Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any install tips- vinyl between dash and windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
Any tips for installing the vinyl that goes between the dash and the windshield? I'll be attempting this on Monday. Hoping to do it while the glass installer is still here!
porschetub
Try the tech information section on here pretty sure someone did a write up
rgalla9146
One thing I remember.....use 1/8" foam underneath
iankarr
The upper dash pad isn't difficult to install. Though the process is MUCH easier if the entire metal dash frame is out of the car. The dash top has to come off, and you may need to replace the thin foam under the vinyl. Make sure you use Sa-Besto, DAP Weldwood or some other very strong contact cement to hold the edges down...as that area can be exposed to high temps in summer heat.

Here's a link to some install tips...

http://www.914world.com/specs/Dash_top_vin...tallation-1.php

Again, if you remove the dash frame (a few interior screws on each side, and 4 nuts in the cowl area), you can use clamps instead of popsicle sticks or whatever to keep the edges glued down. The hardest part of removing the dash frame is taking out the climate control unit.

Just type in "914world & XXXX" in google and you can find pretty much anything on this site....
ConeDodger
I used contact cement under the whole sheet of vinyl and on top of the foam. I think though, it would look better just under the edges. The windshield has to be out to do a decent job. I suppose you could do it with it in, but so much easier with it out.

Do the forward rubber trim at the same time. And if you're so inclined, you can get fancy and install some low key tweeters like I did... happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.