Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Garage Sale Parts find in the neighborhood!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
w00t.gif

A few months ago I snagged these 914 parts at a garage sale. They were in the garage attic over 25 years collecting dust by an old fellow getting rid of stuff.

The guy said it was from a 1974 914, but I am thinking it could be from an early year 914?? Maybe a 914-6 since the bumper is off an early year 914. The old guy didn't know what he had!!

Need help to identify the value or who can help?? The wire harness is complete with no cuts and soft, just dirty. Help needed to indentify??

It was a cheap garage sale buy rolleyes.gif Stuff is still out there popcorn[1].gif

Tom
JeffBowlsby
Tom, If you want to compare the harness to this harness ID chart, you can at least determine which year it is.

Nothing is cut? I cannot tell from the photo, but the branch that connects to the battery looks suspicious.
gms
Sadly this makes it a 4 harness
Click to view attachment
TJB/914
QUOTE(gms @ Apr 23 2017, 06:50 PM) *

Sadly this makes it a 4 harness
Click to view attachment

Ouch, and thanks for the info. Not a six??

BTW: The bumper has issues with dings, & a few bubbles under the chrome. I am going to take it to a chrome shop and see if it can be saved. Then sell it if it can be re-chromed.

Tom
gms
sorry, six has wiper control on the steering column.
You can check the ignition switch connection but I cannot imagine anyone would put a 4 cylinder wiper switch on a 6
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.