Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: getting eyebrow grommets off
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 RZ-1
How does one get the eyebrow grommets off without trashing them? I'd like to re-use them for now, as I'm sanding and doing some body work/primer painting on the car. I don't want to have to install new ones only to have to take them off again in a few years when I'm ready to get the car painted.

Anybody ever use bolts to hold the eyebrows on? Maybe with some rubber washers?Click to view attachment

Tom_T
Try shooting on some WD40 & working it out with a small screwdriver, as they're only friction fit in most cases, but who knows, some DAPO could've screwed/bolted in anything that shouldn't.

Clean off the WD40 completely after removal of the grommets, before sanding/painting.

BTW - you could've just combined this & the front trunk seal removal, & small sander into one topic with 3 questions, & that usually will get better replies, than many singe item topics. smile.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
Don't use a bolt. The rubber is designed to give a bit if you get a finger caught. The motor is very strong. 914rubber sellers replacements very reasonable.
I think I remember poking mine through from one side. Might have to remove the bulb and outer surround and then manually crank the light to midway to open up the area to work.
Mikey914
Yes it is possible to reuse. If yours haven't hardened too much. But odds are they have and they are relitively cheap.

Also if you use WD40, I wouldn't get them neat new paint.
rhodyguy
Are you selling them solo or only as part of the headlight kit? I looked around your site.
Mikey914
$5.20 for all 6

http://shop.914rubber.com/914-Eyebrow-grom...m?categoryId=-1

And yes I do have the arms, pivot bushings, even the paint (just haven't listed it yet).

Mark
Tbrown4x4
Hmmm. My grommets are actually mounted in the eyebrows. Which is correct?
Mikey914
The grommets mount in the eyebrows and push into the body.
Tbrown4x4
Thanks!
mlindner
914RZ, just push into fender opening, do not try to pull out. Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.