Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD 1971 2.0 FI $14.5K!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ChristopherB
I am selling my 1971 914 to fund a more practical car to shuttle kids to scouts, kung fu, school and sports. I purchased the car in 2011, and have really enjoyed it. The car has always been garaged and only driven on sunny days. I own a car detailing business and have really enjoyed polishing the chrome trim as well as waxing this orange paint. It currently has two layers of Chemical Guys Lava as a finish. It has not been washed with a hose since I have owned it. The previous owner re built this car from the ground-up. I shipped the car to Tangerine Racing in 2016 for a variety of repairs, up-grades and re-powering. The car looks and runs great. It starts easily and idles perfectly. This car is not a show winner but it is a real looker that runs great. It is a blast to drive, and it gets a ton of attention. This is a solid car that will require zero work to enjoy all summer, fall, and the following spring, etc.
Details

1971 2.0 engine with FI
stock engine installed spring 2016 by Tangerine Racing
The following additional work was done by Tangerine last year:
SS fuel lines- full Tangerine kit
Fuel pump replaced and relocated
Tangerine exhaust, EVO II
new key- The key is a much needed new master key!
rust repairs to jam, and long as recommended by Chris (In fact, I did everything he recommended)
trunk release pull behind plate
new clutch and throttle cables
new clutch tube in tunnel
tuning
starter replaced
brake check and new brake fluid
parking brake cable install
headlight bulbs
I did pretty much everything Chris recommended. The rust repairs were minor and completed with this visit to Tangerine.

The work by the previous owner was extensive. The car has had everything replaced or repaired as needed. Here are some of the details from his ad. I deleted the engine details as Tangerine replaced the engine last year:

"Up for sale is my 71 914 2.0 ground up restoration well over $16,000 in receipts, the pan, inner rockers, suspension console and battery area have all been replaced,every part on the car is new.
Every rubber seal on the body and doors has been replaced.
Delrin race suspension bushings (all of them)
reinforced rear trailing arms
Stable Energies 6pt Roll cage
All Auto Meter Carbon Fiber series gauges
Heated 02 sensor with Air/Fuel ratio gauge (great for tuning)
Corbeau Seats with 4 point harnesses and Stable Energies harness bar
Momo Steering wheel
All engine tin has been powder coated orange intakes were coated with the Stealth coating as well
New fuel pump
New pads and rotors
911 master cylinder
SS brake lines
less then 8,000 miles on clutch
Big Bore throttle body done by Highperformancehouse.com
Minilite wheels
Hal Effect sending unit for speed O (no more cable)
Carbon Fiber look dash
new carpet
Front sway bar with drop links (I have rear sway bar just not installed) Click to view attachment
SS outer rocker pannels (painted)"
I have lots of pictures of the build undertaken by the previous owner.
The FI harness is a "like new" refurbished unit from Jeff Bowlsby

You can see two videos of the car on the CFR Tangerine Racing Facebook page. I am now asking $14,500 for the car.
Give me a ring or text. 410-382-1930 I spent over $7,000 on various repairs all at Tangerine Racing in March 2016. I can forward these invoices to any person interested in the car.

Click to view attachment
ChristopherB
Cars and coffee event near me after getting the car back from Tangerine
ChristopherB
more
ChristopherB
Posting these sure does make me a bit sad!Click to view attachment
ChristopherB
Things that don't work or are not there.
No stereo
No wipers but they are included and the posts turn when activated
I recently replaced the turn signal relay but pulled it because it buzzed. I have a different relay.
No Heat
No rear view mirror. It is in the glove box.

Since the car returned from Tangerine, I replaced the shift linkage bushings as well as a new ground strap from the battery. The shift linkage bushing failed completely after some spirited driving once the car had the work completed last year. While not complicated, the job is not exactly simple. With the the new bushings installed combined with the new clutch tube, and clutch cable, the car shifts very well!
ChristopherB
The tires are new as well. They were replaced in the spring of 2016.
matthepcat
I know I'm not supposed to comment but nice car. Looks like a fun canyon carver.
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Apr 29 2017, 09:08 PM) *

I know I'm not supposed to comment but nice car. Looks like a fun canyon carver.

I don't get why you're not supposed to comment. confused24.gif

IMO an awesome deal for this price!!

ChristopherB
front
ChristopherB
Here is a short walk around with the car running.
https://youtu.be/1jbfJx2C2tI
ChristopherB
Rear view, but that Supertrapp has been replaced.
ChristopherB
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Apr 30 2017, 01:51 AM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Apr 29 2017, 09:08 PM) *

I don't get why you're not supposed to comment. confused24.gif

IMO an awesome deal for this price!!

Thanks! I think that rule is to discourage people from being rude or making comments that could hurt the prospects for a successful sale.
mepstein
Owner is a nice guy. Good luck with the sale.
ChristopherB
This pic of the underside shows the custom pipe fabricated by Tangerine Racing for their new silencer and the Kerry Hunter headers.
ChristopherB
topside Click to view attachment
ChristopherB
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 30 2017, 08:09 AM) *

Owner is a nice guy. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks. Had my first showing today, though this all makes me a bit sad!
ChristopherB
I forgot to add that I have a lot of spare engine parts as well as other miscellaneous stuff. This will go with the car if desired at the asking price. 2.0 heads slightly damaged but definately repairable as well as a very nice stock lower valence. I know that not everyone is a fan of the snow plow lower valence on the car, and this piece is an easy fix. It is also nice to have this in case you hit a lip, curb, whatever and damage the fiberglass valence. Other engine parts are an unopened case, crank, webcam, connecting rods, fan, clutch, flywheel and more. It all fits nicely in the front trunk!
ChristopherB
side with windshield decal. The thing hanging from the front bumper is orange hockey tape that I apply along the bottom edge of that low front valence. The tape keeps that edge looking nice(except when it hangs!) as it does get scraped up occasionally.
ChristopherB
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Apr 30 2017, 01:08 AM) *

Thanks. It is a blast to drive, and I like to look at it almost as much as I like to drive it!
ChristopherB
Another picture passenger side taken on a cloudy day. Paint looks a bit more tame on an overcast day. A sunny fall afternoon makes the finish explode with color. I love the black Minilites. They are my favorite looking wheel for the 914.
ChristopherB
Trunk pictures.
ChristopherB
more
ChristopherB
old rubber mat in place
ChristopherB
underside trunk lid
ChristopherB
Battery area is clean, dry and free of rust. I will get a picture of that this weekend. It is hard to get enough light into that area. I may have to remove the battery to do so. I have had a lot of interest in the car but no offers yet.
ChristopherB
engine bay
thelogo
QUOTE(ChristopherB @ May 4 2017, 06:47 PM) *

I forgot to add that I have a lot of spare engine parts as well as other miscellaneous stuff. This will go with the car if desired at the asking price. 2.0 heads slightly damaged but definately repairable as well as a very nice stock lower valence. I know that not everyone is a fan of the snow plow lower valence on the car, and this piece is an easy fix. It is also nice to have this in case you hit a lip, curb, whatever and damage the fiberglass valence. Other engine parts are a bus case, connecting rods, fan, clutch, flywheel and more. It all fits nicely in the front trunk!

Hard to believe no sale on this one but i would think
Someone will appreciate there dollar value on this one

Can i offer you 200 bucks for the so called snowplow
Valance ?

Last piece my 914 puzzle pray.gif
ChristopherB
QUOTE(thelogo @ May 13 2017, 12:34 AM) *

QUOTE(ChristopherB @ May 4 2017, 06:47 PM) *

I forgot to add that I have a lot of spare engine parts as well as other miscellaneous stuff. This will go with the car if desired at the asking price. 2.0 heads slightly damaged but definately repairable as well as a very nice stock lower valence. I know that not everyone is a fan of the snow plow lower valence on the car, and this piece is an easy fix. It is also nice to have this in case you hit a lip, curb, whatever and damage the fiberglass valence. Other engine parts are a bus case, connecting rods, fan, clutch, flywheel and more. It all fits nicely in the front trunk!

Hard to believe no sale on this one but i would think
Someone will appreciate there dollar value on this one

Can i offer you 200 bucks for the so called snowplow
Valance ?

Last piece my 914 puzzle pray.gif

You have provided the first offer! LOL No, I am sorry, but I can't remove the front valence. I think it looks great on the car. I am surprised as well about not getting an offer yet. While the car is not original, it is a very nice example that drives great. The car had a thorough going over by Chris at Tangerine last year. I did everything he recommended and then some! The price on the car I think is quite fair and represents no profit on my part. Actually, like most of us, there was a lot of money and time spent on this car by myself and the previous owner that will never be recouped.
Andyrew
Boy that is a pretty orange! Does it have a flake in it?
ChristopherB
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 15 2017, 10:19 AM) *

Boy that is a pretty orange! Does it have a flake in it?

Thanks Andrew. The car was painted around 2000 and I have clayed, polished, and waxed it often. The paint doe have some very fine flake. I checked out the last two pages of your thread "1.8 turbo", in your signature and I see why you liked the color of my car! Great pictures with your wife and congrats on the girl. Having a daughter might be the best experience in life.
ChristopherB
BUMP on the new price of $15,500. EDIT: PRICE REDUCED $14.5!! Considering the multitude of extras that go with the car, I would say this is a great car for a great price. Here is a list of items that go with car, that are all extra.
Engine case with webcam for FI
good fan
2 alternators
dip stick
stock lower valence
complete stiffening kit (great if you ever remove the cage)
pair of 2L heads
original 2L manual, as well as Haynes, Lash, Hussey, and other manuals
2L connecting rods
oil and filter
MSD Ignition Soft touch rev control
Clutch
oil cooler
Empi valve covers
wipers
deep oil sump
turn signal gaskets
other various engine parts
other various hardware
photo album of build
many, many receipts
ChristopherB
Under the battery is free of rust and solid as are the longs. Tangerine did do a very small repair to the long on the driver side in March of last year. This picture is rotated but corrects when you click on it. You can see part of the very nice refurbished FI harness from Jeff Bowlsby Click to view attachment
ChristopherB
long driver sideClick to view attachment
ChristopherB
more
CODE
Click to view attachment
ChristopherB
interiorClick to view attachment
ChristopherB
moreClick to view attachment
ChristopherB
engine bayClick to view attachment
ChristopherB
Gauges mounted on the cage are volts and Air/ fuel.Click to view attachment
ChristopherB
rear suspension pictureClick to view attachment
ChristopherB
front suspensionClick to view attachment
ChristopherB
Cleaned up a bit for Cars N' Coffee in Hunt Valley Maryland.Click to view attachment
ChristopherB
door panelClick to view attachment
ChristopherB
I have not gotten any serious offers on this fantastic car! I am really surprised by this especially considering the amount of money I spent Last year at Tangerine. (Approx $7K) Chris really got this car running superbly and it really needs nothing to be enjoyed this summer. I am ready to make a deal if anybody wants to make an offer!
RacingDreamz
That's a very nice 914. But I had to ask, how does the top fit with the roll cage?
ChristopherB
QUOTE(RacingDreamz @ Jun 11 2017, 04:02 PM) *

That's a very nice 914. But I had to ask, how does the top fit with the roll cage?

Thanks. Amazingly the cage doesn't interfere at all with the top.
ChristopherB
This is a picture from the photo album of the restoration of the car by the previous owner. Click to view attachment
ChristopherB
Restoration work by the previous owner. This is a picture of a picture from a photo album.Click to view attachment
matthepcat
Bump for a really nice car. I am shocked this is not sold.
ChristopherB
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Jun 20 2017, 04:44 PM) *

Bump for a really nice car. I am shocked this is not sold.

Thanks Matt! I am really surprised as well. This car is a blast to drive, reliable, and it looks awesome. It gets a ton of attention at events or simply driving around town. Still waiting for a good offer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.