Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One to watch - ebay err a 74/75/76
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
A 74/75/76????

This was posted on another 914 site. Take a look at the pictures, a 74 with 75/76 clip.

Had a few ebay message exchanges with the seller and he seems to not really know what is going on with the car. Tried to explain to him that it has been in a cash and clipped with a section off a 75/76, but he doesn't seem to get that it is not correct.

Anyway another gem to watch. blink.gif

Mike Fitton
You would think they would at least change the front bumper to an earlier one to help with the sale!!
Big Len
Funny, I contacted the seller with the same question.
TheCabinetmaker
You spend that much time and money and not backdate the bumper? What else is hacked? Do you suppose they braced the car before that crappy weld? Good luck aligning that front end.
matthepcat
Crazy. I feel like it is our duty to all email him about the car. Either he is clueless or trying to scam people.
IronHillRestorations
I sent him the following message:

More of an FYI, instead of a question. I restore 914's and I can tell you without a doubt this car has accident history to the front, which has been clipped. If you want to accurately represent the condition of this vehicle, you need to add that this was hit hard in the front and has a front clip welded on.
GaroldShaffer
Looks like seller has updated his auction with the information on the car. Claims minor accident that required a right front fender, um NO. That would be a big accident and a whole 75/76 front clip.

Can't believe that it is close to $7K in bids. blink.gif screwy.gif
GaroldShaffer
Sold for $5655.
IronHillRestorations
If the car drives out good, and the repair is solid, that's probably close to a realistic price.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ May 4 2017, 07:33 AM) *

If the car drives out good, and the repair is solid, that's probably close to a realistic price.

That's what I told him. He sent me a message via ebay with number asking me to call him (a few days ago). Nice guy, just helping a guy sell the car. He really didn't know any history on the car other than what the owner told him. He asked what I thought it would be worth. Told him I wouldn't pay more than $2k for it, but to someone that just wants a 20 footer driver maybe $5k if it drove well and the repair is solid.

He told me it still need some mechanical work to be a good driver. Anyway whoever got it wish them good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.