Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the correct Center Seat / Arm Rest for 914 /6 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IAA1963
Hi,

When I bought my original 914/6 it had the hinged center seat. The /6 was build in spring 1970 and I wonder, if this hinged seat is correct? Or should it have a plastic tray with a separate cushion?

I am restoring the /6 to factory specs and would like to do it correct at it left the factory.

Thanks,
Mark
burton73
That is not the right part and very early 914-6 has the plastic tray as one open area not 2 sections (a small area and the larger one) that you know from most cars but the cushion is not contented to it.

Bob B
IAA1963
Thank you. Do you know until when the very early tray with one open area was used?
My /6 was delivered in May 70.
DamonsCarrera
FWIW my car has a build date of 5/70 and has the split center tray.

-Damon
rgalla9146
QUOTE(DamonsCarrera @ May 4 2017, 07:09 PM) *

FWIW my car has a build date of 5/70 and has the split center tray.

-Damon

Me too....... 3 / '70 914 6 has the split center tray.
'hinged center seat' ?......never.
Maybe your car had optional center seat belts ? leading you to believe 'third seat' ?
Blue6
The hinged center was 73/74...
IAA1963
My /6 came without optional center seat belt. So I guess the hinged center seat has been installed later buy a previous owner.

I will look for a split tray and separate cushion now.
Jett
IIRC. The hinged pad came with 73 + Appearance package cars that have the center console with gauges. I have one on my 73 and 75 2.0

I have a pretty good 914-6 early plaric tray with only one compartment, not the two section split tray. I was going to keep it for a future 6, but if you have a need for a real 6 then PM me. Note: I don't have the pad for sale.

Cheers
toolguy
Stoddard has repo trays for $35. . they are identical to OE

914-521-251-10-SIC Center Console Seat Tray Fits 914 1970-76
$33.78

Link http://www.stoddard.com/91452125110-sic.html
johnhora
Anyone know what was the correct fabric type for the 914-6 cushion?
gcrotvik
QUOTE(johnhora @ May 5 2017, 10:30 AM) *

Anyone know what was the correct fabric type for the 914-6 cushion?

Same vinyl as the seat bolsters and the door panels.
1970 Neun vierzehn
The "center seat cushion" pictured on the left is(was) an aftermarket accessory installed by the original owner shortly after taking delivery of the /4 in April 1970.

The "center seat cushion" on the right was given to me a long time ago, allegedly out of a /6.

I am the second owner of my 1970 since purchasing it in 1975.

The following photos show the original center console and original seats and vinyl. My car came with the center seatbelts.
pete000
Early 914 center tray with out divider. I think it was only for the first few months of production? I think they came in the super early 914-4s as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.