Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who here has in-car video of their V8 914's??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
Who here has in-car video of their V8 914's??

I'm just looking for some umpfffff to move on my V8 project waiting patiently below me...

If you don't have your video clips online, I can load them to my server. Free of charge. biggrin.gif

Thanks.
Andyrew
sig.
boxstr
I think Mike Z was featured in a V8 video that can be viewed on the Renegade Hybrids website. Check it out.
CCLINIHAVEAV8
smrz914
I have some early stuff but not sure how to get the video out there. They are .mov files so you need quicktime. They are off my moms digital camera. Most of them are about 10.2 MB.
skline
I was going to take some this weekend but got busy with other stuff and didnt get around to it. Maybe next weekend. I do have some video of some oter 914's with V8's in them.
Dr. Roger
Hey guys.
If you need a place to put your videos online, just email them to me and I'll give you a web address where anyone can download them. No charge. biggrin.gif
Peace and 914's be with you.
tesserra
There is or was a video of a V8 944 car on the Renegade web site. He is on a track and you can see him shift and pass other cars like they are standing still. It acyually made it look too easy. I think this is pretty close to what you could expect with the 914 V8.
Sounds like your motor is gonna be real nice in that car.

George
neo914-6
I saw some fantastic footage of probably the fastest V8 914 in CA racing at ThunderHill. His cousin Harry should be at the next V8 Porsche meet so you can ask him about a copy. BTW, Harry's is also scary fast...

Chris had an in car bracket for his camera at Willow but I wasn't there to see if he took footage...
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (tesserra @ May 8 2005, 08:06 PM)
There is or was a video of a V8 944 car on the Renegade web site. He is on a track and you can see him shift and pass other cars like they are standing still. It acyually made it look too easy. I think this is pretty close to what you could expect with the 914 V8.
Sounds like your motor is gonna be real nice in that car.

George

George, Thank you. I'm optimistic about the performance. I've built a few motors and this one will make me proud. =-)
Oh BTW, I've already checked out the video of the 944 walking around other cars like they were standing still. Awesome footage.

Neo, Who owns the fastest 914 V8? I'd love to check that out.

Boxster, I check out Renegade's site and couldn't find Mikes video. Might you know where it is? I've been following Mikes progress threads all along and that beast is sooo clean.
neo914-6
Elmer also known as "super". He's a guy with deep pockets who's competitive with his circle of friends that race at TH. Pockets enough to hire Bauer Porsche to build and develop his car. Last I heard he acquired a 700+hp Nascar motor. Harry is also competitive but he does well with a down to earth budget and wrenching himself. He has the 427sbc. Now that Chris' car is running and after I install Harry's old motor, we plan on organizing something for TH. I may need one of your extra 901's. laugh.gif You'll meet them soon...
Rider914
Fourth picture down - click for video. I wasn't on it hard but the audio is good.

http://www.renegadehybrids.com/fun.htm
Lou W
I have a in-car video of my friends v8 powered 914, very nice car, I might add. It's currently on a DVD, I'm not sure how to put it on my computer though, I can mail you a copy if you want it. smile.gif Lou
neo914-6
Not V8's but Porsches at ThunderHill...
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (Rider914 @ May 10 2005, 12:30 PM)
Fourth picture down - click for video. I wasn't on it hard but the audio is good.

Hey that was a great video!!

Got anymore???? biggrin.gif
Rider914
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ May 11 2005, 05:50 PM)
QUOTE (Rider914 @ May 10 2005, 12:30 PM)

Hey that was a great video!!

Got anymore???? biggrin.gif

I need to shoot some more. The car is much stronger now - and louder!
Mueller
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 8 2005, 11:20 PM)

I have not spoken to Hatfield in a while, but he was building a twin-turbo 410(or bigger) cubic inch all aluminum Chevy small block....according to his engine simulator software, the motor should put out 1100 horsepower....I do not want to be a passanger in that car wacko.gif ...he took me for a ride in his 300hp 3.6 powered Beck 550 spyder once.....never again, it is possible for a car to have too much HP screwy.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 12 2005, 07:28 AM)

I have not spoken to Hatfield in a while, but he was building a twin-turbo 410(or bigger) cubic inch all aluminum Chevy small block....according to his engine simulator software, the motor should put out 1100 horsepower....I do not want to be a passanger in that car wacko.gif ...he took me for a ride in his 300hp 3.6 powered Beck 550 spyder once.....never again, it is possible for a car to have too much HP screwy.gif

Do you know if Hatfield is in to videoing his rides??? biggrin.gif
Mueller
Do you know if Hatfield is in to videoing his rides???

I doubt it, normally a low key kinda guy..............
neo914-6
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 12 2005, 07:28 AM)

Sounds like it's still in development like Canadian turbo Paul's 1000hp twin turbo V8. Scott B was building a 1000hp (calculated) turbo V8 but no updates in the last year other than he bought a ZF tranny. Has it been proven you can get 1000hp to the ground? My point is Elmer's runs and has raced... burnout.gif

skline
Ok, I got an in car video of my Chalon. It's kind of big, anyone know how to make it smaller? It's currently 68 Meg. The car is quiet. Took it up to 4th gear and you can hardly hear the thing running. Nice, just the way I like it. The drawback is, you can hear the damn rear bushing with no problem. I gotta fix that soon. Its going to drive me nuts. Who wants to host it?
neo914-6
Some tail dragger V8 vids...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.