Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dellorto
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
Anyone know a good carb rebuilder? A pair of Dells.
Brian
ablesnead
Geroge , the painted man...you can pm him here
john77
QUOTE(80cap @ May 1 2017, 01:18 PM) *

Anyone know a good carb rebuilder? A pair of Dells.
Brian

I don't, but depending on what needs to be done it really isn't that hard to do it yourself. This is coming from someone who'd never touched a carb until 12 months ago and has now rebuilt 3 sets. It's pretty much like adult lego. You can buy rebuild kits with all the gaskets, etc, and then just take one apart, throughly clean (just google how to clean carbs) and use the second one you didn't take apart as your guide for putting back together the one you just did.

UNLESS you have a problem with the throttle shaft and butterflies - e.g. slop in the shaft or the butterflies are out of sync and aren't closing completely. Then you'll need to send them out, because that's proefessional level adult lego smile.gif .
timothy_nd28
+1 on George.
80cap
I tried to search for the painted man and no joy.
914forme
Aircooled Engineering in Utah - Art Thraen knows Dell's unlike anyone else. aktion035.gif
ConeDodger
McMark at Original Customs in Michigan can do it and he's close
r_towle
QUOTE(914forme @ May 1 2017, 08:37 PM) *

Aircooled Engineering in Utah - Art Thraen knows Dell's unlike anyone else. aktion035.gif

I thought he retired???

Rich
Mark Henry
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 1 2017, 08:49 PM) *

QUOTE(914forme @ May 1 2017, 08:37 PM) *

I thought he retired???

Rich

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=548058
VaccaRabite
Its good to know the people at ACE are still there. They did excellent work, consistently.

Zach
ThePaintedMan
Thanks for the votes of confidence guys. I really enjoy rebuilding them, but at the moment it would be unfair of me to take on more work unless I had a pretty relaxed timeframe to turn them around. Busy with my day job, keeping my daily drivers running and well, being a dad (most important) I'll contact Brian, but I too would recommend McMark - everything he does is awesome and he can definitely do it for a decent price. ACE does fantastic work, but probably more geared towards carbs for /6s.
80cap
I just sent them off to Mark.
Thanks for the reply.
Brian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.