Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spark and Fuel Maps for a 2056
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I finally got around to tuning my old engine in the car. Here's the results of tuning on the street. This is a crankfire ignition. Here's an old pick of the VR sensor mounting.

Dave
DNHunt
Here's the timing Map
DNHunt
It was really fun checking the timing with the light and the computer. I read the timing advance and Rpms off of the computer and checked against the marks on the fan
DNHunt
The fuel Map
DNHunt
The 3d representation of the fuel Map.
dinomium
Kewl pix Dave...
mightyohm
Sort of off topic, but maybe I missed it, but what ended up being the problem with the motor last time you tore it down? How was it resolved?

DNHunt
It appears there are several issues. Ultra rich during breakin causing oil dilution. Some clamping issues with a couple of the cylinders. Bad metal in the cam blank. We still don't have a final diagnosis. Parts are still out for repair or replacement. Both Jake and Charles have been great. To paraphase Jake. An engine's worst enemy is a fool with a 13mm wrench. Mind you he's never said that to me but the shoe fits.

Dave
lapuwali
It's interesting you're running so much more advance at 600rpm than 1000rpm. What's the thinking there? Does it help with idle stability?
DNHunt
The thought is to give it a little bump if it stumbles. I haven't needed it so I'll probably take the extra out.

Dave
Mueller
QUOTE (DNHunt @ May 9 2005, 01:49 PM)
The thought is to give it a little bump if it stumbles. I haven't needed it so I'll probably take the extra out.

Dave

for cranking, is the advance set at 15° then???

wouldn't the car start easier at say 10° or less??

DNHunt
Cranking is 10. The engine is never down at 600. Like I said I'll probably take it out.

Dave
TimT
Having that extra advance between 600-100 helps if engine starts to stall/stumble.
It also helps if you have a lightened clutch or flywheel. The extra advance gives the engine more torque, and can help it overcome tendencies to stall.

Id leave the timing the way it is.. it will help if you have a rough idle, and the engine hunts.
Mueller
Dave....any chance you know or can tell me what your injector duty cycle is at idle???

Mine right now is 3%.....I hope you don't mind too much, but I am using your values (tweaked somewhat smile.gif ) for my initial settings on my FI.....
crash914
Mike, mine is around 5 to 7 ms. or is that duty cycle????
DNHunt
Mike

With the 2.0l injectors pulsewidth is 1.7 with a 1.0 ms opening time. Duty cycle is 2.8

Good Luck

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.