Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970-72 914-6/914-4 Seatbelt Holster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pages: 1, 2
flippa
QUOTE(yerpants @ May 16 2017, 07:33 AM) *

QUOTE(flippa @ May 16 2017, 05:53 AM) *

QUOTE(yerpants @ May 16 2017, 04:11 AM) *

Oh here we go again! And now we hear from the East Coast!

huh.gif

Would you care to elaborate Skippy?

I intended no slight. I was only noticing a sudden influx of rust belters with no idea what should be original in these cars because it was probably destroyed by road salt 3 decades ago, posting in the originality forum. Don't you think that being from California and seeing these cars in actual original condition makes any fella on the West Coast more of an expert? Do you even have a running 914? And for the record, only my mom gets to call me Skippy.

huh.gif

Actually I don't currently have a running 914.

Is being from California and having a running car requirements for being an expert?

confused24.gif
bulitt
QUOTE(flippa @ May 16 2017, 09:53 AM) *

huh.gif

How do you know his name is Skippy? unsure.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(yerpants @ May 16 2017, 10:33 AM) *

huh.gif

I intended no slight. I was only noticing a sudden influx of rust belters with no idea what should be original in these cars because it was probably destroyed by road salt 3 decades ago, posting in the originality forum. Don't you think that being from California and seeing these cars in actual original condition makes any fella on the West Coast more of an expert? Do you even have a running 914? And for the record, only my mom gets to call me Skippy.

You probably dont realize the irony of your statement - http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=106149&hl=
bulitt
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 16 2017, 12:46 PM) *

QUOTE(yerpants @ May 16 2017, 10:33 AM) *

huh.gif

You probably dont realize the irony of your statement - http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=106149&hl=

Well, the Lad can type biggrin.gif
r_towle
Skippy skippy skippy
wndsnd
Instigator ...... rolleyes.gif
bulitt
East Coast Instigator... bye1.gif
Tom_T
Well, while looking on Bowlsby's website I came across this “New Vehicle (914) Delivery Inspection Checklist” - he doesn't say what year(s) it's from, but there is nothing about dealers mounting the seatbelt holder - as some of the "orafice hunters" have claimed.

> see #39 at the bottom:
http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/RareDocs.htm

IPB Image

And - no Epstein - I do not have a running 914, but I had driven mine for a decade & 130,000+ miles before it was whacked, & then held onto to it for another 32 years now waiting & then working off-n-on to restore it since 2009! At least I don't have time to troll & slam you around the web slick! Get a life! mad.gif

No - having a running 914 is not a requirement.

Cheers to those who care! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 5 2017, 10:58 PM) *

Well, while looking on Bowlsby's website I came across this “New Vehicle (914) Delivery Inspection Checklist” - he doesn't say what year(s) it's from, but there is nothing about dealers mounting the seatbelt holder - as some of the "orafice hunters" have claimed.

> see #39 at the bottom:
http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/RareDocs.htm

IPB Image

And - no Epstein - I do not have a running 914, but I had driven mine for a decade & 130,000+ miles before it was whacked, & then held onto to it for another 32 years now waiting & then working off-n-on to restore it since 2009! At least I don't have time to troll & slam you around the web slick! Get a life! mad.gif

No - having a running 914 is not a requirement.

Cheers to those who care! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Tom, you ARE a glutton for punishment! But I admire your dedication.
914_teener
What I really want to know is:

Does Deepthroat really know why there was not consistent penetration through the perlon by the teeny tiny screws?

Those factory workmen must have had very small hands.

Keep us posted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.