Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2017 - Sept. 14-17
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
stevend914
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 14 2017, 02:07 PM) *

We won't have any power... So, a picnic it is for lunch tomorrow!
Road is still closed, we'lljust pretend we didn't see the signs..

We've killed it the last couple days cleaning up the property...
it took most of one day just to clear you guys a place to park..

See y'all tomorrow!

Thanks for providing bbq lunch and also for diagnosing/fixing my vacuum problem.
malcolm2
Click to view attachment
Porschef
Great shot, Clark. aktion035.gif
mepstein
Jake was an awesome host today. Impressive shop and super nice employees.
Thank you Jake!
Larmo63
I'm jealous.......... mad.gif
DRPHIL914
lots of cool cars
DRPHIL914
oh RATS!
DRPHIL914
some cool stuff
DRPHIL914
thanks jake!!
DRPHIL914
LOTS of 914's!
Cracker
Leaving Helen for the wanderabout adventure...
Click to view attachment

However funny today...this would be best described as a CLUSTER_ _ _ _!
Click to view attachment

There was one-stall, for alll involved...oh boy (and girl), that line was long!
Click to view attachment

Neither the roads or scenery in Georgia disappointed...
Click to view attachment

...a trooper on these twisty roads too!
Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
Awesome number of 914s at Jakes place!

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
QUOTE(Cracker @ Sep 15 2017, 07:35 PM) *

However funny today...this would be best described as a CLUSTER_ _ _ _!
Click to view attachment

There was one-stall, for alll involved...oh boy (and girl), that line was long!
Click to view attachment

Neither the roads or scenery in Georgia disappointed...
Click to view attachment

...a trooper on these twisty roads too!
Click to view attachment

That doesnt look like a Dodge!
malcolm2
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Bills914-4
Wow, I'm jealous & sad that i'm not there enjoying it with all of you , well at least I
get a couple of shirts from it biggrin.gif , I will definitely be there next year , hurricane or no hurricane ,
keep enjoying yourselves piratenanner.gif , cheers Bill & Luz D.
JawjaPorsche
Teener Show at Okteenerfest in Helen today. Awesome day to show off our passion.
Mblizzard
Awesome display of 914s.

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
Awesome display of 914s.

Click to view attachment
JawjaPorsche
biggrin.gif
JawjaPorsche
Red one is mine! Original Owner!
Mblizzard
HOME! piratenanner.gif

Thanks to everyone for coming. What an amazing weekend and group of people.

Rest a bit and then start adding some photos.
poorsche914
agree.gif Thank you to all those who attended. Best weekend ever!

Ali and I arrived home just before 2:00. Ended our 914 weekend with a drive down the Dragon and across the Foothills Parkway driving.gif

Photos showing all 914s in the car show can be found starting at post #37 in the Photo Thread.

driving.gif
stevend914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 17 2017, 03:49 PM) *

agree.gif Thank you to all those who attended. Best weekend ever!

Ali and I arrived home just before 2:00. Ended our 914 weekend with a drive down the Dragon and across the Foothills Parkway driving.gif

Photos showing all 914s in the car show can be found starting at post #37 in the Photo Thread.

driving.gif

Arrived Bryson City just after 2pm. Plan to drive the Dragon tomorrow.
poorsche914
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Sep 17 2017, 07:13 PM) *
Arrived Bryson City just after 2pm. Plan to drive the Dragon tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I got behind a Volvo SUV from Ohio sad.gif
20-25mph the entire way. I even pulled off a couple times and waited but would catch up in just a couple corners. dry.gif

driving.gif
BillC
Finally home. aktion035.gif

With detours and re-routing, took 11 hours on the road to get home. driving.gif The old car held up amazingly well. Glad I packed the earplugs....
Wdunster
Well our luck wasn't as good going home. driving.gif I never heard any noise or vibration but I had a left front wheel bearing totally fail. Probably ruined the spindle. headbang.gif Driving along and heard a bang and felt it in the wheel. Then drove like crap. Fortunately for Ali and I bob was within an hour of us and he sent Nadine on in Huey and he came to the rescue with the trailer.
Home safe and sound. Thanks Bob!!!!
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Wdunster @ Sep 17 2017, 04:19 PM) *

Well our luck wasn't as good going home. driving.gif I never heard any noise or vibration but I had a left front wheel bearing totally fail. Probably ruined the spindle. headbang.gif Driving along and heard a bang and felt it in the wheel. Then drove like crap. Fortunately for Ali and I bob was within an hour of us and he sent Nadine on in Huey and he came to the rescue with the trailer.
Home safe and sound. Thanks Bob!!!!

Bob rocks! One other thing beside the spare exhaust stud that keep in the bag of tricks. Wheel bearings! Wish I had been with you guys. Enjoyed watching you work and you inspire me to do more for others. Love you Bill and Ali.
ClayPerrine
Betty and I are in Vicksburg MS. for the night. The car is running great. Gonna get some sleep then finish the drive home tomorrow.

We will post pictures when we get home.

Betty wants to know if registration is open for next year... smilie_pokal.gif
914four
Thank you to Bob, Nadine, Steve, Mike and everyone who made this event such a great success. Special thanks to Jake Raby for the starter and Clay and Betty for keeping me on the road once again this year.

Kelvin

Click to view attachment
Jake Raby
Guys,
It was really nice to meet all of you. I was shocked by the number of people who pulled me aside to thank me for my contributions here, and elsewhere.

It was a great group, and everyone respected my property, and facility. Maybe next time we can have power, and can show you more of what we do around here.
993inNC
1056 miles round trip and "Summer" treated me well as always. 28 mpg with dual 40's at 80 mph, can't beat it! Nice seeing old friends and meeting new!
Let's do it again next year smile.gif
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 18 2017, 12:26 AM) *

Guys,
It was really nice to meet all of you. I was shocked by the number of people who pulled me aside to thank me for my contributions here, and elsewhere.

It was a great group, and everyone respected my property, and facility. Maybe next time we can have power, and can show you more of what we do around here.

Jake, it was extremely nice meeting you yesterday since we are kinda like neighbors! Thank you for your hospitality and especially your dedication to keeping our Porsches running!

Terry
JoeD
Really enjoyed the weekend; so many awesome people and great cars. Can't wait until next year!

My favorite photo from the weekend... my oldest boy and youngest boy, both admiring a beautiful Creamsicle...

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
QUOTE(JoeD @ Sep 18 2017, 08:32 AM) *
My favorite photo from the weekend... my oldest boy and youngest boy, both admiring a beautiful Creamsicle...

agree.gif That is a great photo!

driving.gif
malcolm2
Once again, a great event

I am sure there are other worthy contributors behind the curtains. confused24.gif

These folks will have to thank them for me... piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Thank you to Bob, Nadine, Steve, Mike, Jake Raby & Co, plus all the other vendor donations. Everyone made this event such a great success.

Clark

BillC
Here is some hand-held footage of the afternoon drive:

https://vimeo.com/234405562

Both runs, morning and afternoon, were a lot of fun. Roads that rival or beat the tail of the dragon, and with less traffic, too. Could have done without the housefire, though....

P.S. Does anyone know how to directly embed a Vimeo video on this forum?
BillC
Since the live uploader doesn't seem to be working anymore, I'll post some pics here.

On the road to Helen driving-girl.gif :
Click to view attachment

Downtown Helen, GA:
Click to view attachment

One of the local residents:
Click to view attachment

View of the hotel from the bridge over the Chattahoochee River:
Click to view attachment

A pic from the morning drive on Friday driving.gif :
Click to view attachment

The gathering at Jake Raby's shop:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

The car show on Saturday:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Packing up to go home sad.gif :
Click to view attachment

Many thanks to everyone involved in setting up this event and making it work. first.gif My wife and I had a great time, and we're looking forward to next year. beerchug.gif

Jake Raby
QUOTE(BillC @ Sep 18 2017, 02:30 PM) *

Both runs, morning and afternoon, were a lot of fun. Roads that rival or beat the tail of the dragon, and with less traffic, too. Could have done without the housefire, though....

Better than the Dragon. Hands down.
No idiots, just as twisty, and more fun,

I drive those same roads 12-15K per year testing customer's engines before they ship. That main 52 mile loop is my preference. Nothing like it early in the morning before all the damn tourists wake up and ruin it!
mgp4591
I had a great time for the limited amount I was involved - BIG THANKS to Tommy for the passenger seat! I hear you won an award for a great car well done - congratulations! My kids had fun seeing the cars on the green on Saturday before we left to spend more family time. The roads were great even with the evidence left from the hurricane everywhere and Jakes hospitality was perfect for lunch and a break in the days driving. More BIG THANKS to Bob and the organizing folks behind the event, working hard to make it all look so easy! For whomever won the Maddog front sway bar reinforcements - put them to good use! They were on my list but I wasn't at the banquet to see who won...
I doubt if I'll make it for next year but these last 2 have been a great experience! Hope everyone made it home safe and for anyone thinking about attending next year, you won't be disappointed. Thanks again for a great time! smilie_pokal.gif
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(BillC @ Sep 18 2017, 06:30 PM) *

I found out the house fire was one of my church member's home. He lost power because of Irma and was running a generator which was the source of the fire. Total loss. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
JoeD
Was great to finally meet Tony (Cracker). His LS-powered 914 is an absolute BEAST. He took me for a ride and it was just crazy. The car just works. We were behind him and his daughter for a while (a very little while!) on Friday's drive, and had a blast trying to keep up.

Click to view attachment
siverson
This looks like a really great event. I need to try to make it out for it sometime...

-Steve
t collins
Just a peak of what's under Cracker's bonnet ..... pray.gif

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(siverson @ Sep 19 2017, 07:26 AM) *

This looks like a really great event. I need to try to make it out for it sometime...

-Steve

Steve, you just need to hit the SoCal one first, if Oscar does a repeat! It was a great event too, if a shorter time.

I need to make the whole thing myself, but already had other commitments last Saturday.

However, I agree that this Okteenerfest is a great one too, & hope to make it to one if we're back there at the right timing (daughter/family have lived in NC/VA/TN since 2011, so not impossible if timed right).

I really enjoyed seeing these pix of all the 914s cruising about the southern end of my ancestral homeland!

Excellent job by the organizers, sponsors & participants! first.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
QUOTE(t collins @ Sep 19 2017, 08:55 AM) *

Just a peak of what's under Cracker's bonnet ..... pray.gif

Click to view attachment

Tony, that's just friggin' NUTZ!! happy11.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914Next
QUOTE(JoeD @ Sep 19 2017, 09:00 AM) *

Was great to finally meet Tony (Cracker). His LS-powered 914 is an absolute BEAST. He took me for a ride and it was just crazy. The car just works. We were behind him and his daughter for a while (a very little while!) on Friday's drive, and had a blast trying to keep up.

Click to view attachment

Agree Joe. Somehow I was not offered a ride but not holding that against Tony. Loved seeing the car just the same. Beautiful build! Was great meeting you and your daughter Tony.

Joe, really nice to finally meet you and your family also. All in all a great weekend. Sara and I will definitely do again. This is a "not to be missed" event.
Mblizzard
Clearly I have a bias for this event. Not selling any other event short but this event has grown and become something that I just never could have never even remotely thought possible. I really hope that as we move forward we can work with other events to continue to support the 914.

I want to do the WCR and go to Hershey someday.
t collins
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 19 2017, 01:22 AM) *

I had a great time for the limited amount I was involved - BIG THANKS to Tommy for the passenger seat! I hear you won an award for a great car well done - congratulations! My kids had fun seeing the cars on the green on Saturday before we left to spend more family time. The roads were great even with the evidence left from the hurricane everywhere and Jakes hospitality was perfect for lunch and a break in the days driving. More BIG THANKS to Bob and the organizing folks behind the event, working hard to make it all look so easy! For whomever won the Maddog front sway bar reinforcements - put them to good use! They were on my list but I wasn't at the banquet to see who won...
I doubt if I'll make it for next year but these last 2 have been a great experience! Hope everyone made it home safe and for anyone thinking about attending next year, you won't be disappointed. Thanks again for a great time! smilie_pokal.gif

Glad you enjoyed the ride and no thanks necessary, just get your suby project on the road and you can return the favor the next Okteenerfest shades.gif

PCamp
Great job Bob, Nadine and all those involved organizing and staffing the event! My buddy Dave and I really enjoyed Okteenerfest 2017 even though we had to bring an Audi TT as Dave's 914-6 build was not ready.

It was a special treat for me to see JoeD's 914 as I owned and just about lived in this car from the early 80's until 2001 when I reluctantly sold it. So many cross country trips, autocross events, track days and just good times... I really miss it. So nice to see it end up in Joe, Nathan and family's care, it has a good home.

I met so many great people, appreciated so many nice 914s, scored a ride in Cracker Tony's wild 914-8 and yea enjoyed a schnitzel accompanied by some accordion music. Great to see Raby's place and eat some Georgia que too.

I plan to attend in 18, wouldn't miss it, 914 or no.

Pedro
Cracker
Steve,

It was a pleasure meeting you and Sara as well! Regarding the ride...no offense or snub intended! I only took a couple of gentleman out (Epstein took too long to respond and Pedro got his ride).

There has been some discussion regarding a semi-annual "Atlanta area" gathering or event for local folk...hopefully that will come to fruition. Lets provide each other with rides in our cars at that time...it would be quite the experience to witness first hand what an original and 100% stock car feels like.

Tony

QUOTE(914Next @ Sep 19 2017, 06:33 PM) *

QUOTE(JoeD @ Sep 19 2017, 09:00 AM) *

Agree Joe. Somehow I was not offered a ride but not holding that against Tony. Loved seeing the car just the same. Beautiful build! Was great meeting you and your daughter Tony.

Joe, really nice to finally meet you and your family also. All in all a great weekend. Sara and I will definitely do again. This is a "not to be missed" event.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.