Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carnage at AX today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Gary tried to throw his battery away, Bruce tried to throw a rod, another Gary had his Boxster puke......lotso steam (I think)
out the exhaust pipe & a rude noise from the engine room.

It was wet for half the AX...my half, naturaly sad.gif
SirAndy
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
J P Stein
Bruce has the pics, but he may be sulking.....I know I would be. biggrin.gif
DNHunt
Man that's too bad. Here's hoping it isn't as bleak as it looks right now.

Dave
drgchapman
Poor Bruce, knock, knock,knock. headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif I hung my head as punkin' headed out on the flat bed. sad.gif I wasn't aware at the time, but didn't Gary's car go out on the newly improved JP tranportation unit, complete with aluminum ramps?

Talk about carnage, do you think Chuck will let me drive his car again? I took a few miles off those tires in that spin I powered through....almost, in the green weapon. What a tail heavy drive that was....whoa right...whoa left. !966 911 with about 170 HP?( for those of you not in attendance) eh JP? I'm a gettin' a hankerin for more HP. Need more better balance though.

Great time this morning, especially after it dried out. Pamela had a great time as well. Tori will be back for more......look out.

Fuchin' battery. I feel so dumb sometimes...... Pamela's battery stayed in.

Had some giggles though. monkeydance.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (drgchapman @ May 8 2005, 08:30 PM)
I wasn't aware at the time, but didn't Gary's car go out on the newly improved JP tranportation unit, complete with aluminum ramps?

Yes indeedy, them newly tricked out ramps held up well under that hog body Boxster. Ma rig hauled that sucker like it wasn't even there......good test run for SCCA at Packwood in 2 weeks.

Test day on Saturday & AX on Sunday. You goin'?
J P Stein
OOPs
SCCA at PIR in 2 weeks.....South pits....even better. biggrin.gif
AX both days
boxstr
Will JP be there with his new Stealth Weapon?? Stay tuned. New Root Werkes 914-6 coming to CAMP 914, Gary did you read that??
Chasing the elusive TTOD, JP signals that he is going to take 1 second off of his last run time.
CCLINNOPCARTODAY
Bruce Allert
Hey now... I had a great time. Almost beat Jim Chambers totally but that last run he beat my best of 42.2 with a 41.?? smilie_pokal.gif

I ain't sulkin', just had a lot to do to get ready for a vacation of statue molesting. Qarl, you hear that? laugh.gif

I'm thinkin Punkin's heart has a murmer. Thought it was a lifter at first but then it got louder when Jim & Craig started listening to it. ohmy.gif

I got some cool pics & videos tho.....

......b
Bruce Allert
that first pic was me & Craig giv'n Gary Chapman shit for tryin out the dark side in that 9'leben.

Here's one of Gary's wife Pamela in her teener

......b
Porsche Rescue
41.535 and 41.569 and I'm stickin' to it. Haven't seen all results yet but might have been close to JP for first (and last) time. Course he was drivin' his go-to-work MR2.

Gary doesn't need more power. Hell he was third overall and not that far behind the first two. On this short course seems a little 2.0 four is all that is needed (if you know how to drive it).
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ May 9 2005, 07:56 AM)
On this short course seems a little 2.0 four is all that is needed (if you know how to drive it).

and have stickyass'd tiars burnout.gif

Jim, ya beat me fair n' square smilie_pokal.gif

.........b
Porsche Rescue
Bruce, hope you can solve the engine problem so we can continue the competition. Since Gary is playing with JP and the other big dogs it's fun to have someone close.
My only fear is Pamela is gonna catch up to us pretty soon. I think she had a 45 in one of her fun runs. Then the only excuse I'll have is old age.
drgchapman
SCCA in two weeks? On Saturday? The 21st? Looks good, yeah, I should be there....with a rebuilt battery holder...or more duct tape.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (drgchapman @ May 9 2005, 12:59 PM)
I should be there....with a rebuilt battery holder...or more duct tape.

.... and you past tech?? idea.gif we bett'a haf'a talk wit dem boys smash.gif

........ b smile.gif
drgchapman
It was perfectly fine.........until it broked. confused24.gif I swear. unsure.gif Clip on body side of battery tray let go. Easy, scmeesy. Good thing it's an optima, no spill. Does make the engine idle fast though, when the battery is laying on the throttle cable!
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (drgchapman @ May 9 2005, 06:10 PM)
Does make the engine idle fast though, when the battery is laying on the throttle cable!

Prolly the easiest fix for high idle you'll ever have laugh.gif

I used to run w/o my battery tied down. The cables were so stiff & had no slack they held it in. Now I have it held with the appropriate stuff.
(wished the appropriate stuff were hold'n the rod where it should be) pinch.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.