Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 fan rivet source?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911

Anyone know of a source for the rivets that hold the pulley to the fan on a six? I have completely restored my assembly and this is the missing piece.

Luke M
There's a guy on Pelican that restores the fans and IIRC he has a source for the rivets.
76-914
Try Aircraft Spruce. You need a structural pop rivet (aka Cherry Rivets) but you'll need the puller as well. Your regular pop rivet puller won't do it. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/pdf/2017Indi...al/Cat17095.pdf
mb911
I will have to try wag aero as well as they supply spruce with most of there stuff and 5 minutes from me
McMark
I have a box of them and I'll never restore that many fans. I'll send you some. You want a bunch? Or just enough to do one fan (with some spares)?
mb911
QUOTE(McMark @ May 5 2017, 06:12 AM) *

I have a box of them and I'll never restore that many fans. I'll send you some. You want a bunch? Or just enough to do one fan (with some spares)?

Just enough for one fan would be awesome. You can ship them with my hook if you like?

I really just do the weld repairs on fans and housings and do the correct coating I don't want to compete with the guys like Shaun And Jay who do the cosmetic restores..

But in this case I want to do my own.
bob
anyone know the size of these rivets? I need to swap the hub from a broken-fin fan.

-bob
mepstein
QUOTE(bob @ May 19 2018, 09:13 PM) *

anyone know the size of these rivets? I need to swap the hub from a broken-fin fan.

-bob

Talk to Ben / MB911 about fan repair. He can weld the mag fans to look like new.
mb911
agree.gif

Do it all the time. Pm me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.