Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Enclosed trailer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
Looking to have a 914 transported from Sandy Utah to the docks at Houston Texas ,I've tried some of the bigger companies but they say they don't do that route ,could someone recommended a company or small firm to quote for this
Thanks
Calwaterbear
QUOTE(cal914 @ May 5 2017, 01:36 PM) *

Looking to have a 914 transported from Sandy Utah to the docks at Houston Texas ,I've tried some of the bigger companies but they say they don't do that route ,could someone recommended a company or small firm to quote for this
Thanks

Post it on Uship, various companies bid on it, you can see their feedback, pick if you want covered or open transport etc. wait em out, you will get some guys going for the moon shot early, asking high prices, it will start coming down in price when you start rejecting the bids
Tom_T
QUOTE(cal914 @ May 5 2017, 01:36 PM) *

Thanks

Hi Bri,

Some of your problem may be that the folks you talked to are "geographically challenged" & have no idea where Sandy UT is! .... I blame our schools for not teaching it! dry.gif

So you're probably better to say from the Salt Lake City UT to Houston TX.

I don't know if you've already tried the ones below, but they always advertise in our National PCA Porsche Club magazine "Panorama" - so may be more helpful to Porsche owners - even if from the UK.

Intercity Lines - Automotive Transport
intercitylines.com
1-800-221-3936

Reliable Carriers, Inc.
reliablecarriers.com
1-800-521-6393

Thomas C. Sunday, Inc.
sundayautotransport.com
1-717-697-0939

You may have to get their non-800 numbers from the website, since IIRC 800 won't take international calls in many/most/all cases.

If you're a UK Porsche Club member, then it might help to mention it, & to say that they were recommended by USA PCA members from their ad in "Panorama" magazine. I don't know if will get you any special pricing, but it may help with better service.

If you've tried any/all of the above already, then you might want to retry using Salt Lake City as the departure city. Also, ask if they can recco another transporter, if they decline to service you.

You could also try a PM/email to Eric Shea at PMB (our brake resto guru on here), who is also in Sandy UT, to see if he &/or his customers have used any line from/to SLC.

Lastly, you could try to find a smaller independent transporter with an enclosed trailer, which we call "Hot Shots" over here, or perhaps a trailer manufacturer or dealer or another Porsche owner with an enclosed trailer going that way empty.

Good Luck & Cheers Mate! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
naro914
Also try Able Auto Transport. We used to use them when we had Exclusive Motors. They work with different independent transport companies that bid on the jobs for them. Fill out an online form and they'll give you a quote. Doesn't hurt to try.
ConeDodger
No clue on a carrier but I can tell you they like Long Beach and New Jersey... sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.