Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showing the V8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledboy
I was asked to show my car this weekend in a pretty impressive car show. I said "yes" without really knowing what I was getting myself into. 4 weeks and waay more hours than I had to spare later, I'm super happy with the way she looks. Paint is perfect, every body part perfectly aligned, a flawless interior, and every inch of that car clean enough to eat off of.

My car is one of a handful here that are worth less than 50k, and there are probably 25 worth over 500k, with a few well over a million, but I have to say, I think she looks like she fits in just fine. I'll post more later, but here is the initial staging.

Click to view attachment
tygaboy
Well done, sir! wub.gif
Looking forward to more pics.
tygaboy
Well done, sir! wub.gif
Looking forward to more pics.

Wait, I already said that. Double post, sorry...
ConeDodger
Lovin' that boat tail racer behind your 914 in that shot! evilgrin.gif
aircooledboy
Major thanks to Johannes for responding with permission to use his artwork in my show board. beerchug.gif Not too bad for an amateur. w00t.gif
Click to view attachment
aircooledboy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 5 2017, 06:11 PM) *

Lovin' that boat tail racer behind your 914 in that shot! evilgrin.gif

Rob, I cannot believe some of the cars here. drooley.gif I was feeling pretty inferior a couple days ago sad.gif , but like I said, I'm happy with how it looks on the floor.
ConeDodger
Chris,
I've always loved your car but I've wondered why you don't take it up to McMark and have him Megasquirt that thing. Insanity with a touch of civility?

Looking good though!
Tom_T
Hey Chris,

While you have your 914-8 all purdy now, maybe look at showing her at your local PCA Concours. I think that they'd have a Division for "Special Categories" cars with engine swaps.

I know that we have that here in Zone 8 (SoCal, So-NV & AZ) under SC-3, where even non-Porsche engines in Porsche Cars are placed (or non-original swaps, etc.), as well as SC-1 for limited production (917, 908, 906, 904, 959, B32, etc.), & SC-2 for race cars.

That way they don't have to go up against the garage queens & general production cars.

Are you 914-Subie & other resto-mods folks listening!!?? confused24.gif

In 2015 we had an excellent 914-EV Resto-Mod win our Orange County Concours, & I put the pix on here for it.

Maybe George Rud' or one of the other Chicago PCA folks on here can help you on that.

I say get 914's off all stripes - original/stock, resto-mod & engine swaps out there for the public & Porschephiles to see! shades.gif

Great Job on the Prep & Show! smilie_pokal.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
rick 918-S
first.gif beerchug.gif bye1.gif
aircooledboy
Some more of me first. My fresh interior:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
aircooledboy
Backstage view of the really sweet paint & lines

Click to view attachment
aircooledboy
And now some of the other trash in the show lol-2.gif

Lambo Aventador
Click to view attachment
aircooledboy
McLaren

Click to view attachment
aircooledboy
GT (owned by the same guy as the Lambo and McLaren BTW blink.gif )Click to view attachment

aircooledboy
Really sweet Jag coupe I had no idea existed wub.gif

Click to view attachment
aircooledboy
Speedster driving.gif

Click to view attachment
aircooledboy
1910 Oakland (this thing was HUGE, like 9ft high)
Click to view attachment
aircooledboy
Dino (the red one in the background is a 1951 Drogo Spyder owned by the same guy, who also had TWO GT3s and a GT4 in the show)

Click to view attachment
aircooledboy
1924 Bentley Speedster

Click to view attachment
aircooledboy
1935 Miller Indy car

Click to view attachment
aircooledboy
Some unbelievable cars in this show. I was really happy with the number of people who stopped to ask sincerely interested questions about the teener, even in the company of these god status cars. I didn't get the greatest placement in the show, so I always made them come under the ropes and get a better look. It was fun to see the looks on their faces when they were able to look into the engine bay and see that squeaky clean V8 actually fitting in there. After starting out pretty insecure about entering this show, I'm feeling like I fit pretty well after all.
beerchug.gif monkeydance.gif elvira.gif

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
There's a big difference between buying a car and building one. I'm sure you have a connection with yours that isn't there with a lot of the metal in that room
Rand
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ May 6 2017, 04:55 PM) *

Some unbelievable cars in this show. I was really happy with the number of people who stopped to ask sincerely interested questions about the teener, even in the company of these god status cars. I didn't get the greatest placement in the show, so I always made them come under the ropes and get a better look. It was fun to see the looks on their faces when they were able to look into the engine bay and see that squeaky clean V8 actually fitting in there. After starting out pretty insecure about entering this show, I'm feeling like I fit pretty well after all

Way to represent. Thanks for sharing, this is so cool. Always lift the ropes! Such a cool way to let people really see what you're about.

You fit in well for sure. smilie_pokal.gif
whitetwinturbo
..............great labor of love first.gif first.gif first.gif
aircooledboy
Well, sadly the Little NARP that Could did not win the show confused24.gif lol-2.gif , and in an even bigger surprise, the guy with the Giant Checkbook DID win (Aventador) blink.gif , but the family had fun, and I get to start the season with a perfect car. piratenanner.gif
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Gmanscott55
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 5 2017, 07:58 PM) *

Hey Chris,

While you have your 914-8 all purdy now, maybe look at showing her at your local PCA Concours. I think that they'd have a Division for "Special Categories" cars with engine swaps.

I know that we have that here in Zone 8 (SoCal, So-NV & AZ) under SC-3, where even non-Porsche engines in Porsche Cars are placed (or non-original swaps, etc.), as well as SC-1 for limited production (917, 908, 906, 904, 959, B32, etc.), & SC-2 for race cars.

That way they don't have to go up against the garage queens & general production cars.

Are you 914-Subie & other resto-mods folks listening!!?? confused24.gif

In 2015 we had an excellent 914-EV Resto-Mod win our Orange County Concours, & I put the pix on here for it.

Maybe George Rud' or one of the other Chicago PCA folks on here can help you on that.

I say get 914's off all stripes - original/stock, resto-mod & engine swaps out there for the public & Porschephiles to see! shades.gif

Great Job on the Prep & Show! smilie_pokal.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

I hear you Tom.... PCA Orange Coast Special Category Winner 2016. Resto mod -WRX Turbo conversion. Entering for 2017 also biggrin.gif .

Click to view attachment
Shadowfax
Beautiful car! first.gif beerchug.gif
mbseto
Nice work, that's a beautiful car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.