Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid speed nuts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
Does anyone here have or know where I can get the correct speed nuts to hold the engine cover screen to the lid? Sierra Madre Collection has them on backorder. These are the "large hole" ones, not the more common "small hole" ones used for the emblems.

-Aaron
iankarr
My local hardware store had them.
Amphicar770
914rubber has them. As cuddyk noted, a good hardware store (not big box) may have them as well.
Mikey914
try ACE I think you can find there.
McMark
The real 'speed nuts' are rubber encased steel. There are two sizes used on classic Porsche cars. Those OE look parts are readily available in the small size. The large size doesn't seem to be produced at the moment. But things seem to change weekly.

IPB Image

In the meantime, I found a rubber washer and a 'speed nut' and use the two parts together. It's not OE, but it's as close as I've been able to find for the time being and it's WORLDS better than this crappy stuff...

IPB Image

I can sell sets for the engine lid letters for $10. It takes 14pc, but I'll make the kit 16pc so there are a couple extra just in case...
***TYPE 914WORLD LOGIN***
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.