Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: modified BISCHOFF or WALKER MUFFLER
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Alphaogre
Anyone on here ever modifies or use BISCHOFF or WALKER MUFFLER for a stock 2.0 or hopped motor? I come across them more often than not for 911's, and sometimes I get the fabricating bug to make my life more difficult and try to build something... biggrin.gif welder.gif

I have a hard time finding videos or sound examples, maybe im just looking with the wrong phrases. confused24.gif

I hear 356's and 912's with that great hollow / raspy 6 sound all the time, but can never find info on what helps support that sound. Im looking for my modified 2.0 flat 4 motor.

Just a though as I try to look busy at my desk the rest of this Friday... type.gif beer3.gif

P.S. I know I can drop $700 to $1000 and get something that sounds good and bolts up, I got a long list of other stuff I still have to waste money on, besides where's the fun in bolt on?
Mueller
QUOTE(Alphaogre @ Apr 21 2017, 02:23 PM) *

Anyone on here ever modifies or use BISCHOFF or WALKER MUFFLER for a stock 2.0 or hopped motor? I come across them more often than not for 911's, and sometimes I get the fabricating bug to make my life more difficult and try to build something... biggrin.gif welder.gif

I have a hard time finding videos or sound examples, maybe im just looking with the wrong phrases. confused24.gif

I hear 356's and 912's with that great hollow / raspy 6 sound all the time, but can never find info on what helps support that sound.

Just a though as I try to look busy at my desk the rest of this Friday... type.gif beer3.gif

P.S. I know I can drop $700 to $1000 and get something that sounds good and bolts up, I got a long list of other stuff I still have to waste money on, besides where's the fun in bolt on?

See the Borla muffler in the classifieds? Not cheap but that is only his asking price and might drop it if sitting on it too long.
Alphaogre
yea I saw that this morning, that what kind of kicked all this off haha its a lot to drop only to bolt it up and find you dont like it...that why im trying to find audio or video clips so i can at least have an idea...
Tom_T
Bischoff & Leistritz were the original OEM for the 2L /4 "Banana" mufflers for Porsche/VW on all 914s 73-76, & for the -6 2L 70-72 (probably on the 1.7 & 1.8 "can" mufflers too IIRC).

Today the OEM is Dansk & you can buy them new - same muffler but now with a chromed exhaust tip (so now you don't need the former OEM separate chrome tip part).

So I don't see the point of modifying a 911 Bischoff to for the 2L /4. confused24.gif

If you're looking to recreate the 2 pipe outlet racing banana for a 2L /4, then there are threads on here by others who have done them, so try a google search, which usually works better than this site's search function for that type of topic search.

PS - try to get with Mike/911cuda on here or one of the other SD area 914ers to hear their various mufflers at one of the SD area PCA breakfasts or something.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
72hardtop
QUOTE(Alphaogre @ Apr 21 2017, 01:23 PM) *

I hear 356's and 912's with that great hollow / raspy 6 sound all the time, but can never find info on what helps support that sound. Im looking for my modified 2.0 flat 4 motor.

The following is my 2056cc T-4 set up with an S&S 4-1 with a Walker quiet-pack in my 72 Westy hardtop. Sounds very nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EoAeY8dG0o
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.