Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Titanium Lug bolts ACER Racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
Experts, will these work on stock 4 lug 914 Fuchs? They are 1mm longer than stock. Seems like they should work fine.

http://www.acerracing.com/ball_bearings/Po...s-1868-128.html
Mark Henry
Likely but why Ti? Do you like spending money? confused24.gif

10 piece set so you'll need 2 sets to get 16, that's $300.
Plus it looks like a Ti bolt then they just made a ball end washer. Just looking at it I'd say they will stick out way further than stock and not look correct.

Put a WTB in the classifieds, the most you'll spend is $100 maybe less.
steuspeed
I realize I'll need two sets. I don't like my rusty lug bolts. I stripped them and zinc plated them. The rust still came back. I'm looking for alternatives.
jd74914
It appears that they would probably work. Titanium threads often have galling issues so you'd likely want to use to antisieze. People often stay away from Ti lugs because of fatigue and brittle failure issues, but a 914 isn't really a demanding application so that's probably not an issue. I do get worried because you wouldn't be doing fluorescent penetrate inspections after ears of use so you'd never know if they cracked (common failure in Ti stuff).
Dtjaden
OOPS - I stand corrected - R14 is correct - my bad! Ignore the following: The 911 lug bolts that you linked to have the wrong seat. The linked bolts have a ball seat and the 914 wheels have a cone seat check out the lug bolts below and to the right on the page (AL141528).
Mark Henry
I believe the ball seats are correct.

I just use covers, cheap enough I buy a couple sets and replace any that get marred.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20x-19mm-Universal...~bE&vxp=mtr

IPB Image
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 22 2017, 03:25 PM) *

I believe the ball seats are correct.

I just use covers, cheap enough I buy a couple sets and replace any that get marred.

agree.gif

IIRC it is an R14 Ball Seat.
IronHillRestorations
Paint the covers with chrome paint
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Apr 22 2017, 09:31 PM) *

Paint the covers with chrome paint

You can get covers in chrome, or just about any colour for that matter.
But like I said get a couple of sets as they mar just about every time you take them off, so after a few times on/off you'll want to replace them.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Harpo
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Apr 22 2017, 10:48 AM) *

I realize I'll need two sets. I don't like my rusty lug bolts. I stripped them and zinc plated them. The rust still came back. I'm looking for alternatives.

I can get them coated for you free with a finish (Paint product) that will go 1500 hours in a salt spray cabinet. They ought to be fine for your application unless you park your car too close to the beaker wall at high tide.

Pm me if your interested

David
Harpo
Duplicate post
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.