Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914_914/6 Throttle cable ????
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BIGKAT_83
The part # for a 4cyl and a 6cyl are different. I'm looking for a longer throttle cable is the 6cyl. longer than the 4 and if so how much?

mellow.gif mellow.gif mellow.gif
brant
I think the 4cylinder cable is actually the longer of the 2. Also the rear cable ends is different for the 4 and six...

brant
Aaron Cox
why do you need a longer throttle cable in the firstplace?
Lawrence
Yep, Brant. I think the /4 cable is longer by a little bit. But the whole throttle linkage setup on the /6 is different (I know YOU knew that).
brant
yeah...

the 4 end is a threaded rod, and the 6 end is a ball / cup set up...

speaking of which.
Does anybody have an extra (broken 6 cable?) one of these cable ends. Does porsce sell just the cup side. I'm doing some fabrication weird stuff, and need to find one of these 6 cable ends to weld to one of my parts...

Lawrence (anyone), Do you have any broken/trashed 6 cable that you could sell the end from?

brant
Lawrence
Nope, I sure don't. But I know that Rich Johnson makes his own 914/6 throttle linkage parts. (I bought a piece from him). He might be able to square you away. a914guy@aol.com

-Rusty smoke.gif
brant
I made my own pieces too.. but out of aluminum.
I'm converting a 4cylinder cable to work on a 6 cylinder linkage... (rich's response: why would you do that?.. my answer is that I already have beaucou 4cylinder cables, and can always come up with a 4 cable at a track event if needed. Plus they are cheaper, and my pieces are lighter than his.)

I just gotta find one cable end to finish the project.

So if any of you 6ers out there break a stock cable and want to sell the old end instead of throwing it away.. feel free to email me

brant914@hotmail.com

TIA all....
BIGKAT_83
The 4cyl cable is a little on the short side with a V8 conversion. I need just a few more inches.

cool.gif cool.gif
brant
why don't you screw on an extension to the threadded rod-end.

this is basically what I'm trying to do with my plans for a -6 end.

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.