Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area Breakfast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
MartyYeoman
Anybody up for some breakfast face time? Saturday 5/6. Pleasanton Black Bear Diner (5100 Hopyard Rd) near the I580-I680 interchange. chowtime.gif
SirAndy
I'm in as long as we don't bring Amoy. She'll get us thrown out again.
biggrin.gif
BuddyV
I want to make it... but a long haul from Santa Rosa..... any chance of meeting a bit closer??

Just asking..... i would still make the drive if I were free.... it's just well over an hour..... in a 914.

beerchug.gif
tygaboy
There's Jimmy Bean's on Gilman in Berkeley. A selfishly more convenient(ish) location for us North Bayer's.
SirAndy
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Apr 23 2017, 12:14 PM) *
There's Jimmy Bean's on Gilman in Berkeley. A selfishly more convenient(ish) location for us North Bayer's.

There's no group parking anywhere near JB ...
sad.gif

PS: Also, last time i set up a "north bay" meeting only two people showed up, me from Oakland and Fiid from SF.
MartyYeoman
The reasoning behind choosing Pleasanton as a location was because it's readily accessible from all North, South, East and West directions. I was hoping to draw the largest crowd possible. Any date preference yet?
MartyYeoman
Bump
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Apr 23 2017, 01:37 PM) *

The reasoning behind choosing Pleasanton as a location was because it's readily accessible from all North, South, East and West directions. I was hoping to draw the largest crowd possible. Any date preference yet?

agree.gif

P town works for me!
JeffBowlsby
I will be there if I can. Following this thread. Hope you are feeling better Marty.
Andyrew
I'll see about coming, but with the baby here I doubt it.

^ I hope your feeling better as well Marty!
boxsterfan
Would love to come stare at your 914's, but baseball season is in full swing (9:30 AM games on both of those dates).
Cairo94507
It would be nice to see Marty up and running around. If it is scheduled for the 5/6 morning in P-town, I should be able to make it. I would like to see and talk with some other Teeners about our cars and the issues we face getting/keeping them on the road. This coming weekend I am in CO.
cali914
I'm in but please no lama beans it's not called Jimmie beans anymore it's literally four blocks from my house. Not much of a drive. Lol
napasteve
I would like to go. 5/6 is much better than 4/29.
MartyYeoman
Looks like 5/6 is the better date, so 5/6 it is.
Side note: That's also the R-Group meet-up Saturday at EASY.
MartyYeoman
Bump to the front page.
bfrymire
I am missing something. What time??
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(bfrymire @ Apr 28 2017, 11:15 AM) *

I am missing something. What time??

9:14am
Mike Bellis
I might be able to make it. I'm not even sure my 914 runs anymore. It''s been sitting in the garage for 6 months... sad.gif
MartyYeoman
chowtime.gif
MartyYeoman
Bump
dlkawashima
I'm planning on being there.
Dave_Darling
I am strongly considering it...

--DD
BuddyV
OK... I will be there.... driving farther than is typical with my 914 so I want to make sure that we are still on.

And the start time..... is it really 9:14am

dry.gif
MartyYeoman
Yes & Yes
Elliot Cannon
I could do lunch (I know, it blows a hole in the middle of the day) but to get there at 9:14 I would have to leave the house at 6:00. yellowsleep[1].gif Plus if Amoy wub.gif isn't going to be there what's the use. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 28 2017, 10:26 PM) *

I might be able to make it. I'm not even sure my 914 runs anymore. It''s been sitting in the garage for 6 months... sad.gif

6 months!! WTF.gif
green914
I am going to try and make it driving.gif
Jeffs9146
I might dust it off for a quick drive to Hopyard Road!
Cairo94507
So far, I am in the green on this. Hopefully nothing changes as I would enjoy seeing everyone.
Mueller
Bummer, not going to make it, playing daddy day care, we are doing two different STEM projects for school.
PotterPorsche
I will try to make it out there. 9:14am
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 4 2017, 05:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 28 2017, 10:26 PM) *

6 months!! WTF.gif

yep. 6 months. at least. I need to pull all the boxes and junk off it. I better put on a battery charger too... sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 4 2017, 11:13 PM) *
yep. 6 months. at least.

Same here, which is why i'll be there sans 914.
Battery is dead and i haven't cleaned out all the mold yet.

Plus, i broke the drivers side mirror when i bumped into it with the trash can.
headbang.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Apr 23 2017, 11:17 AM) *

I want to make it... but a long haul from Santa Rosa..... any chance of meeting a bit closer??

Just asking..... i would still make the drive if I were free.... it's just well over an hour..... in a 914.

beerchug.gif

Why don't we do our own N. Bay breakfast or beer meetup sometime?

beerchug.gif
tygaboy
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ May 5 2017, 02:54 PM) *

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I'm up for that.
Mike Bellis
Well...

A turn of the battery switch and 15 seconds of cranking to prime the fuel line and it fired right up. Took it for a 5 mile shake down and everything works! piratenanner.gif

Time to do some PM work on it before WCR. smash.gif
ConeDodger
Hmmm... if I got up at 5am and drove the 200 miles or so. sunglasses.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 5 2017, 04:14 PM) *

Hmmm... if I got up at 5am and drove the 200 miles or so. sunglasses.gif

driving.gif Start Driving...
BuddyV
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ May 5 2017, 02:54 PM) *

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Randy - Robert here.... I am making the drive tomorrow (calling it "Therapy" after a long work week). If you want to caravan, I am leaving at 7am-ish.

(707) 888-1857.... text me if you want me to wait for you.

If one of us breaks down. we would have a second car - ha ha!

beerchug.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 4 2017, 08:25 PM) *

Bummer, not going to make it, playing daddy day care, we are doing two different STEM projects for school.

C'mon Mike!
ConeDodger
I'm out. Going to a late movie with Yopu...
dlkawashima
I'll be there in the 2-liter ...
PotterPorsche
Electrical problems with fuel pump. Getting 2 volts instead of 12 volts
MartyYeoman
And a good time was had by all. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures to post. headbang.gif
EdwardBlume
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Thanks for pulling us all together Marty.
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
dlkawashima
agree.gif Thanks Marty! We're all very happy to see you're alive and kickin'

It was nice to see some of the old guard as well as new members to the World. It was also nice to get an 80 mile run in the orange 914. And, whoops, I also forgot to take any pictures.
smj
Bummed that I found this the afternoon of the day of, but still glad it happened.

Since Fiid made that previous meetup you mentioned, SirAndy, I'll have to chastise him for not pinging me. dry.gif

Did take the -6 to the first Berkeley Cars & Coffee that happened last month, and expecting to make the next one on 5/28.
Cairo94507
That was a good turnout. I wish I could have stayed for the breakfast but just seeing everyone was terrific. Oh, and nobody even gave Dave a hard time about arriving in his 911..... we are a forgiving group like that. beerchug.gif
boxsterfan
Well, I had to umpire a kids baseball game...which was fun...but I still wish I could have driven my Nissan Maxima over to stare at your 914's. w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.