Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV boots/flanges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
I'm doing a ground up resto and have had these NOS CV boots and compression rings in my parts bin for decades.

Click to view attachment

But then I discovered my car was fitted with the all-in-one style boots and flanges so I have nothing to mount these boots on. My existing boots are in great shape except that the flanges are crusty and I'd like them shiny plated for the resto. So I think my choices are to try to find some old style flanges and have the re-plated, or sell these boots and rings and buy a new set of all-in-ones. Any advice on what would be most economical? I'm not concerned so much about originality. I just want them to look shiny and new.
914Sixer
New all in one VW 6 hole boots would be the cheapest. Set of 4 can be had for under $25.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 8 2017, 03:08 PM) *

New all in one VW 6 hole boots would be the cheapest. Set of 4 can be had for under $25.

Is this for a /4 or a /6?
I ask because often it's the /6 that boots come that way.
bbrock
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 8 2017, 02:31 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 8 2017, 03:08 PM) *

Is this for a /4 or a /6?
I ask because often it's the /6 that boots come that way.

It's for a /4. Quite possible I didn't read the catalog carefully enough when I ordered these long ago. But I had 3 914s (all /4s) at the time and IIRC correctly, at least one of them had these type boots, maybe the '70?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.