Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tool question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
I know the first thing people are going to tell me is to buy the aluminum AN wrench.

I will, but I don't think it will fit due to the width of those wrenches.

So the question is....
what size of wrench fits a AN-16 fitting?

I need to go buy one to facilitate easier oil changes on my project. I measure it out at 1.5 inches or 38mm... but wanted to confirm this with someone before calling a tools shop and spending the money..

anyone know?

brant
xsboost90
make one!
Mueller
#3 AN (1/2" hex)
#4 AN (9/16" hex)
#6 AN (11/16" hex)
#8 AN (7/8" hex)
#10 AN (1" hex)
#12 AN (1-1/4" hex)
#16 AN (1-1/2" hex
brant
Cool..
thanks a ton mike!
so my rough measurement was pretty close.
and it looks like I should buy an american size instead of metric then (might be cheaper anyways?)

brant
Ferg
Brant,
come by tonight, and look at the one I use for my car. Our AN fittings may be different but i think mine is 36mm. I use a headset tool for my bike, it's super thin and cheep, works ok...
ferg.
ArtechnikA
just get Summit's complete set - they're much less expensive than some of the ones, especially purchased individually. eventually, you'll need the AN-3 and AN-4 fpr brake and clutch lines, and AN-6 for fuel lines, and...

also - there's two sizes to every fitting... there's the B-nut, which is the standard fitting size, and there's the size of the hose end (the "hose clamp" part - i've forgotten the terminology...) that screws down onto the cutter. that part's bigger. when you're assembling hose ends, it's really nice to have soft wrenches for both parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.