Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Surprise at CA Pull your Parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Brent
I was at my local "pull your parts" place, looking for parts for my Ricer vehicles, when to my shock was a 914 tub. I offered to buy it outright, but they said they couldn't.

Here is the condition:
LONGS: rusted out battery tray, long showing surface rust. Not in very good shape , but not beyond recovery.

Gone: Drivetrain, gas tank, interior, wheels, markers, front window
FRONT TRUNK: Pristine. No surface rust anywhere. No signs of previous mishaps. White car so any problems would be very visible.

REAR TRUNK: Very clean.

Whats wrong: left side damage, qtr panel, door and fender all have sizable creases.

Whats left: Clean front clip, front hood, right fender, right door, rear deck lid and engine lid. Rear structure, no damage. Dash with one crack (better than both of mine!) rear lens loose inside trunk, pedal assy, most hubs , trailing arms,

Car has been there for a month. Looks like it was garaged until scrapped. Is raining now so soon will show signs of rust EVERYWHERE. I'll take pics tomorrow, if I can make it back there. I think Neo914 was just looking for a front structure piece.

Its not the same as a sawzall party, but I thought there would be some good parts for club members if they acted before the rain takes hold.
-B
McMark
AHHHHHHHNDY, your front trunk pieces are available..... biggrin.gif
Brent
Yes ANDY, your part is available and in great shape, too. Check out Pull Your Parts on Trade Zone in Miplitas/ N San Jose.

(pm sent)
Britain Smith
Hey Brent...you must live close to me. I am right at 880 and Montegue. We should hook up sometime.

The last time I went to that place there was an early 912 complete there.

-Britain
neo914-6
QUOTE (Brent @ May 8 2005, 08:27 PM)
I think Neo914 was just looking for a front structure piece.

Only to try an idea Andrew had of pounding out the fenders before welding them on Neo914...I actually have fenders from my parts car.

McMark,
Did you cut up your car?

I drive by Tradezone near my work in Milpitas...it's gonna be muddy!
Brent
Sorry Felix,

It was Andy's need I was reminded of, its just you are the most active person I know in San Jose, I thought it was your post.

I still plan on taking pics tomorrow.

-Brent
Brent
Here is a couple of pics of the tub, as promissed.
Brent
More...
Brent
and three
Brent
four
Brent
last... but I have about 30 more so let me know what you are interested in and I will resize and post it. Just makes me sad seeing this rough diamond with these ugly ducklings.
Jake Raby
Damn... Thats a clean looking car!

Looks like a find for a future FP car perhaps...or maybe a resto.
Brent
SAD isn't it. I was wondering how it got there. No 914club member would of let so many nice parts go to the scrapyard!!!! Unless there is a sawzall that works on battery power, most of the great parts will go to the rust gods.
scruz914
I offered to buy it outright, but they said they couldn't.

Brent,

Out of curiosity, why can't they sell it to you outright? Are they restricted to selling only pieces of a car?

-Jeff
Joe Bob
Let's see....it's in a junk yard and they won't sell the whole body? WTF.....follow the line of command to the guy with the most teeth and ask again.....

I agree...pretty clean...from the outside, tub.
cdmcse
That would be as good as gold in the east.
boxstr
Looks to nice to cut. Save em don't crush em.
CCLINSAWZALLFORHTEMASSES
Mueller
it would be nice if P-n-P had an automated list of the vehicles in stock, even better would be an email when a certain model showed up sawzall-smiley.gif

bmcwilli
Would love to get my hands on the front trunk floor. I want to remove the dpd AC from my 2.0.

Too bad I'm in NC
Brent
QUOTE (scruz914 @ May 10 2005, 06:34 AM)
I offered to buy it outright, but they said they couldn't.

Brent,

Out of curiosity, why can't they sell it to you outright? Are they restricted to selling only pieces of a car?

-Jeff

Jus like Sammy said, do not sell because of liability and because of the VIN being salvaged. I wanted to argue with him, but no purpose, since I am not in the position to restore. Also, they do offer complete cars for sale as well, but not this.

WAIT, I found some rust......just starting because of the RAIN!!!
Brent
By the way, did anyone notice the high gloss on the BOTTOM of the front hood. Mine are not even close to that!
Brent
LONGS: probably why scrapped by DAPO.
anthony
The fuel pump might be good!
McMark
That fuel pump and the valences are worth some $.
Brent
And roll bar trim pieces in excellent condition, head light motors, plastic holders for top storage in trunk still there, rain tubes, engine lid to convert to GT lid.... There is alot still to scavange off this one. I wish I was working!
Brent
Anthony, here is the pic of the wrinkle in the rear trunk. Hope it helps. -B
anthony
Thanks for posting that Brent.

McMark, how big of a deal is a wrinkle like for a body shop to deal with before painting? I've been on the lookout for a good hood in order to delete the rack on my silver car.
jd74914
QUOTE (cdmcse @ May 10 2005, 06:51 AM)
That would be as good as gold in the east.

I'm dying over here. dry.gif That car has the front clip pieces that I need, and I'm sure other handy patch panels but its on the left coast.
anderssj
WOW, I could definitely go for the trim pieces on the roll bar/sail panels . . . almost enough to make me wish my brother was still living out there
Brent
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 8 2005, 11:00 PM)

I drive by Tradezone near my work in Milpitas...it's gonna be muddy!

not much mud or puddles. The dirt is pretty well packed there, soaked with oil, so it runs off.
Brent
QUOTE (Brent @ May 9 2005, 10:35 PM)
Unless there is a sawzall that works on battery power, most of the great parts will go to the rust gods.

OK...went to Lowes and found Plenty of battery powered Sawzalls, but if they are like any of my four drills, they will die halfway through the project.

Plus, buying a saw, add labor and paying for part doesn't sound like a great deal to me.
Mueller
Felix, let me know next time you want to head on out to the p-n-p...it would be a nice way to kill an hour so for lunch and get away from work.....hmmmm....I could do a p-n-p circuit.....hit the Tradezone, then Berryessa and finally the Mowery one and back to work smash.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 10 2005, 08:09 PM)
Felix, let me know next time you want to head on out to the p-n-p...it would be a nice way to kill an hour so for lunch and get away from work.....hmmmm....I could do a p-n-p circuit.....hit the Tradezone, then Berryessa and finally the Mowery one and back to work  :smash:

Haven't gone in years but I do need to go to find certain parts for Neo914...

I drive by this place frequently during the week but can't get my work clothes dirty. Plus it's either in a rush to get to work or rush to the child care...How about weekends?
rick 918-S
That's just plain sad. mad.gif
Brent
QUOTE (anderssj @ May 10 2005, 05:54 PM)
WOW, I could definitely go for the trim pieces on the roll bar/sail panels . . . almost enough to make me wish my brother was still living out there

As soon as I get someone to watch my 3 yr old for me, I'll go pull the trim pieces for ya.
-Brent
Mueller
How about weekends?

since I already make the 100+ mile round trip during the week everyday, I try my hardest not to venture out in this direction on the weekends smile.gif

neo914-6
How about next Thurs lunch time? Want to stop by Tony's shop?
Mueller
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 11 2005, 03:57 PM)
How about next Thurs lunch time? Want to stop by Tony's shop?

that'll work...this Sunday P-n-P is having a 50% sale, still not enough motivation to drive down......besides...we are doing some remodeling on the home front, my weekend will be spent re-doing the home office..oh joy dry.gif

at least I get a new monitor out of it, time to go shopping for an LCD screen smile.gif
Brent
What size LCD? I love my 17" NEC I bought from Fry's Net price $250. type.gif smilie_pokal.gif type.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Brent @ May 11 2005, 04:18 PM)
What size LCD? I love my 17" NEC I bought from Fry's Net price $250. type.gif smilie_pokal.gif type.gif

current monitor is a 21", but those are some expenisive SOB's in that size, so I think the 17" will do.....I saw those at Frys last week...amazing how the price has come down on them....

now what to do with the 21" monitor....I'm not too sure I want that in my workshop, the 17" I have in there is already taking up too much space.....
Brent
Thats ironic, I just replaced my 20" behemoth with my 17" flatscreen. I am more than satisfied...(stretching out the arms!)
anderssj
QUOTE (Brent @ May 11 2005, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (anderssj @ May 10 2005, 05:54 PM)

As soon as I get someone to watch my 3 yr old for me, I'll go pull the trim pieces for ya.
-Brent

Brent,

Thanks! PM sent.

Brent
PM replied.

Brent
Pick Your Part 50% off

Body parts for 50%off. Forgot to mention , a seat without upper pad was found in a nearby car. Also there was the seatpad.
-Brent sawzall-smiley.gif
Brent
bump
Sawzall party without me???

Gone : chrome trim, back end of tub (cut halfway through trunk floor, right door, entire dash (sheetmetal included) , fuel regulator, rear lens, and firewall.

Somebody had fun with a saw!
dmenche914
This ain't the first, nor last pristine california car that a wrecker will not sell. I have tried to get wreckers to sell 914's, GT6's, even a Bricklin sports car, and they cannot do it (legally)

If the car made it to the wrecker thru the states SMOG SCRAP PROGRAM it is not allowed to be re-sold, it may only be parted out.

I doubt anyone even bought the gas tank, it might have been removed to pull some thing else out of the car, cause in most all cases they are require to puncture the gas tank, rendering it useless, another strange twist to the nazi state of california. I get notices every year around the time lisence fees are do, from the state, offering to buy my older cars for scrap! Even my "modern" 1980 Spitifre to my classic 1958 Ghia gets these notices! FUCK THEM BASTARDS!!!

The smog nazi governor Arnold, the asshole Schwartnieger even passed a law condenming all 1976 and later cars to smog testing forever!!!

Anyway that is the fucked up state of california, run by a movie star.

Meanwhile the "greenies" continue to burn wood for heating in metro areas, causing more smog in the winter than a whale oil burning cadilliac with worn rings.

Time to take back the state, revolution!!!!!!!
Brent
I agree this country is going down the shiter, I've had 10 years of management at two Fortune 500 companies and can't find a job! WTF!

Anywho, WHO IS TAKING THE PARTS???? I want to know! How are they going to help your cars, include pics please.
neo914-6
QUOTE (Brent @ May 17 2005, 01:27 PM)

Anywho, WHO IS TAKING THE PARTS???? I want to know! How are they going to help your cars, include pics please.

Brent,

you realize this club only ecompasses a fraction of all 914 owners and unless you're active daily, you'll miss most of the communication...
Brent
Felix,
edited (wife said I sounded like a bitch!) Sorry Felix!
Before I posted the pics, the car had been there over a month, and most of the high ticket/ easy to remove items were still there. Only after the pics were posted did the vultures come. I am only interested to see who got what.

Now, do you have a battery op sawzall I can borrow so I can get the front clip?

-Brent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.