms and 8 Patio Rooms for our group for the nights of September 14, 15 and 16, 2017. yellowsleep[1].gif
You MUST mention you are with either Okteenerfest or the 914 club
  • Standard Rooms that do not overlook the river and involve stairs will be $114.00 per night plus tax.
  • Riverfront Balcony Rooms with elevator accessibility will be $139.00 per night plus tax.
  • Patio Level Rooms will be $149.00 per night plus tax.
  • The Helendorf requires one night's lodging as a deposit at the time reservations are made.
  • Cancellation period would be 10 days prior to arrival in order for the deposit to be fully refundable.
The rates are a bit higher than we are used to but Okteenerfest is being held during the town's annual Oktoberfest celebration and these rates are a substantial discount over their normal rates.
The venue and festive atmosphere should more than make up for the extra cost! driving.gif smilie_flagge6.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif beer3.gif
NB: The block of rooms AND OUR PREFERRED RATE will be held until August 1. After that, the rooms will be release to the public and the rate will revert back to their rack rate for everyone who books after August 1. So register and book as soon as you are able. type.gif

These vendors SUPPORT Okteenerfest and the 914. The majority have supported Okteenerfest from the beginning. aktion035.gif

Stoddard - Event Sponsor
LN Engineering - Type 4 Deluxe DTM kit
Raby's Aircooled Technology - Friday lunch at Aircooled Heaven
914 Rubber - Lots and lots of stuff for your 914
Bruce Stone - Rebuilt pedal cluster
Tim's Gauges - Custom LED gauge set
AASE Sales - Gift Certificates and 914 parts
Dakota Digital - CHT
Restoration Design - TBD
PMB Performance - Front and rear calipers
Pirelli Tire LLC - Pirelli-branded giveaway items; Event lanyards, goody bags, banners
Sierra Madre Collection - Goodies for all
Cleaning Systems Inc - Samples of Bug Goo and Release Degreaser
Sub Level 27 - Custom laser-engraved 914 items
Vintage Car LEDs - VC5000 Light kit
MSDS Inc. - High flow air intake system
Maddogs Motor Sports - Front sway bar stiffening kit; early rear sway bar mount kit; 2 shim pack (one of each 2mm, 3mm, 4mm); heater block off kit
Mike "Dr. Evil" Lesniak - $500 OFF transmission rebuild
Driven Racing Oil - Oil discounts
Perry Kiehl - Service cover
Stuttgart DNA - TBD
Zymol - TBD
Porsche - TBD
Eckler's Automotion - $$Gift certificates$$
FiveO Motorsport - Goodie bag items
Griot's Garage - Car care kits
FCI Financial Concepts Inc. – Shannon Palmer - Cash sponsor
Rix 914 Parts - Polycarbonate Rain Hats for 6-cyl carbs; Firewall pad; other goodies
SK Tools - (2) Wrench sets; a SureGrip Pocket Screwdriver for ALL attendees
Fertan – Rust Removal Solution

driving.gif

So I guess that I don't get to go. Missed registration.
poorsche914
QUOTE(sholman5 @ Aug 26 2017, 08:04 PM) *
So I guess that I don't get to go. Missed registration.

Due to time restraints on our end, once we closed registration many actions were triggered that make adding a late registrant difficult. sad.gif
You (and anyone else who may be in the area) are welcome to join us in Helen for the Saturday morning car show or throughout the weekend during our "free" times. There will be over 60 914s at the event which is a rare sight indeed. drooley.gif

driving.gif
Mblizzard
Super excited to announce that we have SK Tools back as a sponsor!

Click to view attachment

along with some other goodies SK is sending over $400 worth of their top of the line X-Frame Metric Ratcheting Wrench sets!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Big thanks to William and SK!

Steve Snyder
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 26 2017, 02:41 PM) *

The back of the event shirt showing off all the vendors supporting Okteenerfest 2017 and the 914 community.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

Wow, that's an impressive show of support from our suppliers!
clap56.gif
You may only be able to offer XXL or XXXL T-Shirts next year...
JoeD
QUOTE(Cracker @ Aug 26 2017, 08:32 AM) *

ONE river-front suite just became available...I just cancelled my hotel reservation. It has two double beds...good luck!

Tony

Oh No! Tony, are you not going?
poorsche914
QUOTE(Steve Snyder @ Aug 28 2017, 03:01 PM) *
Wow, that's an impressive show of support from our suppliers!
clap56.gif
You may only be able to offer XXL or XXXL T-Shirts next year...

It has definitely been a challenge to fit all logos within the print area while keeping them at a size that is readable while maintaining a bit of "white space". wacko.gif

driving.gif
Cracker
I will be there Joe...I am now staying at a friends cabin in lieu of the hotel. Unfortunately, I may be car-less as I had a major update that may not be completed in time for Octeenerfest. Life happens...first-world problems.

Tony

QUOTE(JoeD @ Aug 28 2017, 03:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Aug 26 2017, 08:32 AM) *

Tony

Oh No! Tony, are you not going?
Mblizzard
Yep it looks Like Charles from LN and the Type 4 Store are giving us some serious options on what goodies we would like.

Can anyone think of a few items that would use this on?

Click to view attachment
malcolm2
http://www.helendorf.com/calandar-of-events/

What great timing for us..... But seriously, Helen looks to be pretty cool.

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Aug 29 2017, 11:31 AM) *
What great timing for us..... But seriously, Helen looks to be pretty cool.

Our 914s are going to feel like they are back in das Vaterland german01.gif

driving.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 29 2017, 05:18 AM) *

Yep it looks Like Charles from LN and the Type 4 Store are giving us some serious options on what goodies we would like.

Click to view attachment

Really no one is excited about $900?
Cracker
Yay. What parts do they offer that fits an LS engine? poke.gif

T

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 29 2017, 05:35 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Mblizzard
QUOTE(Cracker @ Aug 29 2017, 01:40 PM) *

T

Click to view attachment

OK good point. As they say the only thing that beats cubic inches is cubic dollars! Would love to have a LS 914!
Mblizzard
I am sure everyone gets tired of me posting. But even if you are not coming to this event, take a look at the vendors that are supporting the 914 and keep them in mind wen making your purchases. I know this event is just a small part of the support they provide to event across the US but we have some amazing support of a car that is over 40 years old and almost forgotten. There is really a staggering amount of support for our little cars and anything we can do to repay these vendors for their support would be awesome. Even if you don't have a néed to buy look at the Okteenerfest FB page and like or share our vendors information.

Not the most media savvy and I am still trying to get my car running for the event do i am struggling to get all of the information out but your support would be very appreciated.
naro914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 29 2017, 05:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Aug 29 2017, 01:40 PM) *

T

Click to view attachment

OK good point. As they say the only thing that beats cubic inches is cubic dollars! Would love to have a LS 914!

Tony has both: cubic inches AND cubic dollars.
We have a (comparably) small little engine in ours - and it works just fine thank you...
Car going to be working Tony?? poke.gif
Cracker
Not necessarily so Bob-o. - time will surely tell regarding a running car. I hope so...

T

QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 29 2017, 05:58 PM) *

Tony has both: cubic inches AND cubic dollars.
We have a (comparably) small little engine in ours - and it works just fine thank you...
Car going to be working Tony?? poke.gif
IronHillRestorations
This is really great! It take a lot to put together an event, let alone get some great prizes. Outstanding job to all involved!!
914Next
agree.gif agree.gif
stevend914
Is anyone attending the PCA Treffen in Asheville the following weekend? confused24.gif I'm hoping for some 914 companionship at the event. driving.gif
Wdunster
driving-girl.gif driving.gif : piratenanner.gif

Looking forward to this event.

I will be needing some volunteers Saturday morning to set up for the car show at the park.

See you all soon!!
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Wdunster @ Aug 30 2017, 03:53 AM) *

driving-girl.gif driving.gif : piratenanner.gif

Looking forward to this event.

I will be needing some volunteers Saturday morning to set up for the car show at the park.

See you all soon!!

A lot of people want to know where the car show will be. Do we have an address?
poorsche914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 30 2017, 10:47 AM) *

I don't have an exact address but the car show will take place at the city park which is runs the length of the 800 block of Edelweiss Strasse.

driving.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 30 2017, 11:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 30 2017, 10:47 AM) *

I don't have an exact address but the car show will take place at the city park which is runs the length of the 800 block of Edelweiss Strasse.

driving.gif

Hotel is the Left Star.... Park is the Right star

Click to view attachment
naro914
Here is a simple map of Helen I made up for the event packets. (map above is better)
Basically, baring bad weather we will take over the Riverside Park.
Cars SHOULD be all parked by 9am (except for those that inevitably show up late) and we stay until about 11:30 or so.

Click to view attachment
914Next
Finished cleaning and detailing. I'm traveling and not home until the evening of the 14th so if it's not done now it's not getting done! See you all there.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
QUOTE(914Next @ Aug 30 2017, 03:22 PM) *

Finished cleaning and detailing. I'm traveling and not home until the evening of the 14th so if it's not done now it's not getting done! See you all there.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Awesome Red!
914Next
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 30 2017, 08:03 PM) *

QUOTE(914Next @ Aug 30 2017, 03:22 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Awesome Red!

Thanks. Now if I could just learn to post the pics with the right orientation!
malcolm2
QUOTE(914Next @ Aug 30 2017, 07:34 PM) *

I have always heard, "button on the right"
914Next
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Aug 30 2017, 09:45 PM) *

QUOTE(914Next @ Aug 30 2017, 07:34 PM) *

I have always heard, "button on the right"

Thanks. Don't mean to hijack this thread with my pic posting owes but usually I don't have a problem. In this instance though, I posted my response and pics via my iPhone. When I view the post from my iPhone they appear correctly oriented in the post but when I look on my mac they are not oriented correctly. Is my phone correcting them within the 914world app? Odd.
Bills914-4

Click to view attachment

oh yeah!
I can think of a few things (cam kit ) would go nice with the Nickies I won last year for
my next project ( leaning towards boost evilgrin.gif )

Finally got the car ready, nothing like cutting it close, new je pistons special order,&
new aa cylinders I sent out for heat treat (FNC / ion technologies S.C.), just need to tune
the ms2 a little bit,

Now no more piston slap smile.gif , see you all there Bill D.

BIGKAT_83
Ready to go. See you guys in a couple of weeks.
Click to view attachment
Garland
All set!
Click to view attachment
Here's my starting point.

Click to view attachment
See you soon
Click to view attachment
Vysoc
Garland,

Awesome looking beast, cannot wait to see it in person!!!

Vysoc flag.gif first.gif drooley.gif pray.gif
Mblizzard
Drove it on the road for the first time in months! A few more tweaks and it should be road worthy. Then all i have to do is get it clean!
JawjaPorsche
I live about 25 miles from this year's Okteenerfest. Drove the teener in the area this morning on a fall like day. Can't wait to see all the teeners in North Georgia!
DRPHIL914
A storm is coming! and its headed this way- that is Florida, Georgia and South Carolina -

Wondering if the event is in jepordy? Maybe to early to tell but many models on Irma show it coming right up SC and Georgia- keeping in mind its over 400 miles wide at this point, would cover the whole state of SC George and is wide as Florida is long!
Time will tell I know - a few more days will make it more clear where and when it turns, right now our military here is planning for a evac this weekend, most are saying go west - way west.

Thoughts??

Phil
poorsche914
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 6 2017, 07:43 AM) *
A storm is coming! and its headed this way- that is Florida, Georgia and South Carolina -

Wondering if the event is in jepordy? ...

Thoughts??

Phil

The forecast changes multiple times each day dry.gif
Yesterday, there was 40% chance of rain in Helen during the event. Today, the forecast is sunny with 20% chance of rain.

Let's hope the trend continues and we don't get soaked smile.gif

driving.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 6 2017, 06:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 6 2017, 07:43 AM) *

Wondering if the event is in jepordy? ...

Thoughts??

Phil

The forecast changes multiple times each day dry.gif
Yesterday, there was 40% chance of rain in Helen during the event. Today, the forecast is sunny with 20% chance of rain.

Let's hope the trend continues and we don't get soaked smile.gif

driving.gif

Watching carefully what ATL says about flights in on Monday... maybe good thing I bought the flight cancellation insurance. Second time ever! If we're shut out on Monday, I'm sure the RRC will take me in!
Cracker
STOP with the potential hysteria talk - I am a contractor and deal with the weather nearly every day - never have I seen an accurate forecast 8-days in advance. With that said, if they are correct, it will be perfect. I am currently only 15-miles from Helen and here is the view from my desk. The current forecast for Okteenerfest is: PERFECT!

Mike - Go to RRC but you'd be fool to do so with the anticipated weather... dry.gif

Tony

THURSDAY SEP 14 Mostly Sunny 80°58°
FRIDAY SEP 15 Sunny 81°58°
SATURDAY SEP 16 Sunny 81°58°
SUNDAY SEP 17 Sunny 82°59°

Click to view attachment
mgp4591
I wouldn't be the one calling the shots - I originally planned this to see my girls and Octeenerfest was icing on the cake! I'm not backing out by any means, just saying that if Hartsfield-Jackson has issues, I won't have any choice. The roads back there are familiar and enticing... can't wait to get on them! driving.gif Well, riding shotgun on them... biggrin.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 6 2017, 11:31 AM) *

STOP with the potential hysteria talk - I am a contractor and deal with the weather nearly every day - never have I seen an accurate forecast 8-days in advance. With that said, if they are correct, it will be perfect. I am currently only 15-miles from Helen and here is the view from my desk. The current forecast for Okteenerfest is: PERFECT!

Mike - Go to RRC but you'd be fool to do so with the anticipated weather... dry.gif

Tony

THURSDAY SEP 14 Mostly Sunny 80°58°
FRIDAY SEP 15 Sunny 81°58°
SATURDAY SEP 16 Sunny 81°58°
SUNDAY SEP 17 Sunny 82°59°

Click to view attachment

what he is telling you is NOT hysteria it is the reality of the evacuation from florida and other coastal areas -this will effect Atlanta and flights in and out- yes it will take a few days for us to know exact location of landfall and its extent and strength at that time which for us will be early next week- there are those in texas in Houston that said the same thing as you just said and you see what happened there! Don't be a fool and assume that just because you have a clear sky today that it will be clear a week from now - I am sitting here talking with military meteorologists looking at all the possibilities. We are in a coastal area and will most likely be leaving- a bit earlier than planned, looking at cabins in the area around Helen in hopes that its outer bands don't reach that far out - but it is the size of TEXAS! time will tell - no panic no hysyeria, just planning. ......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.