Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weird flasher
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HalfMoon
No, not that kind. And besides, all flashers are probably weird.

This is about the front flashers on my 73.
When I turn them on my drivers side is weaker than my passenger side.
Examination shows me that the passenger side has both filaments activating but the drivers side only has the lower filament activating.
Oddly, using the running lights and both sides have the upper filament activating.
Each socket has a hot and a ground and using a test light bears that out, so I'm thinking a switch is wonky?
Valy
Check the ground of the side where both filaments light. That bulb is grounding through the running lights circuit so both filaments light up. It can be the ground wire or the bulb socket or the bulb rusted.
HalfMoon
QUOTE(Valy @ May 3 2017, 08:42 PM) *

Check the ground of the side where both filaments light. That bulb is grounding through the running lights circuit so both filaments light up. It can be the ground wire or the bulb socket or the bulb rusted.

Will do!
Thanks for the tip :-)
David
HalfMoon
QUOTE(Valy @ May 3 2017, 08:42 PM) *

Well that was odd. I unhooked one of the wires and everything works as it should now.
Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
That is not a proper fix... Something is going on here, and if you don't find the actual problem it may cause more trouble down the road.

--DD
theer
With the ground wire disconnected, nothing should work on that side.

Check that the wires are properly hooked up on both sides front and rear.

Also, check the flasher indicator lights in the dash/tach. I had + and - reversed and was getting strange results. Power (+) goes to the connector in the center of the socket, ground (-) on the side connector.

Hope that helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.