Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2017 - Sept. 14-17
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Betty
Registered aktion035.gif

Check's in the mail smilie_pokal.gif

Hotel reserved beerchug.gif

Google Maps says 894 miles (barring side trips to see the 'World's Largest Ball Of String', etc.). driving-girl.gif driving.gif

Can't wait! w00t.gif cheer.gif
mgp4591
Registered and the check's in the mail. I tried to reserve for Thursday night only but there's a 3 day minimum so I'll be staying with family and drive back and forth. This is gonna be a good trip! biggrin.gif
JoeD
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Apr 30 2017, 01:40 PM) *

Registered and the check's in the mail. I tried to reserve for Thursday night only but there's a 3 day minimum so I'll be staying with family and drive back and forth. This is gonna be a good trip! biggrin.gif

My son and I are heading up Thursday; my wife and other kids may come up Friday for the remainder of the weekend. If so, I may book a second room Thursday - Sunday but only need it Friday / Saturday. Will let you know if it works out and you could have the room Thursday.

Joe
Betty
The BIG question I have is..... since the stars have aligned and the various gods have smiled upon this event such as to allow it to begin on September 14th - our very own '914 Day' - what can we all do to make it just that teensy, tiny, little extra bit special?

I'll be the first (of I'm sure many) to enthusiastically cast a vote for Bob Saville to wear Lederhosen all weekend? cheer.gif aktion035.gif happy11.gif

I know, I know... I'm no great shakes as a Photoshop expert, but here is my re-creation of what that magnificent sight could be...

Click to view attachment

(I even used a font named 'Georgia' for the text in that image - Bob should be impressed with my thoroughness and attention to detail!)
Cracker
LOL! I SECOND that idea!!!

Tony

QUOTE(Betty @ May 4 2017, 01:35 PM) *

I'll be the first (of I'm sure many) to enthusiastically cast a vote for Bob Saville to wear Lederhosen all weekend? cheer.gif aktion035.gif happy11.gif

poorsche914
Click to view attachment
driving.gif
naro914
Hmmm...I thought there was a couple coming from Texas..I must have lost their registration. Pity...
Mblizzard
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 4 2017, 12:14 PM) *

Wow you cant un-see that!
DRPHIL914
beerchug.gif registered!
will get the hotel booked this weekend-
JawjaPorsche
Registered but no room. I only live 30 miles away!
bandjoey
Is this considered the largest gathering of World Teeners ?? Or which one is ?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Betty @ May 4 2017, 01:35 PM) *

The BIG question I have is..... since the stars have aligned and the various gods have smiled upon this event such as to allow it to begin on September 14th - our very own '914 Day' - what can we all do to make it just that teensy, tiny, little extra bit special?

I know, I know... I'm no great shakes as a Photoshop expert, but here is my re-creation of what that magnificent sight could be...

Click to view attachment

(I even used a font named 'Georgia' for the text in that image - Bob should be impressed with my thoroughness and attention to detail!)

Leave Clay at home and bring Jello shots instead.
poorsche914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 5 2017, 01:24 PM) *
Is this considered the largest gathering of World Teeners ?? Or which one is ?

We had something like 110 attendees last year but not all are active on 914world.

driving.gif
914Next
Room booked! Looking forward to it.
poorsche914
I have set up a Travel Planner for Okteenerfest attendees piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

The interactive map shows the general areas where attendees will be driving from. You can post in the comments section below the map to make plans to meet up and caravan with fellow attendees.

The map will be updated as new attendees are registered.

driving.gif
hot_shoe914
Registration sent, room reserved.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 24 2017, 09:34 AM) *

Shoe
beerchug.gif

Cool cant wait to see you! I will bring marshmallows for the fire! evilgrin.gif
naro914
av-943.gif av-943.gif
BENBRO02
Registration Sent, room reserved, 914 in the shop.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ May 24 2017, 01:20 PM) *

Shoe
beerchug.gif

I've not yet decided which one to burn, err, I mean bring yet.
Betty
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 25 2017, 12:34 AM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ May 24 2017, 01:20 PM) *

Shoe
beerchug.gif

I've not yet decided which one to burn, err, I mean bring yet.

idea.gif We probably have a few rusty 914 windshield wiper arms sitting around that might work great for marshmallow roasting forks?

it'll be good to see you again! cheer.gif
naro914
Click to view attachment
naro914
Happy 4th of July everyone!!

Just a reminder, we are less than a month away from the day that our block of rooms at the Helendorf will be released to,the general public and our preferred price is no longer available. Once that happens, it is unlikely you will get a room there as they have a waiting list of other people to fill the slots.

I know that's really early and many of you wait until the last minute to sign up, but I just wanted to give you a friendly heads up!!

DRPHIL914
just reserved my room today- might go up a day earlier - i dont think there are any patio rooms left either. i know i registered back in the beginning but i dont remember if i sent in my check
naro914
FYI, I just heard from the hotel - there are only a handful of room still left, so if you've been slack about registering, get registered and get your hotel room NOW!!
Mblizzard
I have been a bit lax on getting some of the sponsor details out. But over the next week I will be adding them.
JawjaPorsche
FYI: If you wait too long to reserve a room and they are all gone, there are hotels in Cleveland, Georgia. Only 9 miles away and much cheaper.
Wdunster
If you have never been to this event, you have to sign up!!!!!! You will not regret it. This is of course a biased opinion that is worth what you paid for it but this is by far the most fun you will have with ANY Porsche group!!!
If you have been before you know you should sign up!

Common Nancy, get off your duff and join us for okteenerfest even if you can't bring the 914!
driving.gif aktion035.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif driving-girl.gif
Wdunster
Really? Nothing? Any one there?
trojanhorsepower
One less room available smile.gif
Tom_T
If I'm back there on my travels at that time, then I'll try to stop by one day, but would probably not stay overnite there.

Our daughter & family are moving from Charlottesville VA to Jackson TN now, but my wife still has 2 brothers/family in the ATL area, & I have business all over. I just don't know what is up for October yet.

In any case - have fun! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
poorsche914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 8 2017, 02:05 PM) *
... I just don't know what is up for October yet...

Okteenerfest is 9/14 to 9/17 this year.

driving.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 8 2017, 11:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 8 2017, 02:05 PM) *
... I just don't know what is up for October yet...

Okteenerfest is 9/14 to 9/17 this year.

driving.gif

So it's really "Septeenerfest"!? confused24.gif biggrin.gif

OK, same deal for me with September travels, but maybe less likely that I'll be there mid-Sept.

At least it's not like the BMW-CCA trying to do their Octoberfest in New Orleans in stinky hot & sticky JULY!!?? WTF.gif

Members complained & they moved it to this October, since I think they had very little interest/reservations up to that point. I may be in LA at the time for a wedding & biz, so I may swing by there for at least one October fun day on an otherwise grueling multi-state/city trip.

beerchug.gif
Tom
////////
poorsche914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 8 2017, 02:36 PM) *

Actually being held during Helen's Oktoberfest celebrations beerchug.gif - which start in September and run til end of October smilie_flagge6.gif

driving.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 8 2017, 11:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 8 2017, 02:36 PM) *

Actually being held during Helen's Oktoberfest celebrations beerchug.gif - which start in September and run til end of October smilie_flagge6.gif

driving.gif

I was just poke.gif you. biggrin.gif

The Phoenix Club out here, where the big LA Porsche Swap Meet is held, also does a longer Sept-Oct celebration too.

I wish I could make one, cuz I enjoyed visiting with you after the one near Asheville back when the kids still lived there, but they sidetracked us to see the house that they were buying in Candler that day with the Realtor, so I missed hooking up for the drive/lunch stop. sad.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
naro914
Nadine and I are in Helen right now doing what Germans do... givemebeer.gif beer.gif

Decisions decisions...

Click to view attachment

Ran the routes today, met with the caterer and will work on the car show venue tomorrow. Then going tubing!!
Mblizzard
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 8 2017, 02:45 PM) *

Nadine and I are in Helen right now doing what Germans do... givemebeer.gif beer.gif

Decisions decisions...

Click to view attachment

Ran the routes today, met with the caterer and will work on the car show venue tomorrow. Then going tubing!!

Yum!
Cracker
Please don't pee in the river Bob...that just might be our drinking water! w00t.gif

T

PS: Thanks for your efforts!
naro914
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jul 8 2017, 07:13 PM) *

Please don't pee in the river Bob...that just might be our drinking water!

Lol
Tom_T
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jul 8 2017, 04:13 PM) *

Please don't pee in the river Bob...that just might be our drinking water! w00t.gif

T

PS: Thanks for your efforts!

It is!

So no "floating logs" either Bob! dry.gif

Also, watch yer butt if the water is low!

My wife & kids went tubing a few years back during one of the local droughts, & they bumped along the rocks all the way downstream! blink.gif

PS - That was many years back actually, when the kids were still in middle/grade school, & you never know what will "pop out" with young kids bumping butts on rocks, as my wife found out! dry.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mblizzard
First of the Prize Details!

We would like to thank Matt at Vintage Car LEDs for being a Okteenerfest Sponsor.

I purchased a set of the VC4000 lights for my car and they are a huge improvement in light output and safety. But Vintage Car LEDs has stepped it up a bit and they are providing a VC5000 light kit! Yep you will get it all. LED bulbs and new reflectors. I have done this swap and it is as easy as changing light bulbs and the change in lighting is beyond belief! Check out the details on the Vintage Car LEDs site. These work and lighten the load on our limited alternator output.

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
All you have to do is look at the MSDS web page and you know that you will like these guys!

Click to view attachment

Martin Schneider and MSDS have been in business since 1976 and have much love for the 914! They usually have a set of T4 headers on hand for shipping. Their T4 headers are made USA from cold roll 1.5" OD mandrel formed steel. These are a direct fit to T4 heads which means NO stub pipes (no loss of ground clearance).

They have several coatings are available but I am looking at the ceramic coating and these headers are good for up to 2.4L type 4 engines. Need something more exotic just give Martin a call.

In the interest of full disclosure, as soon as I get my FI conversion running I am pulling the trigger on buying a set of these for my 914. Hopefully that will be done for everyone to see by Okteenerfest.

MSDS is giving some lucky person a high flow air intake system for the 914! It does not take a hard look at the stock system to see that it could be easily improved. But the MSDS system is a direct swap that will add more flow and the get a few more HP out of your engine
Mblizzard
With the hot temperatures lately I think we all could use a bit more information regarding our engine. Scott Johnson and Scott Johnson have sent just the thing! A new cylinder head temperature sensor!

Click to view attachment

I am running this exact one and have been very happy with its responsiveness and accuracy. Also very readable in all but the brightest direct sunlight which is essential when the top is out. If you don't win this and look to purchase, make sure you get the lead for the 14mm spark plug.

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
Check out the bit of press we got from Stuttgart DNA

Lots of good info on this site as well.

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
Is has started!

Boxes are arriving containing loot for the event.

Maybe not a box but Dr. Evil has provided some lucky person a $500 discount on a transmission rebuild.

It is staggering just how much a transmission rebuild can change a car and the driving experience.

Click to view attachment
naro914
Things are slowly but surely coming together for the 2017 Edition of Okteenerfest!!

Here's a little "promo video" I put together from some of the video footage we took while scouting the driving route last weekend (oh, and doing some relaxing tubing down the river!!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO4LpUzroB4

Mblizzard
All Right! Better get ready for this one.

This might not be for everyone but if you are planning a build of a larger displacement engine (2.0 and up) or have one currently you might want to check out what Charles from the LN/Type IV Store is offering up.

Click to view attachment

Need a bit of extra cooling? How about a Type 4 Deluxe DTM Kit?

DTM = Down The Middle. Is not just adding more cooling it provides more stable average head temperatures across all 4 cylinders. This makes a huge difference in cooling, HP, and engine life.

This kit cones with everything from new clutch, pressure plate, oil cooler adaptor kit, and installation DVD. Will require some work to install but this beauty is valued at over $2K!
mepstein
Mike - you and the Octeenerfest crew do an amazing job with the prizes!
Mblizzard
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 17 2017, 09:30 AM) *

Mike - you and the Octeenerfest crew do an amazing job with the prizes!

We do nothing. Its these vendors that are amazing. Typically I recuse my self from some of the major prizes but there are some this year that are making me rethink my approach!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.