Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Coldwater style engine cradle for suby 3.3
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flmont
my smallcar brackets will take to much fab work,..need a cradle !!
McMark
I don't think anyone is making pre-fab cradles right now. I've been wanting to build one for awhile, but need someone to help make it worthwhile, cause I'm not buying a motor/trans to make it happen. If you're interested in chatting more, send me a PM.

Or if multiple people are looking for pre-fab cradles maybe we can get a group-buy type project together... idea.gif
Chris H.
Just FYI the EG33 is the only engine that does not work well with the Coldwater cradle. The reinforcement braces block the exhaust manifold and it's a little too far forward in the engine bay, like almost touching the firewall.

Frank you will probably have to move everything back using the same type of spacers that the V8 guys do. That should line it up better.
flmont
Could that EG cradle be modded to work correctly,..
flmont
where can I fine these off set blocks,..??
Chris H.
Renegade Hybrids I think...go to the 914 SBC system and see the transaxle mounts...$60 I think. There is a tech article there as well.

Renegadehybrids

flmont
Thanks,..Iam having a hell of a time trying to line this engine up in the bay,.and get measurements to fab one,..dirt and plywood makes it harder !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.