Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: out of curiosity...any other
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
just curious. i always hear yellow is faster, but copper if you've never seen a copper metallic, how would you know?

maybe no mettalics, but how about metallics?

wish i could edit the topic.
MattR
Jim Hoyland has a PERFECT copper metallic 914. Ive seen it a few times, and its just beautiful.
firstknight13
how about copperhead bronze?? that is what mine is and i will post pics soon!! wink.gif
nebreitling
my car is a former copper metallic....

some day i may bring it back to factory color... i think it looks really sharp on original cars,,, but not so good on AX/track cars...
Dman
I don't know who's this is but he was at the WWC 05. Very clean car.
MattR
Thats jim hoyland's car
TROJANMAN
sweeeeeet!
TROJANMAN
i'll get better pics soon.
Joe Bob
Needs a nice black Porsche logo like Hoylands.... wink.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 10 2005, 06:55 AM)
Needs a nice black Porsche logo like Hoylands.... wink.gif

why? so everyone can remind that it's NARP.
Fuchs are in the garage. waiting for lugs

are those fiberglass rockers on his?
Joe Bob
OK smart guy....VOLKSWAGON along the bottom.

BTW... Porsche AG has acknowledged the bastard stepchild....THEY are the ones supplying oem parts....new VIN decals available ONLY from PORSCHE now say PORSCHE on them...VW gives NO support for the 914....

Anyone who does the NARP thing either is just trying to do a funny or has no clue....
TROJANMAN

my buddy sat in the car the other day , and found it necessary to point out the VW/audi insignia on the windows.
Joe Bob
Jealous people need to find a nit to pick....hope you smacked him.... chair.gif
MattR
QUOTE (glstrojan @ May 10 2005, 07:18 AM)
my buddy sat in the car the other day , and found it necessary to point out the VW/audi insignia on the windows.

so... dont let him sit in the car. Seems like an easy solution chair.gif
Greg
Ya, I've got one too! It's due for a respray though. It will remain Copper metallic when it gets repainted although I'm still trying to decide if I want to color the rockers and vailances too.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (firstknight13 @ May 9 2005, 10:19 PM)
how about copperhead bronze?? that is what mine is and i will post pics soon!! wink.gif

I'm posting these pics of Ray's car since it is at my house for a little carb work. smile.gif
ChrisFoley
This is some fancy paint job!
ChrisFoley
It looks purple from this angle.
redshift
You know that odd iridecence in the dark blue met., and aubergine... when they oxidize? I always thought that was cool, and there it is all over a car!

Neat!

M
firstknight13
thanks chris for posting pics of my car!! am looking forward to cruzin" when your done tunin the carbs!!! smilie_pokal.gif
firstknight13
hey guys and girls i was hoping to get more feedback on my paint job since chris took the time to post those pics for me. it took 5 times for the guy to paint it right. blemishes and fisheyes every other time. thanks for looking!! wink.gif
lotus_65
QUOTE (firstknight13 @ May 28 2005, 09:13 PM)
hey guys and girls i was hoping to get more feedback on my paint job since chris took the time to post those pics for me. it took 5 times for the guy to paint it right. blemishes and fisheyes every other time. thanks for looking!! wink.gif

it's pretty cool, digger! wink.gif

what's the going rate for a spray like that? i'd like to reshoot mine, but i don't have an endless budget.
btw, the only thing i don't like about jim's car is the euro turn signals. one too many tones for me.
cool_shades.gif really cool look, guys.
IronHillRestorations
Alex Buller and Barbara LaFargue had a copper metallic '75 with a white interior and a/c. Beautiful paint job, very striking with the white interior.

Alex and Barbara started the 914 Club back in '95 or so. Alex died about five years ago, don't know if Barbara still has the car or not.
firstknight13
paint was 3600 but; he wouldn't do it again for that!!! rolleyes.gif
E-Man
That's a beautiful color Ray! I can't wait to see it in person.
-Mike
lotus_65
QUOTE (firstknight13 @ May 31 2005, 10:05 PM)
paint was 3600 but;  he wouldn't do it again for that!!! rolleyes.gif

yea, i can see that.
choice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.