Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
IronHillRestorations
I'll have some extra Umbrella Covers for sale biggrin.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Sep 6 2017, 10:53 AM) *

I'll have some extra Umbrella Covers for sale biggrin.gif

Spoken like a true capitalist! stirthepot.gif happy11.gif
naro914
As Tony said, we are a long way off and a LOT can happen in the next week +, especially with a hurricane. Absolutely...if you live in Florida you're going to be impacted. But NW Georgia shouldn't get much IMO...
As of RIGHT NOW, this is the weather forecast from the Weather Channel:

Click to view attachment

when hurricanes make landfall, they usually weaken and speed up. So sure, the area might get rain on Monday/Tuesday, but unless it turns left, it's unlikely we'll get anything really bad.
Latest "Models" show it going way more east.

Click to view attachment

So, to guarantee it won't rain, I won't wash my car. smile.gif
naro914
IPB Image

So on a personal note... my company NaroEscape Motorsports is also a sponsor for this years Okteenerfest.

For one...we have 'sponsored' the Fun trophies for all of these events, since they are made up of broken parts from OUR cars - hence paid for by us/NaroEscape Motorsports... headbang.gif

But more importantly, we are offering a 10% off coupon on all orders over $150 to all attendees that buy ANYTHING on the website or stuff we carry that isn't there (just ask, I am still working on getting more products up every day).

Go to: www.naroescapemotorsports.com

Basically it's race/track safety stuff and some general products like brake pads/fluids and such.

If you're going and would like to buy some things in advance and have me deliver them to the event, PM me for the coupon code (this is exclusive to attendees!!)

ALSO...for all you small businesses that make 914 specific (or other model) products that would like to consider having us be a dealer for your products, contact me and we can talk. I'd love to expand our product offering to cover a lot of the 914 world of products!!
mepstein
QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 6 2017, 01:38 PM) *

IPB Image

So on a personal note... my company NaroEscape Motorsports is also a sponsor for this years Okteenerfest.

For one...we have 'sponsored' the Fun trophies for all of these events, since they are made up of broken parts from OUR cars - hence paid for by us/NaroEscape Motorsports... headbang.gif

But more importantly, we are offering a 10% off coupon on all orders over $150 to all attendees that buy ANYTHING on the website or stuff we carry that isn't there (just ask, I am still working on getting more products up every day).

Go to: www.naroescapemotorsports.com

Basically it's race/track safety stuff and some general products like brake pads/fluids and such.

If you're going and would like to buy some things in advance and have me deliver them to the event, PM me for the coupon code (this is exclusive to attendees!!)

ALSO...for all you small businesses that make 914 specific (or other model) products that would like to consider having us be a dealer for your products, contact me and we can talk. I'd love to expand our product offering to cover a lot of the 914 world of products!!

Bob makes a killer engine mount for 6 conversions. I have 2.

DRPHIL914
you have to completely ignore that 10 day forecast for Helen, that weather forecast it does not consider the hurricane path and the weather it will bring if it follows a path that comes up SC/GA line. I hope bob is right and it gets pushed east and off that track, if it does then yes it will be perfect there! lets all hope and pray for that - right now our area of SC is smack dab in the middle of the forecasted tracts and we have to prepare for evacuation for our whole family this weekend, and Atlanta is pretty much booked up by now, which means either Tennessee or Alabama for us- too bad we aren't back in Townsend again! Oh well either way I have to figure out how to evac the family and get the Teener out with us at the same time- if we get CAT3 here it will all be under water- so, might be there and might not.
ClayPerrine
Betty and I discussed this.

We will be leaving on Wednesday and heading east on I20. For us this is a must attend event.

If they close the roads headed into the Atlanta region, then we will reasses our trip. Otherwise we are looking forward to being there.

Oh.. and Bob....

You can't schedule Okteenerfest within a week of Rennsport or Parade. We want to go to all three next year.
rpg5553
Greetings
Trailer parking:
Saw where we are in need of trailer parking in Helen.
We have a place in Helen so been checking around.
Found on chattahoochee st. a parking lot that will take trailers. His only concern is they could possibly be blocked in.
This is next street over from Helendorf.
(Gravel parking lot)
Also looking at another spot
In Helen to see if available

Back Way into Helen:
An alternate route into Helen the back way is
route 129 out of
Cleveland to alt 75 turn
Right go to Ridge Road
Follow it down two stop
Signs make a left will put you in downtown Helen.

Speed Bumps:
Watch out for the speed bumps some are huge got
My Healey muffler on one.

Also watch out for the Bears.
Yes they do roam around looking for food.

Ronnie G

Sent from my iPhone
naro914
QUOTE(rpg5553 @ Sep 6 2017, 02:49 PM) *

Greetings
Trailer parking:
Found on chattahoochee st. a parking lot that will take trailers. His only concern is they could possibly be blocked in.
(Gravel parking lot)

Back Way into Helen:
route 129 out of
Cleveland to alt 75 turn
Right go to Ridge Road
Follow it down two stop

Speed Bumps:

Ronnie G

Sent from my iPhone

Hey Ronnie
thanks for the info. We have already secured specific parking for trailers and I've contacted everyone that said they were trailering. We have two choices: one in town and at Jake Raby's place about 25 min away. I am awaiting on directions/info on Jake's place, but in town should work for most if need be.

FYI, it's over on the corner of Dye and Unicoi. I've talked with the owner and set it all up with him.

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
Bob,
put me in that group with trailer
I'm coming if weather permits
we are haing to evacuate so i have to either trailer the 914 or leave it behind
phil

QUOTE(naro914 @ Sep 6 2017, 03:08 PM) *

QUOTE(rpg5553 @ Sep 6 2017, 02:49 PM) *

Greetings
Trailer parking:
(Gravel parking lot)

Back Way into Helen:
route 129 out of
Cleveland to alt 75 turn
Right go to Ridge Road
Follow it down two stop

Speed Bumps:

Ronnie G

Sent from my iPhone

Hey Ronnie
thanks for the info. We have already secured specific parking for trailers and I've contacted everyone that said they were trailering. We have two choices: one in town and at Jake Raby's place about 25 min away. I am awaiting on directions/info on Jake's place, but in town should work for most if need be.

FYI, it's over on the corner of Dye and Unicoi. I've talked with the owner and set it all up with him.

Click to view attachment

mepstein
I have to drive a car down to Charlotte to replace a car for my son. He got hit on his way to college. So if it's rainy, I might just drive his new (used) car down to Octeenerfest and then drop off to him on the way back. It's not a 914 but I'm not going to miss this event. driving.gif
Vysoc
Dr. Phil,

PM Sent!

Vysoc flag.gif
Cracker
Phil: I am referring to its affect on teenerfest; you keep referencing evacuations, etc."...I see the two as apples to oranges. I hope you and everyone else directly affected are able to find safety. Cheers.

T

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 6 2017, 11:50 AM) *

"...what he is telling you is NOT hysteria it is the reality of the evacuation from florida" and "... time will tell - no panic no hysyeria, just planning."
ClayPerrine
I just looked at Irma's predicted path. The most likely path will have it just on the coast in South Carolina on Tuesday at 2am, and be down to a Category 1. It looks like only the outer bands of the storm will pass over Helen Georgia. I figure that Irma will be well up the coast by Thursday.

You guys coming down from the northeast, you may need to plan an alternate route farther inland to avoid her.

IPB Image
stevend914
driving.gif I'm leaving Saint Louis on Wed. afternoon and spending the night in Lexington, KY. Plan on leaving Lexington around 7:30 Thursday morning. driving.gif
Cracker
Safe travels Steven...you're a CRAZY man!!! Looking forward to seeing you again...

Tony

QUOTE(stevend914 @ Sep 7 2017, 11:49 AM) *

driving.gif I'm leaving Saint Louis on Wed. afternoon and spending the night in Lexington, KY. Plan on leaving Lexington around 7:30 Thursday morning. driving.gif

stevend914
QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 7 2017, 11:25 AM) *

Safe travels Steven...you're a CRAZY man!!! Looking forward to seeing you again...

Tony

Thanks Tony, looking forward to this trip. Second to last of this year.
ClayPerrine

Tony

Steven has 9 hours of driving and 563 miles.

Betty and I are leaving home in Hurst, Texas Wednesday morning, and arriving Thursday afternoon in Helen, GA.

That is 13 hours and 893 miles. driving-girl.gif driving.gif Hopefully sneaking in behind Irma.

This will be our forth (or fifth if you include MUSR11) to the Carolina/Tennesee/Georgia area for a 914 event. We did one year in two separate 914s.

Does that make us even more insane?

stevend914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 7 2017, 11:56 AM) *

Tony

Betty and I are leaving home in Hurst, Texas Wednesday morning, and arriving Thursday afternoon in Helen, GA.

That is 13 hours and 893 miles. driving-girl.gif driving.gif Hopefully sneaking in behind Irma.

This will be our forth (or fifth if you include MUSR11) to the Carolina/Tennesee/Georgia area for a 914 event. We did one year in two separate 914s.

Probably not, I drove over 1800 miles to WCR in Mammoth Lakes, CA
mgp4591
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 6 2017, 12:44 PM) *

Betty and I discussed this.

We will be leaving on Wednesday and heading east on I20. For us this is a must attend event.

If they close the roads headed into the Atlanta region, then we will reasses our trip. Otherwise we are looking forward to being there.

Oh.. and Bob....

You can't schedule Okteenerfest within a week of Rennsport or Parade. We want to go to all three next year.

Or RRC.... shades.gif lol-2.gif
naro914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 6 2017, 02:44 PM) *

Oh.. and Bob....

LOL..
We will be at Rennsport Reunion too - possibly taking two weeks - so it won't be the weekend before or after.

When is Parade?

Problem is...due to our size and needs, our locations are becoming VERY limited and we have to go when they have room for us. I hate that we are on top of RRC but it was the only weekend the hotel had.

Nadine and I have 6 straight car/PCA/racing focused weekends planned starting this coming weekend....

Next year is certainly going to be tricky....
mgp4591
I was just giving you grief Bob! Like I was telling Tony, I had this trip planned to see my kids and having this around the same time made my plans a slam dunk for Octeenerfest. I probably won't be coming back out next year and will stay for RRC but I wasn't foreseeing this years to be so close to my kids - we go to Helen to float the river once a year so it was a sweet surprise. The size and effort it takes to put this on is tremendous and much appreciated - last year was my first and I had a great time! Looking forward to this one too while closely watching the weather but we're packed and ready to go! Now to get through these next 4 days (nights) of work...
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Sep 7 2017, 12:01 PM) *

Tony

We have been traveling long distances in a 914 for over 20 years....

We have done ABQ (I am not able to spell that city name) for the one and only Atomic Ramble, Salt Lake City for Parade, Vonore TN (MUSR 11), Banner Elk, NC, and Townsend TN (That one had both 914s) for Okteenerfest , Huntsville, AL for MUSR 10, and various MUSR events all over Oklahoma and Arkansas.

WCR is on our list too. And I am trying to talk Betty into driving to Rennsport, Parade and Okteenerfest next year. Parade and Okteenerfest will be in both cars.

Cracker
Clay: If it is that important to you to be the "craziest"...you got it! Its to late to make an award for such an honor this year - maybe next! I drove over 10,800 miles (one trip) on my Summer trip a few months ago - maybe I'll come in the top-10? And that was in a rickety truck... biggrin.gif

Now I see why you're building a 4.0 liter engine... poke.gif

Tony

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 7 2017, 01:42 PM) *

Tony

We have done ABQ (I am not able to spell that city name) for the one and only Atomic Ramble, Salt Lake City for Parade, Vonore TN (MUSR 11), Banner Elk, NC, and Townsend TN (That one had both 914s) for Okteenerfest , Huntsville, AL for MUSR 10, and various MUSR events all over Oklahoma and Arkansas.

WCR is on our list too. And I am trying to talk Betty into driving to Rennsport, Parade and Okteenerfest next year. Parade and Okteenerfest will be in both cars.
mepstein
QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 7 2017, 02:00 PM) *

Clay: If it is that important to you to be the "craziest"...you got it! Its to late to make an award for such an honor this year - maybe next! I drove over 10,800 miles (one trip) on my Summer trip a few months ago - maybe I'll come in the top-10? And that was in a rickety truck... biggrin.gif

Tony

Tony

My wife can barely stand me for the that many miles sitting next to me in a plane.
ClayPerrine
It is all in fun... after all, we are all crazy for wanting to drive obsolete, rusty old sports cars.
screwy.gif

QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 7 2017, 01:00 PM) *

Tony

Tony

bandjoey
WISH I WERE GOING! It's back to college week and my daughters 20th birthday. Praying the Hurricane dot not come inland.
poorsche914
Official Okteenerfest shirt...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
Vysoc
Nice shirt, I like the color and the little pretzel!!

Vysoc flag.gif
Mblizzard
Its getting close.

Sierra Madre certainly knows how to make an event memorable!Click to view attachment
poorsche914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 7 2017, 09:38 PM) *
Sierra Madre certainly knows how to make an event memorable!

Now THAT is cool. In years past they have supplied mugs with a 914 image. But to personalize them to the event... very nice! piratenanner.gif

driving.gif
nditiz1
Are those shirts for sale OR is anyone canceling last minute lol
poorsche914
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Sep 7 2017, 10:23 PM) *
Are those shirts for sale OR is anyone canceling last minute lol

I had only a few extras printed. If any are left, I will post here.
Or... may print up a second run if enough interest. confused24.gif

driving.gif
billh1963
Irma's latest projection

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
Good thing 914rubber will be there with plenty of product happy11.gif

driving.gif
Steve Snyder
Irma is going to wash the roads for us a few days before we get there. Excellent timing! driving.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Sep 7 2017, 08:10 PM) *

Vysoc flag.gif

Very cool shirt, and it's orange....
I thought Bob said, "no Drinking and Driving"? That little German man is doing it!
poorsche914
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Sep 8 2017, 09:04 AM) *
I thought Bob said, "no Drinking and Driving"? That little German man is doing it!

He is obviously parked beerchug.gif
naro914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 8 2017, 10:49 AM) *

QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Sep 8 2017, 09:04 AM) *

He is obviously parked beerchug.gif

I hope he's parked!!
One hand on a beer, the other on a pretzel sunglasses.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Sep 8 2017, 08:04 AM) *

QUOTE(Vysoc @ Sep 7 2017, 08:10 PM) *

Vysoc flag.gif

1 question.... 1. Will your little Helen girl be available for autographs?

I used google to translate your german.... I got it now.

poorsche914
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Sep 8 2017, 11:32 AM) *
1 question.... 1. Will your little Helen girl be available for autographs?

Only if you can find her. She is a bit shy happy11.gif

driving.gif
Cracker
As good fortune prevails...Phillip does not have to evacuate after all and we still will have great weather in Georgia! A true win/win...everyone travel safely!
DRPHIL914
tony, we didnt evacuate, however we are not out of the woods yet, still a chance of some bad weather here monday and mostly storm surge- they dont call it the Low Country for nothin'!!
I had the car on a trailer ready take it west, when it shifted again more west we decided to stay home- my home is higher than most here, at 25' at the lower garage and man cave level - other 2 level above well out of reach of flooding, - as of now only a 6'-10' storm surge leaves us nonlonger in fear of flooding but i am higher than 90% of our area- many are still in areas that could see some flooding- nothing like Texas for sure.
Car is back in the garage and im able to get back at getting ready for the trip to Helen!

hope to see you all next week!

Mblizzard
I am hoping everyone makes it safely. Especially since Martin Schneider
MSDS Inc.
Sent this jewel for someone to take home!

Click to view attachment
mgp4591
QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 9 2017, 05:37 PM) *

As good fortune prevails...Phillip does not have to evacuate after all and we still will have great weather in Georgia! A true win/win...everyone travel safely!

It looks like the roads are gonna get a good washing beforehand and the airline says they're flying so win/win there too! I rented an SUV just in case though... shades.gif
db9146
Folks,

Turns out I'm not going to be able to make it for the whole weekend event but will probably just drive up for the events on Saturday.

I have a double room at the hotel if anyone is interested. You can call me at (678)429-3864.

Dee
JawjaPorsche
The weather forecast up here looks awesome for the upcoming weekend! Getting excited! beerchug.gif
billh1963
I'm probably out...this is my house with 2 more hours of incoming tide remaining.

I'll probably be cleaning up and repairing

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 11 2017, 11:46 AM) *

I'm probably out...this is my house with 2 more hours of incoming tide remaining.

I'll probably be cleaning up and repairing

Click to view attachment

wow, stay safe and hope ground floor of your house didn't really have your expensive items (especially your 914) and hope coming rains will not increase more water flooding in your area. Take care!
billh1963

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCyry7Ydwyc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.