Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 Porsche 914 2.0 Phoenix Red
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jt914
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 in beautiful Phoenix Red looking for new owner to drive and enjoy.

This car was owned by one woman, who purchased the car new in Pasadena in 1973 and kept it a California car it’s whole life. The woman passed away years ago and I purchased this car from her surviving husband about 2 years ago. I have all paperwork to document the little old lady story.

Since then, the entire car has been taken apart and gone thru. It is a very nice car that includes all original manuals and looks and drives beautifully. No squeaks or rattles, doors close nice and tight as they should with no body sag and nice fitting door gaps. Rear trunk pan and battery tray were replaced with new panels. Rear trunk lid hinge was replaced. Repairs were done correctly and all affected areas were meticulously cut out and treated with seam sealer being used on all welds. This car is solid as rock and ready for another 40+ years of life. I have pics of body before paint to show it was a nice straight car to start with, the paint was just too faded and had a few too many blemishes to make it the nice car it is now.

The body color is the original L32K code that was recently redone and shines very nice. Most seals and weather stripping have been replaced. The interior is very nice and original with minimal wear. The original dash has some cracks but has a very nice dash cover installed over it that looks great.

This was originally a 1.7 liter car but the motor wasn’t running with poor compression when I purchased it. We took that one out but rather than rebuild the original 1.7, we built and installed a very nice GA code 2 Liter with stock, nicely tuned D-Jet fuel injection and a larger 2.0 heat exchanger setup and exhaust. The original fuel injected 1.7 motor is disassembled but is included with the sale. So if the new owner wishes to rebuild and re-install the original motor for originality sake, they can do so. Although, I can’t imagine someone wanting to do that after driving this very well sorted car with this very desirable engine combo.

Rebuilt 2056 2.0 liter - 96mm KB pistons, Machine work done at European Motor Works
Tuned D-jet fuel injection system with Tangerine Racing Adjustable MPS Kit
All new filters, vacuum and fuel hoses
Mostly new weatherstripping
All new shift bushings
Brakes bled and adjusted
Fuel tank was removed and cleaned
Original CA Blue Plates with current registration thru March 2018.
2nd owner, Clean CA title
Located in Pinon Hills, CA 92372.

$19,900

I wish I could post more pics here but seems I hit the limit with two so you'll have to email for more. Thanks for looking.
Jason
jt74914@gmail.com

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
You do know this is the parts page right? Might get more exposure in the cars for sale sub forum
euro911
With the higher technology cameras (more megapixels) we have these days, the image file sizes have increased exponentially.

The attachment (pix) limit in a post is 4mb, so the larger file sizes limit you to fewer images.

So, if you resize the image(s) you can post more pix in your post.

OR ... you can just make a new post in your original thread and upload additional two more pix.

Oh, and ... nice looking car drooley.gif
jt914
Thank you guys, I appreciate the help. I'll check my picture sizes and see how to move this to the correct section.
sb914
Little old lady from Pasadena!! Sounds like it could be a song!!
Cairo94507
Looks like a nice car. How about at least posting a link to the pictures so we can see all the work that went into making this car what it is? GLWTS. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.