Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Umbrella Covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
IronHillRestorations
I've just found some new softer material for my 914 Umbrella Covers. Color selection is limited, and for now I'll only have three of each of the new fabrics; tan, light caramel, and I'm not 100% sure about the third color.

This material is very similar to the Haartz convertible top fabric. I will have it in hand in two weeks, and will have 3 covers of each fabric. I'll post pictures of the three different colors when I get it in.

The cost will be $10 more than the current heavy duty tarpaulin material.

I'll keep the "world" updated.
Tom_T
Hey Perry,

I don't know what your new material is like on the underside, but it would be best if the material has a flannel underside to protect the paint & brightwork from scratching, while the exterior still be waterproof from at least light weather.

Back in the day Covercraft or one of the cover makers used to sell an exterior grade all cotton or cotton/poly with flannel underside 914 custom/semi full cover, which IIRC was ScotchGarded for weatherproofing, but I don't know if they still offer that one, nor if the fabric is around. I still have the now torn one of mine.

I suppose if you found a cotton or cotton/poly flannel material, that you could Scotchgard the covers as a completed unit post-assembly/sewing on the outside.

This is not meant to sidetrack you, being what sounds like far along on this new fabric, but just as food for thought in the future.

And another suggestion for this run too, you might look at something to protect the hooks at the securing straps from scratching at the wheel wells too. Perhaps lining the inside surface of the hooks with some soft felt or flannel material would help, but that may necessitate using a slightly larger hook.

I know that after seeing someone in SoCal who had an original fabric umbrella cover of yours, the cover & hook scratching was a concern of mine on my 914 (post resto of course).

The Umbrella cover is a great idea, when you don't want to put on an entire cover BTW - Good on Ya'! smile.gif

Thanx for making these for the group & Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
eyecolor
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Apr 21 2017, 10:32 AM) *

I've just found some new softer material for my 914 Umbrella Covers. Color selection is limited, and for now I'll only have three of each of the new fabrics; tan, light caramel, and I'm not 100% sure about the third color.

This material is very similar to the Haartz convertible top fabric. I will have it in hand in two weeks, and will have 3 covers of each fabric. I'll post pictures of the three different colors when I get it in.

The cost will be $10 more than the current heavy duty tarpaulin material.

I'll keep the "world" updated.

Hi Perry

I'll take one in any color
Let me know how to pay
George O.
Wilmington,DE
IronHillRestorations
Hey George, I'm out of stock right now, but I'll check on fabric and get some in the works. Stay tuned... I'll follow up tomorrow or Thurs
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 21 2017, 11:58 AM) *

Hey Perry,

I don't know what your new material is like on the underside, but it would be best if the material has a flannel underside to protect the paint & brightwork from scratching, while the exterior still be waterproof from at least light weather.

Back in the day Covercraft or one of the cover makers used to sell an exterior grade all cotton or cotton/poly with flannel underside 914 custom/semi full cover, which IIRC was ScotchGarded for weatherproofing, but I don't know if they still offer that one, nor if the fabric is around. I still have the now torn one of mine.

I suppose if you found a cotton or cotton/poly flannel material, that you could Scotchgard the covers as a completed unit post-assembly/sewing on the outside.

This is not meant to sidetrack you, being what sounds like far along on this new fabric, but just as food for thought in the future.

And another suggestion for this run too, you might look at something to protect the hooks at the securing straps from scratching at the wheel wells too. Perhaps lining the inside surface of the hooks with some soft felt or flannel material would help, but that may necessitate using a slightly larger hook.

I know that after seeing someone in SoCal who had an original fabric umbrella cover of yours, the cover & hook scratching was a concern of mine on my 914 (post resto of course).

The Umbrella cover is a great idea, when you don't want to put on an entire cover BTW - Good on Ya'! smile.gif

Thanx for making these for the group & Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

And your 914 is where...........????????????????????????
steuspeed
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 21 2017, 10:58 AM) *

Hey Perry,

///////

The cords are long enough I hook them on the wheels.
orthobiz
Hooks and bungee are OK but it would be nice if the two front bungees were of a different color than the rear. Make it much quicker to put it on!

Paul
IronHillRestorations
Special Deal! I got a better deal on the saddle brown pinpoint material. This is the polyester coated with fabric backing.

Special price is $125 if you pre-pay with a check or $130 if using PayPal This price includes USPS to US addresses (international shipping is extra). This is $20 off the regular price if you pre-pay or $15 off for PP.

Mailing address is:
Iron Hill Restorations
715 Glenwood Trail
Parsons, TN 38363

PP email is:
perry.kiehl@hotmail.com

Quanity is limited. I have 8 in stock right now, and at least 6 more in the works.

Pictures coming soon!
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Oct 19 2018, 06:43 AM) *

Special Deal! I got a better deal on the saddle brown pinpoint material. This is the polyester coated with fabric backing.

Special price is $125 if you pre-pay with a check or $130 if using PayPal This price includes USPS to US addresses (international shipping is extra). This is $20 off the regular price if you pre-pay or $15 off for PP.

Mailing address is:
Iron Hill Restorations
715 Glenwood Trail
Parsons, TN 38363

PP email is:
perry.kiehl@hotmail.com

Quanity is limited. I have 8 in stock right now, and at least 6 more in the works.

Pictures coming soon!

Oscar

PayPal payment for TWO sent!!!
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 19 2018, 06:04 AM) *

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Oct 19 2018, 06:43 AM) *

Mailing address is:
Iron Hill Restorations
715 Glenwood Trail
Parsons, TN 38363

PP email is:
perry.kiehl@hotmail.com

Pictures coming soon!

Oscar

PayPal payment for TWO sent!!!

Thanks Oscar!

5 remaining
snakemain
PayPal sent! smile.gif

IronHillRestorations
Pictures of the saddle brown (tan) pinpoint. The $125 price is what I sold them for about 10 years ago!

Jul 27, 19 edit: Price is $140 I didn't get as good of deal on the next order of material
IronHillRestorations
Click to view attachment
orthobiz
Just got mine, thanks, Perry. It looks great. Now I have two (I needed a backup).

Paul
hencar
Perry

A week ago I sent you a PM for two of your umbrella's. If you have any left to sell pm me with how to pay and the total for two.

TIA

Henry
Beeliner
Thanks Perry,
I am very happy with the umbrella...

BeelinerClick to view attachment
eyecolor
Perry

I am interested in one.

Let me know colors available and how to pay

Thanks

George Ozer
Wilmington,DE 19809

respond to eyecolor@aol.com if possible
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.