Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat belt relay question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
rosenfe
On a 74. How does it work? I just bought car , had a heavy bag on passenger seat , car wouldn't start,had it towed,started when I got home. Later I realized it must be seat belt relay .should I keep it?if not how best to disable
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Apr 29 2017, 06:35 AM) *

On a 74. How does it work? I just bought car , had a heavy bag on passenger seat , car wouldn't start,had it towed,started when I got home. Later I realized it must be seat belt relay .should I keep it?if not how best to disable

It's been too many years ago that I disabled mine, but I thought that only disabled the light????
Shadowfax
It works off the seat belt receptacle I think. This thread seat belt interlock relay does a good job of explaining how to disable it. Pay close attention to Jeff Bowlsby's pic aktion035.gif

porschetub
There are pressure strips under the seats,easy enough to remove,bypass the relay,take the lamp out of the light its its all disabled,gets rid of unused junk/weight too biggrin.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.