Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: windshield tear-offs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
sixaddict
Anyone suggest good source or personal experience using.
Just replaced windshield on track car because I couldn't see so would like to protect it
Thanks
Racing916
I bought tearoffs for my 914 from the http://racetearoffs.com. Bad experience the two layer would not lay down. We heated it and could not get rid of the "fingers" or creases at the edges. Complete waste of money. I just threw it away. Wish I had a pro install it. Also if you do get them just use a tiny amount of soap and make sure it's mixed thoroughly. If you don't you will get a cloudy finish. Good luck!

Steve
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
I just ordered a 4 layer kit from Pro-tint 1-800-553-8673 after I watched them install them on a bunch of teams cars at this years Rolex 24 at Daytona. They flew in from N. Carolina? I believe just to do the event. Their tear offs are patented, and you can use wipers on them no problem.

It was around $175 for the 4 ply and they give you a small install kit and good directions. Shipping was a bit pricey but still ended up less than the majority of others. An industrial strength squeegee and heat gun in the 500 deg range is what they were using after talking with them a bit at the race.

I'd highly recommend them!
Andrew
sixaddict
Thanks
Good info
May be near enough to pick up

Guess I underestimated complexity.....

QUOTE(Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You @ May 7 2017, 05:56 PM) *

I just ordered a 4 layer kit from Pro-tint 1-800-553-8673 after I watched them install them on a bunch of teams cars at this years Rolex 24 at Daytona. They flew in from N. Carolina? I believe just to do the event. Their tear offs are patented, and you can use wipers on them no problem.

It was around $175 for the 4 ply and they give you a small install kit and good directions. Shipping was a bit pricey but still ended up less than the majority of others. An industrial strength squeegee and heat gun in the 500 deg range is what they were using after talking with them a bit at the race.

I'd highly recommend them!
Andrew

campbellcj
I should hop on this too, having lost 2 windshields in 2014-15 and now at my last event I got a rock chip/star in the latest one but luckily no crack!
Cracker
I hear clear packing tape in 3 inch wide rolls works if you do not mind the seams...

Tony

QUOTE(sixaddict @ May 8 2017, 10:12 AM) *

Thanks
Good info
May be near enough to pick up
Guess I underestimated complexity.....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.