Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mating engine to transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
I started to strip down my engine yesterday and discovered a few things.

It is a w code 1.7 motor that's been standing for a while although spins nicely with oil in the case.

I bought a sachs clutch, 215mm and measured the inner bowl of the flywheel which was 215mm. The clutch disc fits but the pressure plate sits on top of the ring gear ever so slightly.

The flywheel has no step in it where the disc sits so i'm guessing it's either very worn or has a 411 flywheel thus confirming the motor came from a 411.

My question is are flywheels the same on the 914 across engine size? This includes the pitch for the crank shaft bolts. If not can someone advise me on what i would need to look for when purchasing the correct flywheel. For example would a 2.0 flywheel bolt straight onto the 1.7 crank?

I have a side shift gearbox (901?) to mate to the engine.
JFG
A few more bits of info ref the flywheel. The inner plate diameter is 215mm. The inner ring gear diameter is 246mm & the flywheel itself is 275mm.

does the 914 flywheel have a flush face at the ring gear or is it slightly proud?

I'm reading so many articles but they seem to go off on a tangent or contradict one another.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.