Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transport Company Recomendation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
I Need a recommendation for a car transport company from Los Angeles to St. Louis.
stevend914
QUOTE(96740 @ Apr 30 2017, 09:58 AM) *

I Need a recommendation for a car transport company from Los Angeles to St. Louis.

I had my car shipped from Phoenix to Saint Louis, but don't have the info on who did it. I went through U-Ship and picked the offer who had an 18 wheel/multicar trailer setup. Wasn't one of those idiots on the TV show. I'll look around and see if I can find the paperwork on the shipper.
Thank you.
stevend914
QUOTE(96740 @ Apr 30 2017, 10:27 AM) *

Thank you.

Here's the transport company I used: http://www.uship.com/profile/2JsAutoTransport/
Thank you very much.
767driver
I have used D & D Transport on multiple coast to coast transports. Call Daniel Iancu at 916-710-4026. Tell him Lee from Baltimore referred you.
914_7T3
I just used Rust Auto Shippers last week from Santa Cruz to Los Angeles. They are based out of NH, but have a network of owner operator transport companies that they use. These are not brokers just giving your car to some no-namer.

Call Darline at (603) 294-0961, they were reasonably priced and very easy to deal with.
SKL1
Used Reliable several times- no issues.
theer
Highly recommend Bruce at www.shipacardirect.com.

They do a great job of making this very darkly mysterious industry a little clearer.

I've used them twice to ship cars from CA to MA.
Amphicar770
I have used uship several times with good result. I specify and wait for a hauler who will be the same driver, same truck from pickup to delivery. As I recall, my 914 came from NV to PA in an enclosed two car trailer at a great price. Just be patient as the big brokerage shippers will autobid right away and can largely be ignored. If you can be flexible with pickup on short notice, that also helps.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Apr 30 2017, 06:47 PM) *

I have used uship several times with good result. I specify and wait for a hauler who will be the same driver, same truck from pickup to delivery. As I recall, my 914 came from NV to PA in an enclosed two car trailer at a great price. Just be patient as the big brokerage shippers will autobid right away and can largely be ignored. If you can be flexible with pickup on short notice, that also helps.

Be very very careful on U-Ship, it is really the wild west. Many guys on there will haul anything, cars, furniture, livestock, anything for a buck. I had a guy buy a C Coupe from me, he didn't want to use my transporter, he saved $100 using U-Ship. The guy showed up with a converted motor home, which was full of furniture, he had double booked. He unloaded all the furniture, loaded the car, then loaded all the furniture back, on top of the car.
Best advice on shipping, find a company that does the shipping themselves, not a broker, they will string you along. Here are some nightmares:
https://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/2012/02...ng-of-porsches/

vin man
I have used Arrow Auto Carrier multiple times Phoenix to Pittsburgh. Call them direct and you save the ~$150 in broker fee plus U-ship fees. You can mention my name but I'm not sure Lana will remember me.

716-279-8797
Coloradocurt
Highly recommend Angel's Moving Autos-
http://www.angelsmovingautos.com/
I've used them twice and they've been great, dependable, good communications and super-good price. And no broker!
Both times used enclosed, 2-car trailers.
Mention my name (Curt) to Dina (owner of Angel's)
GeorgeRud
Reliable took my -6 from Chicago to Monterey, Ca and back for the PCA Parade a couple of years ago. Great service and they treated the car with kid gloves.
srreality
QUOTE(96740 @ Apr 30 2017, 08:58 AM) *

Inter-City Lines..........call Jim Bergeron 800-221-3936, ext. 106. That's if you want an enclosed trailer. I've used them several times for classic cars, etc. and they've been perfect. Not cheap, but competitive with other enclosed haulers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.