Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 DTM!! Final test phase!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
Okay! I need two critics!!

I have the 914DTM in its final phases before we make the molds for the units(for the new oil cooler cavity relocation) and I want to see some results from others both on the cooling system's ability to keep temps lower and stable (we know thats no sweat to do) as well as what the normal 914 enthusiast will run into during the install.

This will back up my data on the temps and will also help me make the kits easier to install for others. I will offer a discount to the right individuals to do this, but you have to meet some standards first.

* Must have at least one CHT gauge with the sender under the spark plug
*must have a real oil temp gauge with the matching sender located in the sump
* Must be willing to give me a critique of the things you run into while installing the entire kit, including surround tin in your 914.
* Must be willing to sign my NDA on the shroud design/mods.

This is the best way I know of to grade my work thus far and it has always worked well for me in the past to do things in this manner.

I have 5,200 miles on my Hybrid engine with the prototype DTM installed and its working flawlessly. Now that I have the 16 channel datalogger its just a matter of getting the data sorted and uploaded to show you what its capable of....

The highest CHT I have seen on my 2316 making around 175 BHP is 315 and that was up hill in fifth gear... The oil refuses to get over 190 even today when it was 80 degrees. This engine has Nickies and tons of coatings and etc plus its super efficient which will impact the temps I see.... This is why I want someone else to do a swaparoo and let me know what they find- the results should be astounding!

I have been working on this for 7 months and its almost done so just hold yer horses a little while longer guys!!

If you are a candidate for this email me at productdevelopment@aircooledtechnology.com

Don't ask me about prices here guys- You know the rules!!!

Lookin forward to cooling your 914 REAL SOON!

BTW- No pics yet... My shadow is still looking over the shoulder trying to step in my foot tracks!
LvSteveH
smilie_pokal.gif

Sounds great, e-mail sent!
Jake Raby
Got a few emails- Thanks guys..

Ultimately I need someone with a modified engine and hopefully somneone with a near stocker to also go for it...

The main thing is that I need current engine data as well as the data from my system- its a huge comparison.

When these guys log the differences I'll need to say no more about the effectiveness of the shroud!
skline
I can volunteer, how about a 2.7 liter type 4 with 44 webers?
Twystd1
Jake,
I have a 2.5 stroker with Dells that goes like hell.

With a Westach 4 head tem setup that is yet to be installed

Send me a mail......

Twystd1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.