Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scored a 74 914 slantnose roller yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RSR
I joined this site last week to get some help with a subaru convertion glitch on my 986 and a week later I own a 914 project WTF you guys are a bad influence lol...
mepstein
It's addictive.
BillC
Pictures?

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif (required emoticon tongue.gif )
RSR
Can figure out how I'm tryingClick to view attachment
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RSR @ Apr 30 2017, 01:17 PM) *

Can figure out how to post pics.

It's up in the FAQ but, basically, down at the bottom part of this "add post" thingy, is a file attachment button. Click on it and it will allow you to choose your pic after going through some file choices. There are size limits for the files but they are generous. If it says you have exceeded the file size limit, scale it down.
Not a fan of the slant nose, but you will enjoy the car! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Well, I guess I took too long to type that huh?? confused24.gif av-943.gif
RSR
Here's A picClick to view attachment
RSR
I wasn't a fan of the slantnose but it grows on you, I want to go gt flares with the slantnose if it will work, and Subaru engine and trans.
ConeDodger
I don't think the front flares will work. Perhaps a combination of rear GT flares and front SC flares?

Here's my car. I think the front flare's leading edge will climb too high on the slant.
See what I mean?
GeorgeRud
A friend made his slant nose 914 many years ago, and the body man mounted 911SC flares on the back (using the LR on the R side and RR on the left side). It allowed for him to use wider rear rims and kept with the 'softer' look of the slant nose vs the GT flares. I just wish I had a photo to share, but it was back in the 80s and we didn't have phones that could snap digital photos back then.
RSR
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 30 2017, 01:50 PM) *

I don't think the front flares will work. Perhaps a combination of rear GT flares and front SC flares?

Here's my car. I think the front flare's leading edge will climb too high on the slant.
See what I mean?

I will probably need to massage that top corner but I think it's doable.
csdilligaf
I had a Slant nose way back in 2000 or so. Mine was a SBC with 915 gearbox. I think they can look pretty good, but the big rubber nose has got to go
r_towle
welcome.png
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 30 2017, 01:50 PM) *

See what I mean?

Here is a slant nose with GT flares.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=132215&hl=
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.