Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davewadd
I own and track an old 911, but have always liked 914s. After lurking for a while, and searching periodically, today I purchased a Bahia red 2.0 with original paint, and matching numbers motor. It's now a weber carb car, and was an AC car, but compressor not connected. Very minimal surface rust in rear trunk..hell hole replaced a while ago. Original California car with its blue plates. Not much documentation, and a few fiddley things to be sorted, but seems to be a very solid and original car. I welcome feedback and am open to learning....it's got a ton of nicks, chips, and door dings, but since the paint is original, we'll call it patina.
daytona
Welcome to the World.
there is a Lot of 914 knowledge on this forum. Never hesitate to ask.
enjoy your 914 experience.
Bill.
Big Len
welcome.png
914_7T3
QUOTE(davewadd @ Apr 24 2017, 06:54 PM) *

I own and track an old 911, but have always liked 914s. After lurking for a while, and searching periodically, today I purchased a Bahia red 2.0 with original paint, and matching numbers motor. It's now a weber carb car, and was an AC car, but compressor not connected. Very minimal surface rust in rear trunk..hell hole replaced a while ago. Original California car with its blue plates. Not much documentation, and a few fiddley things to be sorted, but seems to be a very solid and original car. I welcome feedback and am open to learning....it's got a ton of nicks, chips, and door dings, but since the paint is original, we'll call it patina.

Congrats, I called the seller in Claremont on Sunday morning, but you beat me to the punch. Dare I say you bought that car very well. Luckily, I acquired a matching numbers '73 2.0 last week and had I not, would be in a long and deep depression over losing the opportunity.

Enjoy the car, it looks like a great one.

smilie_pokal.gif
davewadd
Thanks
SKL1
Welcome- you can never have too many Porsches... smile.gif
Maltese Falcon
welcome.png
You will like it here...!ยก!
Awesome 914 btw
Krieger
Congratulations and welcome.png Do you have any other big plans for it?
davewadd
No big plans for it. Needs tires, tune-up, cleaning, and a muffler.
I'm trying to keep my investment low, and just enjoy the car.
Betty
Congrats on what looks to be a really nice car! first.gif

Welcome to 914World! cheer.gif beer3.gif aktion035.gif

Yep, just drive it. Find some twisties and have a blast with it! driving.gif
burton73
With modern polishes you can make that red so bright and you will still have a very shiny patina. I know it is that way on my 76. Enjoy your time capsule.
You do meet the nicest people on the 914 world.

Bob B

welcome.png
davewadd
QUOTE(burton73 @ Apr 25 2017, 11:02 AM) *

With modern polishes you can make that red so bright and you will still have a very shiny patina. I know it is that way on my 76. Enjoy your time capsule.
You do meet the nicest people on the 914 world.

Bob B

welcome.png

Yup...I buffed on it today.

I had not originally realized how much undercoating was on the car. It's a California blue plate car, but that undercoat was applied liberally blink.gif
davewadd
Did the wheels today. DIY
Before and after.
914_7T3
QUOTE(davewadd @ Apr 26 2017, 12:56 PM) *

Did the wheels today. DIY
Before and after.

Would love to know what you used to clean up the portion of the rim with the natural finish as mine could use that as well.

Click to view attachment
arne
Looks to me like davewadd's wheels have been polished, and the original rough anodizing was already gone. I just cleaned my original finish wheels with a mild cleaner.

Post with wheel picture
914_7T3
Mine came out like this with just mild dish soap. I should get them polished and get those lugs replaced. No idea why I cannot get my photos to orient properly.

GRRRR mad.gif

Click to view attachment
Gmanscott55
welcome.png

Where in S.Cal you located? Looks like a great car.
914_7T3
Sherman Oaks
davewadd
The wheels on my car looked to gave been previously polished. I just repolished the petals using Mothers Billet polish, then painted the black.
Heeltoe914
Nice car come out hang with us some morning at the La Canada cars & Coffee every Sat 7 to 9 am. 1717 verdugo.
914_7T3
QUOTE(davewadd @ Apr 26 2017, 08:05 PM) *

The wheels on my car looked to gave been previously polished. I just repolished the petals using Mothers Billet polish, then painted the black.

Thanks for the tip.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.