Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's a 1.7L Fuel Injection System (or these parts) worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
schmidder
Hey Guys and Gals, just acquired a 1974 914 with a rebuilt 2.0. Previous owner ran a fuel injected 1.7 for a while and I have what looks to be a majority of the 1.7 FI parts, wondering if any of you could look at the pictures and let me know what you think I should list if for in the classifieds? Any help would be much appreciated!Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=603
247]
JeffBowlsby
Not much demand for the 1.7L FI parts, so very little value.

If the MPS holds vacuum without leaking down it has some value, so test it.

The hard intake parts are just not in demand.

The harness is a core.

Put it on ebay with a no/low reserve and be thankful for anything you get.
mepstein
Around $250. Give or take.
schmidder
thanks guys.
TheCabinetmaker
Or, just go to eBay and do a search for sales of like items.
AZBanks
What does "MPS" stand for?

dangrouche
manifold pressure sensor
BillC
That looks like an oil-bath air cleaner, which means the FI came off a '72 or earlier. '73s have a plastic air cleaner housing and a cylindrical paper element.
Frankvw
I have a 914 since not too long ago, and am collecting some spare parts if I see them cheaply. There is maye not a high demand for them, but I think this sort of things could be valuable for someone collecting some 1.7 spare parts. Maybe not a lot of money worth, but still valuable for the 1.7 owner that does not have these as spares. I could use them...so that means there will be more people wanting them since I am not the only 1.7 owner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.